Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

You were lied to! The truth about the Gods, Ancients and Others

viscerosvisceros Member
edited December 2023 in General Discussion
Hear me fellow Adventurers, for what I say may turn your world upside down!

For many days had I studied archives and chronicles thoroughly, and what I found was...unconvincing...and even disturbing.
For I have seen so many cases of what's called:
"History is written by the winners".

The chronicles tells us of Ten Gods who created race alike them - The Ancients.
We are also told that there were three of the Gods who
embraced the idea of introducing the Ancients as part of essentially their plane of existence and teaching them the ways of the Essence, in all of its facets: not just what can be used for good, but also what could be used for evil as well.
And for that simple act of sharing the knowledge The Seven of Ten Gods united and attacked The Others, banishing them and the whole race of Ancients to The Void - a plane where there was only a miniscule amount of the Essence.

For Gods who are beings of The Essence this is worse than death - it is equal to being thrown out in an unending desert with only small puddles of dirty water here and there. Infinite suffering, on the verge of survival.

After reading these lines of chronicles my heart and mind were already unsettled, because how cruel should you be, to commit such atrocity to your kin for just sharing the knowledge?
Having done that, The Seven, dared to call themselves a "pantheon of good".

But isn't being good, assumes being just? kind? forgiving?

Can you say that fighting 7 vs 3 is a just fight? Can you say that causing infinite suffering instead of at least trying to talk and come up with a solution - a just thing? Something that a good being would do?

The history breeds more and more questions.

What's even wrong with The Others teaching the Ancients of what is good and what is evil, a good parent teaches their children of that, and it is normal. Any way it will be better for the Others to talk about what's good and what's bad to their creations, then them discovering it by themselves and inadvertently causing damage to each other.
Plus have the Ancients done anything bad with that knowledge? caused any damage?
No, otherwise it would be mentioned in the scrolls to justify the deeds of Seven.

Did The Seven gave a chance to the Ancients to see how would they use this knowledge?
No, otherwise it would be mentioned in the scrolls to justify the deeds of Seven.

And in the end the Ancients could just come up with bad ways of using the Essence themselves - King Atrax, the famous Verran ruler - is a perfect example of that.
Not only is it naive to try and hide the duality of real nature of the Essence, but it's also dangerous.

We can already see how the winners - Seven Gods tried to twist the history and actions of past as they say that when King Atrax contacted the Ancients, they were "deceptive" about how would the Essence affect him, except granting immortality.
"Deceptive"?! How were the Ancients supposed to know that? They have always had the characteristics of all ten gods thus gain immortality in a more pure form, essentially akin to the godhood, and they had no idea that King Atrax was created flawed, since the Seven couldn't and wished not to give their creations all the qualities and and decided to split their qualities into four races instead.

Turns out that the "good" gods actually what?
- casted their kin into the Void causing them eternal suffering
- banished their creations that were created in their likeness and possessed all their qualities, basically, their children into the Void causing them eternal suffering
- didn't try to talk with The Others
- didn't give a chance to The Ancients
- tried to slander them
- created four flawed races that just couldn't live in peace, as said in the scrolls: There was not always only four great nations. Long ago the races were more divided into many nations and city states. and In the 7,000 years of recorded history, wars upon wars were fought.
- misleadingly called the negative side of the Essence - "Corruption" as if it's something separate. But no, these are just two sides of one medal!

There is no good in all those actions, they are rather manifestations of fear, anger, pride, selfishness...like Seven Sins.

Fellow adventurers do not believe to brainwashed priests! There is no light without the dark. No Essence without the Corruption!

Spread the word - let's not fall to the lies of The Seven! Let's restore the Justice and bring back The Others!

P.S. Also would like to see the gameplay that allows us to actually spread corruption across the lands.
Every coin has two sides.

Comments

• Options
    KilionKilion Member
    edited December 2023
    While the initial events of the split between the Ten Gods indeed raise a lot of questions, the current state at which the player characters return from Sanctus is not one where one can seriously argue that the Others or Ancients are coming in peace. They might have been faulted, but that has nothing to do with the 4 divine races that came after them, yet they are being manipulated and killed by the Others and Ancients. There is nothing "better" about that, especially since the Others should know first hand what it means to be assaulted by overwhelming force.

But concerning the conflict about the Ancients: If they would have been granted godhood through full knowledge of the Essence, that would mean that hundreds or thousand of Gods would roam the planes. Imagine a conflict breaking out on THAT scale, after the conflict of only Ten Gods is said to have created the stars out of the aftermath of their clashing. There was no telling what the consequences would have been if the Ancients were to ascend to godhood and no way to reverse the mistake if it resulted in a giant war.

So to the player characters, yes, the Others and the Ancients are pure evil for both of them are willing to stomp the for divine races and Tulnar (the players) in pursuit of taking revenge on the Seven.
    The answer is probably >>> HERE <<<
  • Options
    Was too long for me, so I'll just agree with what Kilion said, as they generally have their head screwed on properly.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options

After reading these lines of chronicles my heart and mind were already unsettled, because how cruel should you be, to commit such atrocity to your kin for just sharing the knowledge?

sounds familiar hehehe
  • Options
    unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    etilc3lht6ea.gif
    south-park-rabble-rabble-rabbl-53b58d315aa49.jpg
  • Options
    DimitraeosDimitraeos Member
    edited December 2023
    The <Holy Order of Verra> will be watching you closely B)
    l2v7jq604qh1.png
  • Options
    HinotoriHinotori Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
  • Options
    So...just like Earth then.
    The girl watched the last of the creatures die and murmured a soft 'Thank you' to her rescuer.

The stranger's eyes lifted to the blood red cloud on the horizon.

'We have to move. It's not safe here.'
  • Options
    I blame Xenu.

• Options
    SolvrynSolvryn Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    This thread is the New Golden Fleece
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    Classic pantheon of gods, plains of existence, the magical essence source connecting them and the void baseline story :smile:
  • Options
    viscerosvisceros Member
    edited December 2023
    Classic pantheon of gods, plains of existence, the magical essence source connecting them and the void baseline story :smile:

yeah, just these one have the audacity to hypocritically call themselves Pantheon of "good" gods. Outrageous.

Adventurers, let's try to contact The Others, no...The Teachers! And maybe find a way to heal them, so the real good gods can return.
  • Options

yeah, just these one have the audacity to hypocritically call themselves Pantheon of "good" gods. Outrageous.

Adventurers, let's try to contact The Others, no...The Teachers! And maybe find a way to heal them, so the real good gods can return.

Perspectives :smile:

Though I suppose it is a common story telling method for the gods to deceive and manipulate us to do their bidding regardless. We think we're on the "correct" side of the conflict.. but are we? :wink:
  • Options
    JC31JC31 Member
    edited December 2023
    If you think that evil doesn't exist, you are not paying attention.

The "others" are the evil "gods". If you see what they look like in the wiki you will understand.

Do not embrace corruption, fair warning.

You can have faith without intelligence, but you can't have intelligence, without faith.

Faith is an exponentially, almost infinitely more radical concept.

• Options
    DiuraDiura Member, Founder, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    @visceros
    Have you been hearing whispers? ๐Ÿ‘€

I enjoyed the read xD
    8st3lhnx21to.png
  • Options
    JC31 wrote: ยป

The "others" are the evil "gods". If you see what they look like in the wiki you will understand.

Since when does one judge if someone is good or evil simply by appearance?

If someone would catch the greatest, kindest person in the world, torture him, wound his flesh - and then show the result to you, looks like you would also accuse him of being evil.
    Do not embrace corruption, fair warning.

Cause it can change you? Is that bad?
    You can have faith without intelligence, but you can't have intelligence, without faith.
    Based on?
  • Options
    JC31 wrote: ยป

Since when does one judge if someone is good or evil simply by appearance?

since the dawn of mankind. whether we are accurate or not, thats a different matter
  • Options
    AszkalonAszkalon Member
    edited December 2023

Actually, this Opening Comment is not only a bit funny - but also interesting " AND fit " to serve as actual ingame Cults, Sects and Lore as well. ;)

" Fxxx, " (pardon my Language)

You ACTUALLY inspired me enough it tickled my Laugh-Nerves inside my brain - sending me flying into a bit of creative, artistic Nonsense and Silliness. ๐Ÿ˜

Enjoy ... ... ๐Ÿ˜Ž ๐Ÿ‘

y7e373b1vw6m.jpg

edit : Oh, Yes. The Original ... ...

The original Comic is from " SlayerSyrena " from Deviantart,
    named " Skyrim The Priest of Talos ". ๐Ÿ˜

: https://www.deviantart.com/slayersyrena/art/Skyrim-The-Priest-of-Talos-308136580
    a50whcz343yn.png
  • Options

Actually, this Opening Comment is not only a bit funny - but also interesting " AND fit " to serve as actual ingame Cults, Sects and Lore as well. ;)

You ACTUALLY inspired me enough it tickled my Laugh-Nerves inside my brain - sending me flying into a bit of creative, artistic Nonsense and Silliness. ๐Ÿ˜

Enjoy ... ... ๐Ÿ˜Ž ๐Ÿ‘

y7e373b1vw6m.jpg

damn did u draw that? thats quite good o.o

i wish i could draw ;-;
  • Options
    AszkalonAszkalon Member
    edited December 2023

Enjoy ... ... ๐Ÿ˜Ž ๐Ÿ‘

y7e373b1vw6m.jpg

damn did u draw that? thats quite good o.o

i wish i could draw ;-;

I linked the original Work below the Comic. ๐Ÿซก ... ... ๐Ÿ™‚

What i did was abridging an already existing Comic of an Artist on Deviantart. Took me an Hour and a half - and about Two Hours because of a few Reallife Distractions. ๐Ÿ˜

Jepp. Also here wishing i could draw like that. ๐Ÿ˜
    a50whcz343yn.png
  • Options
    oh ok i missed the link
  • Options
    oh ok i missed the link

Enjoy. ๐Ÿ˜ He made quite the few, cool Comic-Works in his Gallery. ;)
    a50whcz343yn.png
  • Options

That was so good! Thank you, I laughed :)

But, yeah, seriously, the contraversy of the lore is the next level =)
  • Options
    @visceros maybe the gods are fleetwood mac fans

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIYthyp2lto

"tell me lies! tell me sweet little lies!"
  • Options
    No kidding here,

actually i could imagine that in the Story of the World of Ashes -> maybe One or several of the Gods who are still "good", could come into Danger of getting corrupted by a Plot of the Ancients and "The Others".

What happened to their banished Brethren, could also happen to the Gods who are still "pure", right ?
    a50whcz343yn.png
  • Options
    AszkalonAszkalon Member
    edited April 26
    edited for - well - Reasons. Also kinda to prevent a tiny bit of spoilering.
    a50whcz343yn.png
  • Options
    I wish for more Nonsense. It was funny making Heimskr from Skyrim an Essence-talking Priest,
    but the Months are long and my Wish for more Content is always oh-so-strong and be it only silly Nonsense inside my head.

Please forgive me.

Or not.
    But i know the " Voice of the unholy Abomination will ". lol

" On an Roleplay-Server somewhere in the Future,

in the Years between 2028 and 2038
    ... ... ... ... ... ONE Man is the last Member,

of his +Legendary Hardcore Raid - facing a newly released Worldboss on it's own,

a Worldboss People claim will be run by an A.I.,

so that the Encounter is everytime unpredictable
    ... ... "

3t55wv4od7ho.jpg
    a50whcz343yn.png
  • Options
    DripyulaDripyula Member
    edited April 26
    LoL, this comic. Yeah this could be legit. Ever just wondering how much of a pain it would be to have a freehold and if the time investment will be worth it? Only time can tell.

He'h.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5QRLMYypIo
    6h4yddoh6t31.jpg
  • Options
    blatblat Member

For many days had I studied archives and chronicles thoroughly, and what I found was...unconvincing...and even disturbing.
    For I have seen so many cases of what's called:
    "History is written by the winners".

The chronicles tells us of Ten Gods who created race alike them - The Ancients.
    We are also told that there were three of the Gods who
    embraced the idea of introducing the Ancients as part of essentially their plane of existence and teaching them the ways of the Essence, in all of its facets: not just what can be used for good, but also what could be used for evil as well.
    And for that simple act of sharing the knowledge The Seven of Ten Gods united and attacked The Others, banishing them and the whole race of Ancients to The Void - a plane where there was only a miniscule amount of the Essence.

For Gods who are beings of The Essence this is worse than death - it is equal to being thrown out in an unending desert with only small puddles of dirty water here and there. Infinite suffering, on the verge of survival.

Having done that, The Seven, dared to call themselves a "pantheon of good".

But isn't being good, assumes being just? kind? forgiving?

Can you say that fighting 7 vs 3 is a just fight? Can you say that causing infinite suffering instead of at least trying to talk and come up with a solution - a just thing? Something that a good being would do?

The history breeds more and more questions.

What's even wrong with The Others teaching the Ancients of what is good and what is evil, a good parent teaches their children of that, and it is normal. Any way it will be better for the Others to talk about what's good and what's bad to their creations, then them discovering it by themselves and inadvertently causing damage to each other.
    Plus have the Ancients done anything bad with that knowledge? caused any damage?

Did The Seven gave a chance to the Ancients to see how would they use this knowledge?

And in the end the Ancients could just come up with bad ways of using the Essence themselves - King Atrax, the famous Verran ruler - is a perfect example of that.
    Not only is it naive to try and hide the duality of real nature of the Essence, but it's also dangerous.

We can already see how the winners - Seven Gods tried to twist the history and actions of past as they say that when King Atrax contacted the Ancients, they were "deceptive" about how would the Essence affect him, except granting immortality.
    "Deceptive"?! How were the Ancients supposed to know that? They have always had the characteristics of all ten gods thus gain immortality in a more pure form, essentially akin to the godhood, and they had no idea that King Atrax was created flawed, since the Seven couldn't and wished not to give their creations all the qualities and and decided to split their qualities into four races instead.

Turns out that the "good" gods actually what?
    - casted their kin into the Void causing them eternal suffering
    - banished their creations that were created in their likeness and possessed all their qualities, basically, their children into the Void causing them eternal suffering
    - didn't try to talk with The Others
    - didn't give a chance to The Ancients
    - tried to slander them
    - created four flawed races that just couldn't live in peace, as said in the scrolls: There was not always only four great nations. Long ago the races were more divided into many nations and city states. and In the 7,000 years of recorded history, wars upon wars were fought.
    - misleadingly called the negative side of the Essence - "Corruption" as if it's something separate. But no, these are just two sides of one medal!

There is no good in all those actions, they are rather manifestations of fear, anger, pride, selfishness...like Seven Sins.

Fellow adventurers do not believe to brainwashed priests! There is no light without the dark. No Essence without the Corruption!

Spread the word - let's not fall to the lies of The Seven! Let's restore the Justice and bring back The Others!

P.S. Also would like to see the gameplay that allows us to actually spread corruption across the lands.

Ha pretty nice. Gnostic undertones?