2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    Neurath wrote: »
    NiKr wrote: »
    But you got no $$?
    Why the emoji?
    Who needs money?

Radys Hospital For Children.

It must be crazy living in a country where children's hospitals have to fundraise.

Sounds kind of third world to me.
  • SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Noaani wrote: »
    But you got no $$?
    Why the emoji?
    Who needs money?

It must be crazy living in a country where children's hospitals have to fundraise.

I don't want to get into private and public health care positions exactly...but that's what you get when you're a public hospital in a private care system.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • edited November 2023
    Like I said in the post, to me this is just yet another "small blinder". Those usually add up to seeming like way bigger problems. Systemic ones.
    This is my thoughts.

If Intrepid aren't competent enough to run a giveaway properly on a platform with the tools to do so, what else are they not competent enough to do?

I don't care about the giveaway, didn't even know it was happening.

I do care about Intrepid being incompetent.

What an immature comment.

m6jque7ofxxf.gif
  • George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    But you got no $$?
    Why the emoji?
    Who needs money?

Agreed.
    Plenty of money to attack ppl all over the planet, 0 to help the hospitilized kids
    Like I said in the post, to me this is just yet another "small blinder". Those usually add up to seeming like way bigger problems. Systemic ones.
    This is my thoughts.

If Intrepid aren't competent enough to run a giveaway properly on a platform with the tools to do so, what else are they not competent enough to do?

What is immature?

The idea that people should be paid for their effort?

Where I live, if you are not a registered charity (not an easy thing to obtain) you legally can't accept volunteer workers at all - everyone that performs any work for you needs to be either an employee or a paid contractor.

If this is the part of the comment you find "immature", please explain to me why Intrepid needs volunteers to represent them.
  • Noaani wrote: »
    This is my thoughts.

What is immature?

Where I live, if you are not a registered charity (not an easy thing to obtain) you legally can't accept volunteer workers at all - everyone that performs any work for you needs to be either an employee or a paid contractor.

If this is the part of the comment you find "immature", please explain to me why Intrepid needs volunteers to represent them.

Why are you still going on, love when people try to do a good thing and these types like Noaani out here try to ruin it by making a big deal with non issues.

371mucw4q5cw.png
  • Noaani wrote: »
    You guys have too much free time.

If by that you mean I sometimes have a few free minutes, sure.

Today though - today I have a few free minutes I can use to catch up on a few things, and make the occasional post.

8kjgi6zpfbc4.jpg

exoy1gms6yyy.gif
  • Tacquito wrote: »

Today though - today I have a few free minutes I can use to catch up on a few things, and make the occasional post.

8kjgi6zpfbc4.jpg

exoy1gms6yyy.gif

• Mag7spy wrote: »
    Tacquito wrote: »

8kjgi6zpfbc4.jpg

exoy1gms6yyy.gif

jkhiz5dijaop.png
    Tacquito wrote: »

Pointless pictures
    The bulk of my posts take 15 - 20 seconds - at an average of 10 a day, that means I'm averaging perhaps 3 minutes a day writing posts (obviously, some take longer than this).

I'd wager this post of yours above took you longer than I will spend writing posts for the next few days.
  • Gaul_Gaul_ Member
    edited November 2023
    Hopefully the CMs get a chance to read this thread alongside the mod team's internal report and can figure out the correct scope of issues that have been reported. Not a huge deal but it's worth noting so they can try and improve it for next year.

My thanks to the mods for volunteering their time for charity this weekend!
  • Gaul_ wrote: »
    Not a huge deal but it's worth noting so they can try and improve it for next year.
    The improvement I want to see is that they stop the give aways.
    Raven016 wrote: »
    Gaul_ wrote: »
    Not a huge deal but it's worth noting so they can try and improve it for next year.

why?
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Neurath wrote: »

why?

I see no benefit for the game at this moment. I assume they have enough testers, especially the first few months of alpha access. If testers will lose interest to test, they could try then to pull new ones with free keys.

why?

I see no benefit for the game at this moment. I assume they have enough testers, especially the first few months of alpha access. If testers will lose interest to test, they could try then to pull new ones with free keys.

In a few months there won't be keys anyway. Not sure if the devs will switch to game time rewards.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • The cosmetic + key bundles are ending for alpha 2. They might do something else in the future for keys.

if they have 100 000 alpha 2 testers and assuming they paid for the 500$ for it.. even half that number is still a huge profit for a game that doesn't exist yet.

multiply 100 000 x $500.... you tell me how much money they made lol
  • GrappLrGrappLr Member, Alpha One
    Yeah, while things could have been done better, this entire thread of people "losing faith" and being upset with Intrepid is childish to me.

They gave away free keys to incentivize people to watch and join in on a fundraiser. The keys are not the main priority here.

Secondly, whatever "mistakes" they made, actual viewers benefited from them more than bots did most likely (as the active viewers were more active in the chat by a large margin than bots. Most bots from what I saw literally posted 1 message).

Thirdly, any kind of bias in picking that happened, was a bias that was mostly distributed to non-aware participants in the chat. Just because you were not lucky to be within the biased group, does not mean that you were particularly harmed (not you as in OP, just people in general, OP actually was within the bias group).

They gave out tons of free stuff. Lots of legit people got a key.

Those who didn't better luck next time.

To create a thread and talk about "loss of trust" and overall complaining blows my mind.
  • InelukiIneluki Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Wow, some of y'all need to touch grass and get a couple good nights of sleep.
  • Saying that you shouldn't spam because it doesn't increase your odds of winning, then using a method that rewards those who spam it's kinda disrespectfull to the audience. But it was a good stream overall and i'm happy it was for good cause.
    Maybe divide the 24h stream in two next time tho, we all too old for this. =)
    dnn_ wrote: »
    Saying that you shouldn't spam because it doesn't increase your odds of winning, then using a method that rewards those who spam it's kinda disrespectfull to the audience. But it was a good stream overall and i'm happy it was for good cause.

There's a sea of salt.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Neurath wrote: »
    Saying that you shouldn't spam because it doesn't increase your odds of winning, then using a method that rewards those who spam it's kinda disrespectfull to the audience. But it was a good stream overall and i'm happy it was for good cause.

There's a sea of salt.

How old r u

There's a sea of salt.

How old r u

37. Why do you ask?
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • GrappLrGrappLr Member, Alpha One
    edited November 2023

It was a mistake, and extremely few people benefited from it from abusing it.

If you kept spamming, and won, well, good rng. If you stopped spamming and lost, bad rng. Giveaways are RNG. People need to stop being outcome dependent. It didn't lower/increase the average person's chances.
  • LinikerLiniker Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Ineluki wrote: »
    Wow, some of y'all need to touch grass and get a couple good nights of sleep.

lmao, this.
    img]
    Recrutamento aberto - Nosso Site: Clique aqui
  • SonicXplosionSonicXplosion Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    GrappLr wrote: »

It was a mistake, and extremely few people benefited from it from abusing it.

If you kept spamming, and won, well, good rng. If you stopped spamming and lost, bad rng. Giveaways are RNG. People need to stop being outcome dependent. It didn't lower/increase the average person's chances.

to be fair, i saw at least 1 person win using an alt. if intrepid arent gonna take into account bots during giveaways, everyone will just start using them
    wvumdu7jsxn2.png
    People won a2 keys who already had it and passed them on :)
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • edited November 2023
    This is my thoughts.

What is immature?

Delulu
    m6jque7ofxxf.gif
  • XuriXuri Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited November 2023
    The only reason why there are giveaways was to serve as a hook to draw people into the livestream which was to promote a charity. The rules stated all you have to do to be eligible for a pet/key is have chatted within the last 4 hours and follow the channel, but instead its been proven that the chatbot favored those that chatted within the last 10 seconds to a far greater degree; while not wrong(technically) it comes off as fairly disingenuous.

I hope they do better in future events.
  • I have now watched the entirety of Extra Life for 6 years, as well as donating each year. That's about 26 hrs each year (almost 28 this weekend) as well as the Pre event stream of mini games with Steven and devs. Unhealthy to stay awake that long but I enjoy it.

Obviously by far the most important aspect of the weekend is raising money for the kids. But each year, the key giveaway has been a bit of a mess, and this year was easily the messiest. I never expect to win a key (and I haven't) but it was pretty frustrating to watch the whole process devolve into random but sustained mayhem.

The OP has gone into detail and yes, there were some strange goings on. I'm not sure where all the 'ungiven' keys ended up, but there has to be a better way of doing this, if it is something that is going to be a part of the stream. I treat the whole giveaway component as a potential bonus and I appreciate all those who volunteer to help and Intrepid's generosity but I'm sure that tightening or simplifying the conditions around the giveaway can get it back on track.
    The girl watched the last of the creatures die and murmured a soft 'Thank you' to her rescuer.

The stranger's eyes lifted to the blood red cloud on the horizon.

'We have to move. It's not safe here.'