Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Monster Factory-Animal Husbandry

I had an idea. What if, players found and tamed monsters. Bred them. And released the rejects into the wild. Imagine now, strange amalgamations of different animals, and maybe undead constructs. And players unleash these into the wild. Maybe if you are a citizen of that node, you are generally safe.

But imagine a visitor or an invader. Horrifying unstable constructs with rotten flesh barely hanging on. And these things are everywhere. Amalgamated, alien, and probably hyper aggressive. Out competing everything. The probably go in tandem with the 'Corruption. ' Maybe this whole process could be available to a node that embraces the Corruption.

I thought I'd throw that idea out there. Because, why not?
MY Own NIckle Co-operates with an EYE. -Mīonikoī.

Comments

• Options
    This would need to be developed more, there would need to be an additional system to assign a class to the mob (to determine its combat abilities), hitpoints and atleast some coin, if not other loot as a drop, for the trouble of killing it. It would be kinda weird to run into a group of mobs not usually in the area so it would keep people on the look out for strays.
  • Options
    MionikoiMionikoi Member
    edited December 2023
    Caww wrote: »
    This would need to be developed more, there would need to be an additional system to assign a class to the mob (to determine its combat abilities), hitpoints and atleast some coin, if not other loot as a drop, for the trouble of killing it. It would be kinda weird to run into a group of mobs not usually in the area so it would keep people on the look out for strays.
    I have no idea how complicated programming is, but I think it would work similar in reverse to taming. Livestock already has a loot pool. So do mobs. So lets think of enemy monsters and friendly or tamed animals as one and the same.

Thus, instead let us imagine the node as having a table for floria and fauna. Now, imagine a 'breeding' pair of tamed monsters being released.

In comparison to IRL this would be like releasing pigs into the wild.

In game mechanics, that released monster would be added to the fauna pool. The next check that needs to happen is if its stats will be greater or lesser than the stats of creatures already there.

In short, can it fend for itself, adapt to the environment and proliferate? If yes, the player has introduced an invasive species.

Now, the player could assist in the proliferation by over-hunting that monster's competition as well as predators. If it can survive all the seasons, that creature can thus establish itself as fauna for that node and maybe even spill into other nodes.

I would like to think this system is kind of already there, but might need adjustments to make all this function.

Now, flora could also have the possibility of everything stated above. My suggestion though is more geared towards whatever creates nightmare fuel....

Because that's what makes me happy. xD

Edit1: Some folks in a discord server I am in brought up the idea of creating a coliseum where these creatures can be released, or that a bunch of players could wait outside of a freehold just to slay a wave of released monsters. So I thought it was a great idea worth posting here.
    MY Own NIckle Co-operates with an EYE. -Mīonikoī.