Extra Life 2023 - Poll for Community Building Competition

edited November 2023 in General Discussion
Glorious Ashes of Creation Community,

We’re excited to be participating in our seventh year of the Extra Life Game Day event! We’ll have livestreams on Friday, November 3, 2023 from 6:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. Pacific, and on Saturday, November 4, 2023 at 10:00 a.m. Pacific to Sunday, November 5, 2023 at 10:00 a.m. Pacific. The goal of these streams is bringing our community together to raise money for this great cause. More information about this event can be found on the post here.

One of the segments of this stream is a Community Building Competition, where teams of Intrepid Studios staff and Ashes of Creation content creators compete in a building challenge. They will be tasked with building something from Ashes of Creation in Minecraft live, while people watching the stream have the option to donate to the Extra Life campaign to help or hinder their progress.

What each team will build is up to you! Vote for which building you’d like to see teams build live on stream. Once this segment starts during the livestream, we’ll reveal which option won!

6k7pydhbz042.png
community_management.gif

Extra Life 2023 - Poll for Community Building Competition 380 votes

Kaelar
3% 12 votes
Vaelune
2% 11 votes
Ren'Kai
15% 59 votes
Empyrean
3% 13 votes
Niküa
2% 9 votes
Vek
4% 18 votes
Dünir
31% 119 votes
Py'Rai
36% 139 votes

Comments

• There's only one true choice.
    hjcr5fat1sbd.png
  • AzheraeAzherae Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    UDPCast:

It's not clear from either of the external links how the helping or hindering will happen, nor if this is just 'materials provided, enjoy building'. Might even be Creative mode.

Presumably unmodded, scale... who knows...

Probably just for silly fun. Might as well vote Py'Rai to troll or more reasonably Ren'Kai so it's a proper MineCraft building challenge to go with the theme and raise more money.
    Sorry, my native language is Erlang.

• Whoever votes for human buildings deserves to stub their toe >:(
  • SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    half of those are boring af.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Azherae wrote: »
    It's not clear from either of the external links how the helping or hindering will happen, nor if this is just 'materials provided, enjoy building'. Might even be Creative mode..

This will be set in Survival Mode. Those participating in the Extra Life community game will need to gather the materials they want to build with.

No PvP allowed for this one though.

community_management.gif
  • Neurath wrote: »
    half of those are boring

Hopefully people don't vote for the "boring ones" then 🙃
    community_management.gif
  • PlasticLemonsPlasticLemons Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
  • Ren Kai out the wazzzoooooo!!
  • RumbleforgeRumbleforge Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    For the Dünir we raise our shields,
    We sharpen axe and let hammer fall!
    Vote ye dwarves and seize the day
    For none may pass our fearsome wall!
  • AzheraeAzherae Member, Alpha One, Adventurer

If only to save them from the fate of trying to gather enough nearwhite or blue materials to do either of the other two.

The spirit of the Dwarves shall save all.

(for people who don't follow MineCraft, the Dunir option is the 'kindest' one, now that it's been clarified that this is not only Survival mode, but also that they have to gather the materials themselves)
    Sorry, my native language is Erlang.

• Py'Rai looks the most interesting for me, I mean who doesn't want to see a cool tree-house?
    hd5re28vw9gs.gif
  • RumbleforgeRumbleforge Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited October 2023
  • BarabBarab Member, Alpha One, Adventurer

FOR ROCK AND STONE !!!
    The Dünir Hold Mithril Warhammers,Thanes of the Keelhaul, Dünir scourge of the oceans, Warhammer First Fleet Command of The Dünzenkell Nation, friends to the Dünir Dwarves of the Dünhold. Hammers High!
    y139ot6w1eku.png
  • Thoghli RamheartThoghli Ramheart Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    For the dünir dwarves!!
    fljhvwgjy3ny.png
  • 2utu6w472juz.png

Elves supremacy
    EDym4eg.png
  • ashoneashone Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I wonder who will be playing with lava this year. He he
  • VOTE FOR DÜNIR MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS!
    mwihd55wlj0r.png
  • For the DÜNIR!!!
    hc5cfjabkwqr.png
  • Hrothmir_RuneforgeHrothmir_Runeforge Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    For the DÜNIR!!!
    Thane Hrothmir Runeforge, Son of Orik, Son of Hrothgar, Current Runeforger and Thane of Clan Runeforge
    z6n6wteiyu0z.png
    Dünhold Discord
    Dünhold Website
  • FOR THE DÜNIR!!!
    - Historian (18th and 19th Century US History) - Veteran (USAF SSgt) - Fat guy (Too much pizza and energy drinks.)--Twitch-9qqrat6sixnm.png-
  • MybroViajeroMybroViajero Member
    edited October 2023

qca6in7w1qie.png

EDym4eg.png
    Would be nice if the thousand or more views turned into a thousand or more votes...
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • SolvrynSolvryn Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Roshen wrote: »
    Glorious Ashes of Creation Community,

We’re excited to be participating in our seventh year of the Extra Life Game Day event! We’ll have livestreams on Friday, November 3, 2023 from 6:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. Pacific, and on Saturday, November 4, 2023 at 10:00 a.m. Pacific to Sunday, November 5, 2023 at 10:00 a.m. Pacific. The goal of these streams is bringing our community together to raise money for this great cause. More information about this event can be found on the post here.

One of the segments of this stream is a Community Building Competition, where teams of Intrepid Studios staff and Ashes of Creation content creators compete in a building challenge. They will be tasked with building something from Ashes of Creation in Minecraft live, while people watching the stream have the option to donate to the Extra Life campaign to help or hinder their progress.

What each team will build is up to you! Vote for which building you’d like to see teams build live on stream. Once this segment starts during the livestream, we’ll reveal which option won!

6k7pydhbz042.png

I see no Tulnar option.

*clicks dwarf*
  • BabayugahBabayugah Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited October 2023
    If only more people came to vote
  • We have to see the py'rai homes, everyone loves a tree house.
    9u9aa7k6gdsu.gif
    I long to imagine a change, my heart is frozen by the winter rain.
  • PlasticLemonsPlasticLemons Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Ren Kai looks the hardest so I hope it wins
    Neurath wrote: »
    Would be nice if the thousand or more views turned into a thousand or more votes...

Im at least 4 of those views
  • My Kin, Dünir is the wise choice and will please the Seven!
  • I went with something more chaotic for comedic reasons :smile:
    if these results are anything to extrapolate from, there won't be a human metro.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • My favorite time of year. Will be tuning in from the great southern continent of Verra Terra. Please soften Cliff's volume by the standard 20%. And get in some cat food for John.

Hope you raise a huge amount for the kids. "Please... think of the children!!!...and donate."
    The girl watched the last of the creatures die and murmured a soft 'Thank you' to her rescuer.

The stranger's eyes lifted to the blood red cloud on the horizon.

'We have to move. It's not safe here.'