Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Make films from in-game footage/ gameplay.

I'd welcome the ability to have a free floating camera that allows me to shoot film like scenes and gameplay in game. This opens up the game to be like a film set where the community can create stories in video form to be later edited in external software. All intrepid has to do is have a free floating camera with zoom and angle function, while the recording can be done using OBS broadcast and other streaming software applications.

I've always wanted to create visual stories in game and a game like ashes, with the amazing mechanics would be perfects to tell the stories of Progression from nodes, to events and even individual players.
🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤

I hope I have explained my self correctly.

As an example: Captain Grim.

https://youtu.be/lDMAmg0l2zw?si=vmYLCMuFwPqS6uPj

Comments

• Options
    Only if the camera can be limited to where the camera can already go in relation to where your player is located.

But anything else would be a conflict in regards to PvP I'd imagine. Might just have to wait for private server tech to pop up for that stuff. Which as far as I know is what most WoW video content creators use.
    5lntw0unofqp.gif
  • Options
    TaerrikTaerrik Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I am 100% behind any effort to allow a screenshot mode. As a FF14 Gpose addicted person who uses tools to create the pose the character does, and to control lighting and camera angle. Content like that is worth a lot to me.

In this screenshot mode, you dont have control of your character from gameplay, you just stand there, hoping nothing comes by to attack you while you take your photos or video.

That being said, FF14 isnt a pvp open world game, ashes is. If ashes were to get a screenshot mode where movies and screenshots can be taken from a freecam perspective, then that screenshot mode requires some 'Line of sight Occlusion' applied to it.

I mean, if there are monsters or enemies around a corner, not visible to the player from where the player is standing, then when you go to look around in freecam, they are not shown.

It also needs a short range limit, so you cant freecam a dungeon and find the best path forward without exploring it.
  • Options
    Definitely was thinking about people exploiting it to see through walls etc in private zone's. Háving Private servers to capture footage makes Sense to.

I'm just excited to make short films / Stories in this game, just wondering how that might end up functioning.

Regardless, I'm excited to play this with my friends.
  • Options
    TaerrikTaerrik Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Totally, I do a lot of RP, that is more storytelling and para/para novel writing than it is walk up and just chat to someone randomly. It generates large PDFs of text that is really nice to put images of the scene to go along with the writing. It helps give the reader a piece of the immersion me and my friends had at the time.

At one point, I even got into learning how to use adobe animate to make flash pages to tell the stories (I dont know if anyone else here is old enough to remember newgrounds website, but same things). But I got out of that after awhile. Github pages are free, but only provide so much space.