Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Who misses the monthly cosmetics?

pyrealpyreal Member, Warrior of Old
I always looked forward to checking out the new cosmetics and felt it was a good way to support the game.

Since its been removed I wish there was some other way to support the game while in dev. SC is still putting out new ships and its a major revenue stream for them.
Yes, I'm still buying space pixels.

Comments

  • Taleof2CitiesTaleof2Cities Member
    edited November 2023
    In case any new players wander into your thread here, pyreal, the current cosmetic pack (Unseen Order) is still up ... and won't be "removed" until January 17th.

    Maybe you're personally not into the Unseen Order, but it's context that's worth correcting in your opening post.

    That doesn't mean pre-order cosmetics are done forever. Intrepid has still openly spoken about "leaving the door open" for something else down the road.

    The best way to support the game doesn't cost players anything. Which is giving feedback on development updates, pinned Forums threads, Community Team "office hours" discussion, and other developer questions via social media.
  • Song_WardenSong_Warden Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Didn't really cross my mind seeing as a package is still available.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • HinotoriHinotori Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    There'll be more cosmetics to come in the future.
  • George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    I dont.
  • NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Not really. Although... if they put that keeper of the kelp up for sale I might just have to buy it. That was one of the cooler pets I think.
  • Nerror wrote: »
    Not really. Although... if they put that keeper of the kelp up for sale I might just have to buy it. That was one of the cooler pets I think.

    they could have put it up for sale and all proceeds went to the hospital... lol
  • edited November 2023
    I dont see them doing monthly's to be honest. Maybe they'll do something different to sell BETA packages. They hit their ALPHA 2 goals numerically and definitely financially.

    They could do seasonal packs or something for BETA access. I'm assuming BETA is going to be multi tiered as well. IE: BETA 1, BETA 2... all the way to open BETA. I just feel they're steering away from the exclusive FOMO PROMO.
  • The monthly cosmetics gave a feeling of updates, even if not game updates.
  • George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    Raven016 wrote: »
    The monthly cosmetics gave a feeling of updates, even if not game updates.

    Lol.......

  • I do, because i enjoy seeing the new art concepts being made ^_^
  • TaerrikTaerrik Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I do, mostly because I like having lots of options for my pixels in rpg games. And just a little bit because I wasnt aware of this game before A1 gave it so much media attention. I wouldve hopped on board during kickstarter had I known. I usually would snag the pets every month at least.
  • We haven't seen many of them make their way in-game recently, so presumably those staff members were required elsewhere. And why create a backlog of work for when they come back, when you can just pause the cosmetics.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • I would rather see archetypes, classes, combat, core systems be implemented in the updates. We will still see plenty of cosmetics over time especially since they're not even caught up.
  • Song_WardenSong_Warden Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Would rather the 3d artists go back through the UE4 assets and upgrade the textures/Pixels to UE5.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Mag7spy wrote: »
    I do, because i enjoy seeing the new art concepts being made ^_^

    There’s an Art section in every monthly Development update, Mag7spy.

    You can watch replays on YouTube.
  • Song_WardenSong_Warden Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Mag7spy wrote: »
    I do, because i enjoy seeing the new art concepts being made ^_^

    There’s an Art section in every monthly Development update, Mag7spy.

    You can watch replays on YouTube.

    Yeah, I've been left on the hook since Extra Life and I'm consuming all the old videos I can lol.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • darthadendarthaden Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I couldn't care less about cosmetics. I bought in during the Kickstarter for Alpha access and that sweet lifetime sub. I'll throw on the cosmetics that came with the pack just to check them out but I'd rather use a set I earn in game.
  • Mag7spy wrote: »
    I do, because i enjoy seeing the new art concepts being made ^_^

    There’s an Art section in every monthly Development update, Mag7spy.

    You can watch replays on YouTube.

    I don't have a limit on the amount of art I want to see lol.
  • VaknarVaknar Moderator, Member, Staff
    It's great to see that folks liked the art and lore featured in the monthly pre-order package cosmetics!

    We'll have more purchasable cosmetics in the future ;)
    community_management.gif
  • pyreal wrote: »
    I always looked forward to checking out the new cosmetics and felt it was a good way to support the game.

    Since its been removed I wish there was some other way to support the game while in dev. SC is still putting out new ships and its a major revenue stream for them.
    Yes, I'm still buying space pixels.

    Thank You very much for financially supporting Games in Development on a regular Basis. Very appreciated from someone else also looking forward for certain Games who take a looonnng time to come out.


    I personally don't know, why Sir Steven and his Crew decided to cut off this way to support the Game beforehand. Maybe they didn't wanted to awaken the Impression that Ashes of Creation is like a huge Shop-Project and shady for offering much, MUCH Options for Money-Investment, before the Game is even out.


    I guess we can only accept that currently there is no way anymore to support Ashes of Creation with Sets buyable every Month.


    The only way left is what i imagine something like Crowdfunding or trying to directly support them with Money. But i never saw any Option to do that.
    0blpmydr0qkc.png
  • pyrealpyreal Member, Warrior of Old
    edited November 2023
    In case any new players wander into your thread here, pyreal, the current cosmetic pack (Unseen Order) is still up ... and won't be "removed" until January 17th.

    Maybe you're personally not into the Unseen Order, but it's context that's worth correcting in your opening post.

    That doesn't mean pre-order cosmetics are done forever. Intrepid has still openly spoken about "leaving the door open" for something else down the road.

    The best way to support the game doesn't cost players anything. Which is giving feedback on development updates, pinned Forums threads, Community Team "office hours" discussion, and other developer questions via social media.

    A context worth correcting? You're kidding, right?

    If someone can't figure out that something is "missed" only when it is "gone", I can't help them.

    As of now, new monthly cosmetics ended last month when the current one would have swapped over to something new.

    Context, how about facts? Contrary to what you claim, the FAQ seems to be clear that pre-order cosmetics have been permanently ended.

    https://ashesofcreation.com/news/2023-09-12-the-unseen-order
    "3. Does this include the Beta One and Beta Two Pre-Order Packages as well?

    Yes. While we anticipate we will reopen the ability to purchase Beta packages in the future, these options will not adopt the same format of regularly recurring monthly exclusive cosmetics as our existing Pre-Order Packages currently offer."


    I don't care if there are cosmetics after release. My post is regarding cosmetics as being the only avenue, as far as I know, of providing ongoing financial support of the project.

  • LineagerLineager Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    What can I say after reading this topic? - FOMO works :D
  • Lineager wrote: »
    What can I say after reading this topic? - FOMO works :D

    Not really there isnt a single thing I missed out on, all those assets will be in game in the world as npc.
Sign In or Register to comment.