Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

About PvP and the path choose by the game

Hi Here !

First of all i'm really sorry about my english ^^" ill try to do my best for be clear.

I heard about this game recently and it's really nice :)

I see your Q and A, i'm happy that you want to stay on your position in the game, but i see lots of MMO who say the same and finaly change Gold to ****.

So, when you talk about PvP you say Castle fight / Node / Caravanes but i want to know more about "Open PvP", i like the freedom you want to add in your game, all players can choose own path, but i know by experience that players always crying when something become difficult etc etc ^^ ...

- You will stay on your first idea of your game ?

- Do you think to add more events / objectives like caravanes in the world ?

- You said we can hire others players to helps us for Wars, protect caravanes, etc so, can we imagine "features PrimeHunter and Outlaws" ?

- My last question is about Crafting can we do all the craft ourselves ? and you talk about make "unique" items if i understood correctly we can gather several ressorces and with the right we can create armor or weapon that means Stats change ? Skin Change ? and can we give name to Greatfull weapon for exemple ? ^^

Sorry if my questions are not really interresting or if someone ask before, i try to read lots of post before doing this one.

As i said, on the paper, you have an excellent game, continue like that and the gold you have in your hand will become diamond for sure ! ;) Great job.

PS : if something is not clear please tell me ill answer asap ! Cya

Comments

• Options
    For more info on the PvP side of things you should checkout the <a href="http://www.mmogames.com/gamearticles/interview-ashes-of-creation-wants-bring-virtual-world-life/">MMOGames interview</a> with Steven. It goes into a bit more depth about the flagging system they are using and how it will impact PvP.

Castle/Node sieges will be huge events, most likely involving numerous guilds forming alliances to defend or siege the node.

Hopefully they don't stray too far from their initial ideas. The dev team have a pretty focused and precise idea of what they want to achieve and as they are self publishing they won't have to deal with a publishing company interfering with things.

I believe there will be new content added in the form of expansions as the game world ages and we explore further.

Having never played Prime Hunter or Outlaws I couldn't comment on that, however it's entirely possible that traders moving goods around can hire a guild to help protect their transport from thieves and bandits. Same goes for wars and castle sieges.

Crafting will be an integral part of the game so crafters will be very busy creating wears for people and also maintaining gear for adventurers as item degradation will also be a factor.

I hope that provides you with some answers :) If you haven't already then I highly suggest signing up to the Ashes Discord <a href="https://discord.gg/ashesofcreation">here</a>. There's lots of information there and people to talk to about game features.
  • Options
    Thx Silv for your answer, it's helpfull :).

i feel good about all of that :) when i talk about features like Prime hunter i mean the freedom we have in the game, actually there are no game who let the player completely free :).

ill enjoy to see the game grow up ^^ so wait and see, continue like that please :) !

Cya