Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

What kind of future updates can we expect after the release ?

DageraDagera Member
edited September 2023 in General Discussion
Hello here,

Steven said that there will be no expansion per say, but gradual updates coming with the subscription.

With all the features being planned for the release (arenas, under-realm, naval battle, combat pets, …), I currently have no idea what to expect from future updates.

It seems unlikely to see new zones / level cap updates since it would probably unbalance the node systems.

I guess we could see content being added, but in a limited world I don't know how long it can last ? They could make it a living world by rotating different content though

What kind of feature do you think could be added after release ? Have they already communicated any information ?

Comments

• Options
    Additional large scale siege/war events and maps could be rotated in and out if their backend systems actually work as well as they hope.
  • Options
    Dagera wrote: »
    Hello here,

Steven said that there will be no expansion per say, but gradual updates coming with the subscription.

With all the features being planned for the release (arenas, under-realm, naval battle, combat pets, …), I currently have no idea what to expect from future updates.

It seems unlikely to see new zones / level cap updates since it would probably unbalance the node systems.

I guess we could see content being added, but in a limited world I don't know how long it can last ? They could make it a living world by rotating different content though

What kind of feature do you think could be added after release ? Have they already communicated any information ?

they could increase the level cap...just increase the level cap of nodes as well.

add islands or another continent as well, or more areas. more events, more weapons, more classes, etc etc
  • Options
    I think the possibility of added new continents makes sense. When you release new areas, it's like a soft restart where no nodes have been developed and it's a race to be the ones to level up your desired nodes. You could have specific bosses on these new areas so it's feels like an expansion, but you'd have to keep the old areas still relevant somehow.

Besides that, new classes and races, weapons, etc.
  • Options
    tautautautau Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Here is the answer from the wiki:
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Expansions
  • Options
    They have planned the current map with 85 nodes for 10k players.

I don't see how they can add new zones/continent or update level cap without unbalancing that ...

I guess they can still change some rules when doing this (travel speed, etc ...)
  • Options
    hleVhleV Member
    edited October 2023
    Dagera wrote: »
    They have planned the current map with 85 nodes for 10k players.

I don't see how they can add new zones/continent or update level cap without unbalancing that ...

I guess they can still change some rules when doing this (travel speed, etc ...)
    They could keep the 85 node limit but with additional areas, some of the nodes would have to go (according to the choices of that particular server's playerbase, of course) in order for new ones to appear.
  • Options
    tautau wrote: »
    Here is the answer from the wiki:
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Expansions

Expansions

DLC expansions (post-launch releases) are planned on a monthly, quarterly, or six-monthly basis.[1][2]

The frequency and size of expansions will be based on the popularity and subscription base of the game.[1]

DLC will not cost anything more than the normal subscription.[3][4]

Larger expansions will add new content and increase various aspects of the game.[1][5]
    Increased level cap.[1][5]
    New gear sets.[1]
    New zones.[1]
    New bosses.[1]
    New skill levels.[5]
    Increased power levels.[5]
    Gear upgrades.[5]

New content will primarily be introduced through the node system. The goal is for existing content to remain relevant alongside the new content.[6]

Expansions provide an opportunity for the developers to evaluate ways to unlock content that was not readily experienced by players in the previous release.[7]

seems like a normal plan with plenty of future growth
  • Options
    Let the game release... I don't think that is gonna happen anytime before late 2025 at the earliest or 2026 most likely.

You are looking too far into the future.
    "Suffer in silence"
  • Options
    I too think : this huge a Game would need to release first - with all of it's Contents decently realised and working and functioning as intended.

Thinking about Expansions is something the Developers can do in the very next Second : but i am confident right now they have all their Hands full with bringing the Game to Life in the first Place. ;)
    a50whcz343yn.png
  • Options
    tautautautau Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Expansions don't have to make the world map obsolete. For example, and expansion could be adding a new dungeon to level 4 nodes, with different dungeons for each type of node. Or it could be an earthquake event that opens new areas in the Underworld.

Of course, it could be a new race. If Dwarfs and Orcs are getting married, we would end up with little Dorks.
  • Options
    I would assume it would just be an extension of what nodes will offer as they continue to upgrade.

Additional dungeons, raids, world events that are generated, etc. So maybe it being viewed more so as a season. More lore and main questlines being added several times a year or each year so the player base has something new to delve into and learn about.
  • Options
    Underwater content could also be an expansion.
    u5l8c6eyozf7.png
  • Options
    This post is like a dude planning the wedding before going on the first date.

Relax.
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png