Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

🥾 We are here to stomp out the speculation!

VaknarVaknar Moderator, Member, Staff
edited November 2023 in Announcements
JUST ANNOUNCED on our Development Update - Alpha Two is coming to you in 2024! Who else can't wait?! 🔥

community_management.gif

Comments

• Options
    George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited September 2023
    Take time of work ppl. Somewhere between 1/1/24 and 31/12/24. Let them know
  • Options
    Caught this part of the live-stream, ironically had to miss the Q&A.

Great news!

• Options
    WizzyMcNastyWizzyMcNasty Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    We appreciate this information! Some news is better than no news, and the speculations were getting sad!
  • Options
    Raven016Raven016 Member
    edited September 2023
    I say it will be November. :)
    (not because they want but because they'll have unexpected delays)
  • Options
    May 8th.
    Düngrim Ramheart, Ramheart Council - Pathfinder
    cocd2u6egll9.jpg
    Dünhold Discord
    Dünhold Website
  • Options
    Dr3amerADr3amerA Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I personally don't mind when it will be but i would say Q3 .
    Getting time off work for sure!
  • Options
    stefanw1337stefanw1337 Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I would hope Q1, but I'll expect Q4 ;(
    [img][/img]
  • Options
    Vaknar wrote: »
    Alpha Two is coming to you in 2024! Who else can't wait?! 🔥

OOOFFF !!! So Release early 2024 is out of the Question. 😅 ( fxxx, hahaah. :D )

What interests me right now is -> is it early 2024, or Summer 2024, or Autumn or Winter 2024 a whole Year from now on ?

I am excited, but this is kind of a Hole similar like a Plothole. Something everyone would be exited to understand and know : but there is just no Knowledge and/or Information.

Being well aware over here, what " Not Year's* away means ".

It could mean everything beneath the Time-Span under Two whole Years, right ? So if it is 1 Year and a whoppig 364* Days (lol) - it still would be below Two Years, right ? :s . 😅

It could also mean, that the " Beta " of Ashes of Creation is easily only at first Playable in 2025. 😅 :D

Good things need Time, Yes. But this is heavy. Very heavy. The Game looks so "finished" already, but knowing it will still take so long. How incredibly huge is this Game to be planned at Launch ? 😳
    a50whcz343yn.png
  • Options
    Raven016Raven016 Member
    edited September 2023
    Raven016 wrote: »
    I say it will be November. :)
    (not because they want but because they'll have unexpected delays)

I changed my mind. I think it will be July.
    Reasoning: they said 2 tests will happen before Alpha 2.
    They have enough time to prepare the first testing they mentioned in February.
    Then 1 month work on feedback: March
    April 2nd test
    May and June: work on feedback
    July: Alpha 2
  • Options
    Q3 seems likely. You don't want to start something like this going into the holiday season
  • Options
    Put your expectations at 12/31/2024 for Alpha 2 and you probably won’t be disappointed. My guess would be Fall.

I assume there will be a lengthy period of time for select play testing for most of next year to prepare for the wider audience of Alpha 2.

We also will need to find out more about the start/restart schedule post Alpha 2 kickoff. I would imagine the intent is to try to make this as seamless as possible based on previous livestream demonstrations, but it is still an Alpha. That said, is Intrepid looking at predetermined weekly/monthly/quarterly resets or is the plan to roll the changes as either needed or when it “feels” right? Pretty sure you are using metrics to help with those decision points.

To me the most interesting part will be the decision point between a beloved system or feature versus the data from the players that points towards a different direction or concept. In addition the contrast between what players say they want versus what they actually do.

I wonder had Alpha 1 been persistent would Intrepid already have some of these data? Guess that would be balancing several years of data versus the costs to maintain a persistent Alpha 1 at the expense of development. Although come Alpha 2 the features added since Alpha 1 closed would have been battle tested. So there are trade offs with pros and cons.
  • Options
    Spif wrote: »
    Q3 seems likely. You don't want to start something like this going into the holiday season

This makes the most sense from a business plan. Work half the year to make sure you're ready. Launch A2 start of third quarter allowing you to fix shit and obtain data all the way up to Q4 then use the early part of Q4 for major adjustments before the holidays. Let those adjustments ride into the new year then start executing the next years plan.
  • Options
    I'm glad they are taking their time nothing worse than a big letdown after release. Make it perfect and I'll be playing for years to come. Make it full of problems... what can I say I'll probably still play for years to come. Unless I die waiting...If that happens ill come back as a game bug and haunt you all :D
  • Options
    My guess would be Q3.

Q1 : Unlikely as they would have marketed this differently. There is almost no hype build-up for people who are not actively listening to all of Stephen's words. Also, since they mentioned they want us to test the game as fully as possible they will release (showcase) one new class (the bard) and probably a reworked fighter and ranger. Unless the December showcase is a massive one, i dont see how intrepid will get this done by January.

Q2 : Possible, but tight deadline and as Spif mentioned I doubt they will launch alpha 2 during the holiday season.

Q3 : Most likely since they will have had enough time to release 'promised' content and deal with any/most setbacks.

Q4 : Possible but I personally dont think they would market a "2024" launch, stop selling alpha 2 keys in 2023 and then release alpha 2 at the end of 2024.

All things considered, I personally can't wait to play the game and see what the actual state of the game is.
    Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
  • Options
    While, like us all I think, I'd love to see it sooner rather than later I'd also rather them take the time to do it right. I think Q3 gives them the time to do that. As somebody who pledged, oh about 5 mins ago I'm pretty geeked to see what's in store <3
  • Options
    During Alpha 2, the game will be refined and redesigned. There is no reason to release Alpha 2 later than the first quarter.
    But for less disappointment, of course you need to convince yourself in the 3rd quarter - because the +- 1st quarter error (in your prediction) doesn’t look super big, right?
  • Options
    Truly do not care at all when it comes out. Just care about the fact that it is coming and that it will, hopefully, be the best iteration possible. Better late and great than early and not so great.
    Very exciting news.
  • Options
    easyeasy Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    POG CHAMP !!!!!!!! OMFG, O0AAPO,!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PoggersKAPPA XD dd
  • Options
    JeanPhilippeQCJeanPhilippeQC Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    My guess would be Q3. I'm not sure they would launch Alpha-2 on Q4 because World of Warcraft has planned to launch an expansion on 2024 and usually they launch it on November since Shadowlands. If Blizzard decides to launch The War Within much earlier, expect a delay for Ashes. Not sure Steven would take the risk to launch on the same window.
  • Options
    Uhh, which month haha...
    c8ybb18afj2p.jpg
    "The gods do not fear death. They greet death as an old friend. When your time comes to return to the ashes, move forward knowing death is merely one of many paths to a new adventure."
  • Options
    Typically speaking, beta comes quickly after alpha 2, with most companies taking roughly 6 months to work out the bugs and such.
    Alpha 2 will not be feature complete (summoner will not be playable), so it is a not-so-typical release, but I think this gives me some confidence to say ashes may be coming 2025/early 26? Beta 1's usually only last 3-4 months, looking at other MMOs, and beta 2 is usually something like 2 weeks.
    I'm feelin pretty hyped bois.
  • Options
    Other mmos are comming too.
    Pax Dei and Dune start alpha tests.
    Which one will release first?
  • Options
    My money's on Jan 17...
  • Options
    persianpersian Member, Warrior of Old, Kickstarter
    Time to save up on sick days.
  • Options
    Hopefully it’s released before the new WoW expansion, that’s set to come out in September
    That way people can play Alpha 2 without having to compete
    rvid9f6vp7vl.png
  • Options
    KotterKotter Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    on April Fools Day is my bet.