Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Next Livestream + Q&A Submission - Tuesday, December 19, 2023 at 11am Pacific

Comments

• Options
    Is it possible for a player that has an artifact to lose it on death if he is corrupted?
  • Options
    YullishYullish Member
    edited December 2023
    Would love to get an update to group mounts, very curious if the systems you can put on the mounts, ships, and caravans are going to be the same.
  • Options
    SweatycupSweatycup Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited December 2023
    You partially answered this last time but did not answer this concern:
    If a player collects a 1 per server item but stops paying the subscription will they get to keep that item till they return and start a new subscription? How will you stop people from permanently hoarding one per server items? Is this thought benign?
  • Options
    Is there going to be a class training tutorial or class training arena to learn the class mechanics and rotations?

For example: Tanks and Healers are classes that a lot of people would want to play, but they don't because of the learning curve and team pressure.

• Options
    VoeltzVoeltz Member
    edited December 2023
    What will motivate players to specialize in processing vs gathering or crafting professions which will be much more involved with their gameplay layers?
  • Options
    Will all augment combinations be seen and playable prior to Beta testing?
  • Options
    Are there any plans for what type of parlor games there are going to be yet? Whether that is newly invented games, pre-existing games or reviving games from the ancient past?
  • Options
    Are you planning on making the PVP Corruption mechanic account wide?

So that trolls can't just create 10 different characters and cycle through them in order to avoid the corruption?
  • Options
    Is your goal for ideal group composition to be one player of each class, for all types of group play mode (dungeons, raiding, pvp)? For example in a 40 person raid or pvp battle do you expect there to be a need for 5 players of each class?
  • Options
    FantmxFantmx Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Will the ranger class be able to provide some healing through the secondary cleric archetype similar to how EverQuest rangers played?
  • Options
    BleuTengu wrote: »
    I know Steven wants to keep a lot of lore under wraps but I figure it can't hurt to ask, why did Steven refer to the destroyed moon as the Harbinger Moon in the previous stream?

Did a Harbinger crash into the moon on it's way to Verra? Are Harbingers pieces of that moon falling to the surface?

This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/The_fall
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    RazThemun wrote: »
    Will all augment combinations be seen and playable prior to Beta testing?

"The game is intended to be feature-complete before Beta-1.[2]"
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Betas
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    Is max life/defense a given stat on gear or is it something players will have to opt into to survive harder encounters.
  • Options
    MemattMematt Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    How long do you anticipate players to maintain and interact with content from a single Metropolis Node before demolishing it so a different node can be leveled to Metropolis Level, unlocking new mysteries, content, etc from the new node?
  • Options
    SoggyBandaidSoggyBandaid Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Some of the recent update videos about freehold ownership, mayoral powers, nodes, and caravans seem like they all tend to benefit large guilds who can consolidate resources to a few individual quickly. Will there be any sort of systems in place to allow smaller guilds to compete on even footing outside of the guild specialization perks already discussed?
  • Options
    Hello Glorious Intrepid Team! In regards to the removal of the minimum distance requirement for the Ranger's ranged attack, can you explain the thought behind this change? Don't get me wrong, I completely support the change, I am just curious to hear a developer's perspective on such an important aspect of ranger gameplay. Thank you, and Merry Christmas!

Kash from LoreForged
    6i6j1rfdw7pg.png

Kash | Content Creator/Podcaster | Twitter X @KashQuests | Twitch.tv/LoreForgedHQ | LoreForged.com
  • Options
    angelicshiyaangelicshiya Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    When leveling up will we get assigned stat points to put on strength, dex, int like New World, or will the stats just go from say 54 strength to 57 strength on its own like the World of warcraft? If the latter like wow, can we somewhat influence the stats we want to go up in a certain direction based on different things we do/wear/build that encompass our character?
  • Options
    SonicXplosionSonicXplosion Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Its been said before that "When stolen by attackers, the supplies become stolen/corrupted glint and/or stolen resources...", can Steven clarify what supplies would become stolen/corrupted glint? I imagine it's when crates carrying commodities are broken, but would like clarification.
  • Options
    AshRenAshRen Member
    edited December 2023
    How many races are going to be playable at the LAUNCH of Alpha 2?
  • Options
    With the recent announcement from Hello Games and their trailer of “Light no Fire,” does the Ashes crew feel a new sense of urgency to put out a functional beta? The hype train for Ashes has been rolling for a long time and I’ve watched as people fall away as attention spans narrow.
  • Options
    PlasticLemonsPlasticLemons Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Will gatherables that dynamically change spawn locations be moved during any time of the day or will their locations be updated at a routine time, ie a daily reset?
  • Options
    SorcresSorcres Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Do you also plan to create a special quest line for each race separately? I mean, to have the possibility for each race to have some "race quests only" as well?
  • Options
    MetalDadMetalDad Member
    edited December 2023
    More information about secondary archetypes and augments, please. Ranger is being showcased, so what does some of the mage augments specifically do for the ranger? If you choose to go Hawkeye(Ranger/Ranger) what are the advantages for that? Headshot does 325% vs 175% damage for example? or do the skills change slightly? Camouflage works at mid and cant be detected with magic...
  • Options
    Vaknar wrote: »
    QA-Dec_1920-v3.gif?h=250

Glorious Ashes of Creation Community!

Our next livestream featuring an Alpha Two Ranger Archetype Preview will be Tuesday, December 19, 2023 at 11am Pacific! (Click here to convert this to your local time.)

Similar to our past streams, we'd love to gather some questions from you to answer live! Please submit your question for our development team in the thread below, and we'll select 10 of them at random to answer during the end of our livestream. In order to accommodate a variety of questions from our community, please only post ONE question below - the more direct, and succinct the better (think one to two sentences)! Submissions end Friday, December 15, 2023 at 11am Pacific, so we can select your questions before the broadcast.

We'll see you soon for our development update livestream! twitch.tv/ashesofcreation

will bard buffs be as important as buffs were in lineage 2?
  • Options
    Will the monster coin system/siege system be available during Alpha 2? I was super intrigued by the concept and was wondering if it has gotten some love, and if not, take as much time as necessary. I know this game will be the best thing this decade!
  • Options
    What is John making for Christmas dinner?

C'mon, we know he started prepping weeks ago.
    The girl watched the last of the creatures die and murmured a soft 'Thank you' to her rescuer.

The stranger's eyes lifted to the blood red cloud on the horizon.

'We have to move. It's not safe here.'
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    In the Artisan Preview in the November livestream, another skill/passive tree was shown off in that of the woodcutting skill tree. This question might be answered elsewhere but,

I was wondering what your plans are for the wider re-spec'ing landscape of Ashes. Will it be easy, impossible, or will there be a cost involved. Will the cost be trivial or something to work for?

Personally I love the way that Path of Exile does it, where you re-spec one point at a time, and each point has a cost associated to it; meaning slight adjustments are cheaper and huge changes are more expensive. I like the idea of being specialized and more or less locked into a specific avenue, but I also understand if people don't want to have 8 different characters to try all 15 Artisan Specializations at Grandmaster level for example.
  • Options
    What incentive players have to enter the deep ocean beside trading with the other continent?
  • Options
    If we are able to tame certain monsters in the wild for animal husbandry, will we be able to release monster/animals back into the wild?
    If so, what would the repercussions be?
    MY Own NIckle Co-operates with an EYE. -Mīonikoī.
  • Options
    Have you come up with some new original combat mechanics that you would like to try in the game?