Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Worst part of buying alpha 2 package is...

nanfoodlenanfoodle Member, Founder, Kickstarter
edited December 2023 in General Discussion
Waiting for the announcement that's its here. :D been following this game since 2017 and will say this is what I have been waiting for. Seeing the game in a state persistant play / testing was worth it.

Myself I'm looking forward most to node PvP. Large scale PvP is my heart space when it comes to PvP. My wife really want to just try the classes and play with the specs.

What are you looking forward to testing in Alpha 2?

Comments

• Options
    I really look at A2 as a Q&A. So my main areas of focus in A2 will be mage combat and environment. To look for improvement with mage gameplay but also spot any errors/flaws in the environment throughout the world.
    m6jque7ofxxf.gif
  • Options
    I'd be less than honest if I didn't admit the worst part of buying the A2 package was the F-ton of money it cost!
  • Options
    Guess a 2nd question is what are you looking forward to seeing with no NDA and tones of alpha 2 testers streaming?
  • Options
    Am happy to test WHATEVER system they want us to, in the A2.

The more gameplay-testing and bug-seeking we are able to support the game with pre-launch, the better.

• Options
    Taleof2CitiesTaleof2Cities Member
    edited December 2023
    nanfoodle wrote: »
    Guess a 2nd question is what are you looking forward to seeing with no NDA and tones of alpha 2 testers streaming?

Streamers we should take with a grain of salt.

Some streamers will be over-critical.

Some streamers will be white knights.

The streamers in between will probably have some decent A2 feedback …
  • Options
    I hope that the vastness of the world paried with the seasonal and world event system will let me explore this place for a LONG time. I'd love to become a special request gatherer, a "special goods" courier so to speak. So the gathering systems, the exploration, and the caravan systems (including carpentry to pimp your own ride) are what I am very exited about.
    The answer is probably >>> HERE <<<
  • Options
    nanfoodle wrote: »

The streamers in between will probably have some decent A2 feedback …

With Alpha-access, you don't need to watch any of them.
    Without Alpha-access, best bet is to find some friends who have access and to watch them.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    Honestly this game is taking so long that most people lost the hype of playing it, I remember a few years ago everyone talking about it but nowadays most people don't even remember... Myself I waited hyped for a few years but then I totally skipped the development of the game tired of waiting haha
    I truly hope alpha 2 to not be too far... Like next month lmao
    Otherwise I will have to put my hype on other things and remember that the game exist a few months or years later again
  • Options

Streamers add no value to pre-launch hype. None. I pity the fool that decides to buy/play a game or not based off anything other than their own experiences, official info, affordability, community culture, or their friends’ input.
    Good times create weak men. Weak men create hard times. Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times.
  • Options
    daveywaveydaveywavey Member
    edited December 2023
    Trickster wrote: »
    Otherwise I will have to put my hype on other things and remember that the game exist a few months or years later again

That's a perfectly valid thing to do. Don't let yourself get burnt out.

Maybe go back through the High Quality Meme thread and have a chuckle. It's always good for a laugh.
    Or re-watch the video of Steven and the Terrorbird. https://youtu.be/U3WrvtnSMiM?t=59m33s

:D:D:D
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    Kilion wrote: »
    I hope that the vastness of the world paried with the seasonal and world event system will let me explore this place for a LONG time. I'd love to become a special request gatherer, a "special goods" courier so to speak. So the gathering systems, the exploration, and the caravan systems (including carpentry to pimp your own ride) are what I am very exited about.

I'm also looking forward to group Events like the caravan system. I like how it mixes PvP and PvE. Players can attack of defend but also trigger PvE events.

Exploration will be awesome in Ashes. I still floored that the game will be 1200km of game space. I cant wait to see what areas will be in the Aphal 2 testing, besides the River lands.
  • Options
    catibriecatibrie Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    Housing, decorating and making all things homely.