Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Is Ashes of Creation Handheld / Controller friendly?

Since the boom of handhelds' PCs I wonder if Ashes of Creation is handheld friendly, meaning, UI is well structured to small screen, text is readable on it too; but before it all, is it possible to play with a controller ? Thanks ! Looking forward to its launch.

Comments

• Options
    AzheraeAzherae Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited December 2023
    UI is a work in progress, but will be customizable.

Configuring to play with Controller is easy (but not supported, I'm talking about the number of buttons required), and the skills shown could be easily mapped in the 'standard way'.

The game will allow for Tab Targeting to be viable enough that camera work with the Right Analog Stick will be okay, and the current frame data for attacks and 'skillshots' is also fine.

There were some quicker moves and evades shown, but many of those are so fast that they are probably meant to simulate iFrames and you wouldn't be expected to be able to keep up perfectly with either Kb/Mouse OR Analog stick.

Overall, from my Alpha-1 experience, the answer will be yes.
    Sorry, my native language is Erlang.

• Options
    This is my biggest concern about the game. I know they well nail everything else by launch. I just hope that Controller players will be considered, remapping hot keys is fine I just hope the UI/Options screens will make it fairly easy to do.
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    I don't see why controller support wouldn't be viable especially with how combat is designed. There's enough key bind combinations to make it work based on what I have seen. It's just not something they're focusing on currently during development.

Many MMORPG's have controller support today.

Most controllers depending on input options (d-pad, XY/AB, bumpers, triggers and paddles, joystick press) have like 18 button inputs before input combinations.
  • Options
    SimpleBiscuitSimpleBiscuit Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    I'm fairly certain the game will come out on the Swtich. At least I'm hopeful
  • Options
    lunarskylunarsky Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I hope so. I honestly prefer controller to KB and mouse.
    signature.png