Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Alpha 2 packs still available ?

I thought it was finish with Alpha 2 packs. Or they decided to prolongate it ?

Comments

• Options
    Available until the 17th of January.
  • Options
    Shabooey wrote: »
    Available until the 17th of January.

There was a communication talking about Septembre 2023 or I dreamt ?
  • Options
    George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited October 2023
    no more cosmetics after september 2023

• Options
    The Unseen order pack went live in September and will run until January. For now it's the last pack that will have Alpha 2 access but they have said there may be other ways to get that later.
  • Options
    no more cosmetics after september 2023
    Shabooey wrote: »
    The Unseen order pack went live in September and will run until January. For now it's the last pack that will have Alpha 2 access but they have said there may be other ways to get that later.

Ok thanks it's clear !
  • Options
    Only one thing is missing : Some pre-order packs Alpha / Beta without any cosmetics. Honnestly I would prefer to buy a pack the same price, without cosmetics but with a bit more months of access to the game.

This would offer a little more diversity in the offers to target different player profiles and maximize revenues.
  • Options
    Myosotys wrote: »
    Only one thing is missing : Some pre-order packs Alpha / Beta without any cosmetics. Honnestly I would prefer to buy a pack the same price, without cosmetics but with a bit more months of access to the game.

This would offer a little more diversity in the offers to target different player profiles and maximize revenues.

But that would attract players who do not like supporting the game by buying cosmetics. They don't want that.
    Players who want the game itself, will get the game at release.
    Alpha 2 will reward testers who like reporting bugs and those who like to own cosmetics.
  • Options
    MyosotysMyosotys Member
    edited October 2023
    Raven016 wrote: »
    Myosotys wrote: »

But that would attract players who do not like supporting the game by buying cosmetics. They don't want that.
    Players who want the game itself, will get the game at release.
    Alpha 2 will reward testers who like reporting bugs and those who like to own cosmetics.

I don't think players are buying packs to support the game. I think that those who are following the game for years do. But the majority of the future player base just want to buy the access to a game and play the game as fast as possible.

The Alpha 2 was announced for soon and I don't believe that it can be an issue to have more testers who purchased access if this money can be reinvested in technical and human stuff in response to increasing resource requirements.

So those who want to support the game will understand that more testers is in the game's best interest, so they'll accept to be less exclusive. Logical no ? Otherwise it would be an ego problem.

And even if the main idea is just to support the game, I'm still convinced that adding a non-cosmetic offer with a slightly longer subscription period would also help support the game.