Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Skull and Bones Harvesting mechanic/mini-games...

Pretty nice!

Comments

• Options
    click when the indicator is on the green area...

kind of tiring tbh if you have to do that every 10 seconds when your out gathering.
  • Options
    NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited December 2023
    Just looked it up... I'd rather not have those timed event clicks every friggin' time I want to gather something. That will get very, very old very, very fast. This is one of those things where I would much rather be able to look around and look for potential threats while the bar is progressing, than having to click the thing at the right time. Sometimes nothing is better than something.
  • Options
    unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    This was already done by Intrepid as part of their gathering and combat systems years ago for a game iteration that was given to people to try out on the floor of a PAX event. And people fucking hated it. So much so that they rolled those plans back. QTE (quick time events) are a gimmick that over sustained gameplay just become a pain in the ass more than the "Oh, so much fun I am having" or their use as a way to deter bot actions is gamed out by people who write better script than the devs.
    south-park-rabble-rabble-rabbl-53b58d315aa49.jpg