Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

liveliness of the environment of the world (more of a suggestion but can't find that category)

simple expiation of what I mean:
The world within the game, I believe, should be kind of similar to ours, where there will be NPCs walking around town and animals roaming around the forest, but I believe they (the dev team) have already thought of this, so what I suggest is that there will be in game events where hordes of Goblins against giants and we the players could join in the fight for a reward from the tavern, but every town/territory/faction would have a different quest of either killing the goblins or giants, so it would be a PvPvE situation. It doesn't have to be a big event, it could be just a pack of wolves chasing a dear, fights breaking out in the tavern, fights breaking out on the streets or NPC getting robed by bandits in the wild. I believe interactions like these could really change the game.

Comments

• Options
    CawwCaww Member
    edited December 2023
    they have this and refer to it as "events", there was a small demo awhile back in a livestream as well, more from the wiki:
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Events

they actually showed a small group of goblins attacking a town gate and local players would need to fend them off
  • Options
    AinzOalGownAinzOalGown Member
    edited December 2023
    Caww wrote: »
    they have this and refer to it as "events", there was a small demo awhile back in a livestream as well, more from the wiki:
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Events

they actually showed a small group of goblins attacking a town gate and local players would need to fend them off

but why do the goblins only attack players? why not other NPCs as well? that's what I mean by the liveliness of the environment, because it is not only us in the game but the different NPCs, and I am sure they also have their own hierarchy so naturally they themselves will also fight among themselves just us wolves hunt for food IRL. I want something more than just PvE but EvE or PvPvEvE, just imagine it, wouldn't it make the game much more alive, seeing in the wild Bandits fighting off goblins, or Goblins fighting off wolves or even a large scale event where huge hoard of Goblins/other mobs attacking other mob's territory, so the spawn point of mobs will be different once every few months or so. That is not to say goblins attacking town gate is not a good first step, I just want the dev team to not limit it to PvE but also expand it to EvE and PvPvEvE, where groups of goblins/other mobs also attack other mobs.

Do you get how much more livelier the game could be? How much more realistic it could be? I want this game to be more than just the players but the NPCs themselves have their own lives, from Goblins to a random drunk on the street (maybe a bit to dramatic but I hope you get what I mean)

@Caww
  • Options
    I don't know how often players will enter taverns and sit at tables.
    But I don't want to see the taverns with empty tables.
  • Options
    Raven016 wrote: »
    I don't know how often players will enter taverns and sit at tables.
    But I don't want to see the taverns with empty tables.

Well, in real life you have a boost of stamina regen if you sit :#
    PvE means: A handful of coins and a bag of boredom.