Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Suggestion Topic for possible Achievements

Achievements.

We doesn't love them ? (lol) Who doesn't know them ? Some MMO's have them - and some MMO's have endless Grinds like Blade and Soul where People can grind for Weeks without getting the Drop they desire. ( :D )

In World of Shop- and WoW-Token Craft,
Achievements can even come with Titles. In Fact, quite some of them come with Titles, every Expansion.

Even single Player Games can have them.

Now,
wouldn't it be funny, if Ashes of Creation would have them as well ? Probably coming with some silly, funny, or more practical or Roleplay-like Items and/or Cosmetics ?

Like, there was an Achievement in " Risen 1 " ... ... ... called [ Idiot ]

Fall to your Death Three Times, especially in a very unnecessary Manner where your Characters Death would have been completely avoidable - and you got the [Idiot]-Achievement. ( I am not kidding )

Wouldn't it be funny,
if it would exist in Ashes of Creation as well ? Like when You fall to your Death Ten Times ? Without being in Combat ? Meaning it was most likely a Situation where You were not in Stress at all,

not being chased around by Mobs or otherwise brought to make a Mistake - and You still fall to your Death like a complete Dunce.

Now -> if we manage to "acquire" our Achievement of Dumpishness -> could we get an Item, that is for example - a Hat ?

A Hat that either looks silly, or so plain and unimpressive, that only the lowest of the lowest Peasants usually wear it, when they are NPC's. Or could be a Jester's Hat. ;) Just something that makes it clear -> it looks silly.

Like when Kids in School were shamed in earlier Times, by sitting on a Chair in a Corner, with a spiky Hat on their Head, where "Dunce" or "Dumb" or so was written on it.

Just an Idea. We could let our Characters look a little bit more silly with it.

Of Course, such Achievements could reach from doing the worst, most evil and heinous Acts in Succession, or the most heroic and selfless Acts.

Like : Save around 200 (NPC ?)-Caravans from Bandits or other Threats - > and gain the Achievement of "Caravan-Savior" or the like. Probably as a Title as well ? Or not.

Was this even ever addressed anywhere before ? I admit i haven't used the Search Function yet, but then again i really wanted to make this Topic. 😁

" What are YOUR Idea's for possible Achievements ?? What would You name them ? And should they come with something, that accompanies your Character throughout it's Journeys through Verra ? " . ;)
a50whcz343yn.png

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2023
    They'll probably give achievements for just about everything as it gives the players dopamine and self esteem.

They've essentially gone down the route for everything else commonly seen across mmorpg's. That said, achievements should be account wide unless primary archetype specific to unlock,

I imagine we'll see progressive achievements for some things with tiers such as harvest 1/10/100/1000/10000 resources.

If they reward too much with exclusive rarity items such as mounts/pets/cosmetics then people will just try to fill those roles for achievements and divert game play integrity with achievement whores and glory hounds.

They could even tie in mayoral achievements with citizen achievements of the node. That way players would want to pick a good mayor instead of an achievement whore.
  • Options
    DripyulaDripyula Member
    edited December 2023
    They could even tie in mayoral achievements with citizen achievements of the node. That way players would want to pick a good mayor instead of an achievement whore.

I've never heard the term achievement whore. Only slutmog, for a slutty transmog. ;)
    The more you know. ^^
    An achievement would be nice to help elect a mayor, like when the player you voted for wins, or if you become a mayor yourself, so that the players have a reason to always try and also vote for someone who might have never been a mayor before.
    Given of course this person is trustworthy.
    I have a feeling most if not all of the drama we will see in Ashes is purely the fault of foolish players who act in ignorance or too much egoism.

But to also suggest a few achievements.

[ ~ First steps ~ ] Walk 10 kilometre/6,21371 miles on foot
    [ ~ Traveller of Verra ~ ] Walk 100 kilometre/62,1371 miles on foot
    [ ~ Explorer of Verra ~ ] Walk 1000 kilometre/621,37119 miles on foot

[ ~ You gain knowledge, keep at it! ~ ] Become a Novice in a profession.
    [ ~ If only your parents could see you now! ~ ] Become a Journeyman in a profession.
    [ ~ Your techniques are without equal! ~ ] Become a Grandmaster in a profession.

[ ~ Fall from grace! ~ ] Earn corruption.
    [ ~ Redeemed at last! ~ ] Lose all the corruption you gained.
    [ ~ We all return to ash! ~ ] Lose an entire node, after helping to level it up to the highest possible level.
    6h4yddoh6t31.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    @Dripyula now you have heard of achievement whores lol :smile: Never got into the self esteem point farming personally.
  • Options
    AszkalonAszkalon Member
    edited December 2023
    > > > Enigmatic Sage has earned the Achievement [ ~ Lazy ~ ] < < <

He successfully fulfilled the Condition of not posting/suggesting a single Achievement to this Topic. 😁

I'll continue with something here for Fun. Just because i can. :p

Suggestion :
    [ ~ Achievement Whore ~ ] Earn every single Achievement in the Game.

😁
    a50whcz343yn.png
  • Options
    AzheraeAzherae Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I'll accept 'Tatzel-Tail'.
    Sorry, my native language is Erlang.

• Options
    NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    They'll probably give achievements for just about everything as it gives the players dopamine and self esteem.

They've essentially gone down the route for everything else commonly seen across mmorpg's. That said, achievements should be account wide unless primary archetype specific to unlock,

I imagine we'll see progressive achievements for some things with tiers such as harvest 1/10/100/1000/10000 resources.

If they reward too much with exclusive rarity items such as mounts/pets/cosmetics then people will just try to fill those roles for achievements and divert game play integrity with achievement whores and glory hounds.

I am a proud achievement whore. I rarely find any achievement too boring or too pointless. I have to do them. Call it a character flaw, I don't care. They provide me with direction in MMOs if I log in and there isn't anything obvious I want or need to do. Achievement whores unite! o:)

I do like your point about the achievements for being a citizen rather than a mayor. I would love if mayors don't get an achievement just for that, but along with the citizens get them for how awesome the node is.
  • Options
    Nerror wrote: »
    I am a proud achievement whore.
    qsspglswv5nj.jpg

Same. Mainly only in steam though, but I definitely will go for as many achievements in Ashes as possible on one account. Even if there's some shit like "farm a single mob 100k times".

As for rewards for it, I'd prefer only titles, but would be fine if there's cosmetics that go with those titles. But I definitely don't want only cosmetic rewards, because if I want to show off that I've done smth - I don't want to wear some random cosmetic to do that.
  • Options
    NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    NiKr wrote: »
    As for rewards for it, I'd prefer only titles, but would be fine if there's cosmetics that go with those titles. But I definitely don't want only cosmetic rewards, because if I want to show off that I've done smth - I don't want to wear some random cosmetic to do that.

Oh yeah I don't need any rewards other than having the achievement. I don't even need an achievement point system like in WoW. I just want that bar or medal or however they show it in the achievement screen. Cool titles are always welcome though.
  • Options
    Titles clutter screen for other players so I am strongly against it or at least give me that toggle button. Useless titles clutter it even more. Profession titles make sense. Guild ranks do sometimes but other than that it is not what iI want. I'd prefer to have class or archeotype in that line as class is not a visual thing and the same armor looks different on different races.
  • Options
    Titles clutter screen for other players so I am strongly against it or at least give me that toggle button. Useless titles clutter it even more. Profession titles make sense. Guild ranks do sometimes but other than that it is not what iI want. I'd prefer to have class or archeotype in that line as class is not a visual thing and the same armor looks different on different races.
    I'd prefer if achievement related titles were only visible in the player's nameplate. As for the visibility of the name itself - toggles galore, from simply only the guild icon showing up to a full Name+Player-written Title+Whichever else can be added.
  • Options
    tautautautau Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Remember that each character is going to have a webpage, which might be the perfect place for an achievement list. It is available to anyone who wants to look it up, and everyone else isn't bothered by it.
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    Aszkalon wrote: »
    > > > Enigmatic Sage has earned the Achievement [ ~ Lazy ~ ] < < <

He successfully fulfilled the Condition of not posting/suggesting a single Achievement to this Topic. 😁

I'll continue with something here for Fun. Just because i can. :p

Suggestion :
    [ ~ Achievement Whore ~ ] Earn every single Achievement in the Game.

😁

lol cheeky but funny :smile:

Nerror wrote: »

I am a proud achievement whore. I rarely find any achievement too boring or too pointless. I have to do them. Call it a character flaw, I don't care. They provide me with direction in MMOs if I log in and there isn't anything obvious I want or need to do. Achievement whores unite! o:)

I do like your point about the achievements for being a citizen rather than a mayor. I would love if mayors don't get an achievement just for that, but along with the citizens get them for how awesome the node is.

I think that would be best for the game in my opinion. :smile:

It just gets bad sometimes because people will do anything to get an achievement done for their collection. It gets quite whorish lol
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    tautau wrote: »
    Remember that each character is going to have a webpage, which might be the perfect place for an achievement list. It is available to anyone who wants to look it up, and everyone else isn't bothered by it.

I'm setting mine to private. It's stupid to judge people by achievements considering how many people pay for carries in video games.
  • Options
    DripyulaDripyula Member
    edited December 2023

I'm setting mine to private. It's stupid to judge people by achievements considering how many people pay for carries in video games.

And then people will silently judge you for it and make fun of this in itself. :smirk:
    You can never outargue the smug people who need to shove it into everyones face how awesome they are.
    But one truth will always rule supreme
    " Even an a°°hole with skill is still nothing more but an a°°hole. "
    And people always remember :star: helpful and heroic players :star:
    , never the inevitably appearing selfproclaimed Kings.
    6h4yddoh6t31.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    Dripyula wrote: »

And then people will silently judge you for it and make fun of this in itself. :smirk:
    You can never outargue the smug people who need to shove it into everyones face how awesome they are.
    But one truth will always rule supreme
    " Even an a°°hole with skill is still nothing more but an a°°hole. "
    And people always remember :star: helpful and heroic players :star:
    , never the inevitably appearing selfproclaimed Kings.

damn right and I'll tell them to go fuck themselves :smile:

I dont waste my time gaming with such narrow minded incel trash.

God damn Plebians
  • Options
    AszkalonAszkalon Member
    edited December 2023
    damn right and I'll tell them to go fuck themselves :smile:

I dont waste my time gaming with such narrow minded incel trash.

God damn Plebians

Enigmatic Sage earned the Achievement [ Snappy Language ].

The inability to speak politely earned him the Achievement of almost "executing" his Foes with Words alone😁😆
    a50whcz343yn.png
  • Options
    You thought You can escape ?

-> The whole Forum gained the Achievement [ Tardiness ]

Repeated Laziness over the Days allowed You to ascend.
    You're not just lazy anymore. You Super-Saiya-TARDY !! You ascended "beyond" a normally lazy Person.
    a50whcz343yn.png