Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Profile Promotions on Forums

edited December 2023 in General Discussion
Why do we have them?
What is the point of them?
How does one even get promoted?

Feels like we're getting accolades for self-esteem and narcissistic personalities to manipulate newcomers into persuasion for opinions? Seems pointless in my opinion, just randomly applied without explanation...

Comments

• Options
    DepravedDepraved Member
    edited December 2023
    Why do we have them?

Feels like we're getting accolades for self-esteem and narcissistic personalities to manipulate newcomers into persuasion for opinions? Seems pointless in my opinion, just randomly applied without explanation...

the star system is most likely to prevent the spam...

edit: why do u have more stars than me? ;-; i have more posts, more visits and more likes >:
  • Options
    NiKrNiKr Member
    edited December 2023
    My bigger questions is how in hell is Mag and George are 5* and Noaani is 6*?

I feel personally attacked and abused :'(

Also
    hi1jyt7otjoh.png
    onctxoo11595.gif

Like, I've seen their messages and even liked them, but I got no recollection of this person somehow :D Are the Nelson Mandela? Am I?
  • Options
    cgfi0zt2atck.png
    I was wrong, I must apologize, I shall repent.
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    NiKr wrote: »
    Well, system failed, everyone can go home.
    My assumption is that there is still some more tweaking to do.

The level system was turned on almost 24 hours ago at this point, they have been changing the settings since then - there are more to change still.

The thing with it is that it is a question of balance. With this level system, you make it harder for someone to spam new threads, but you also make it harder for someone new to start asking questions about the game. I imagine they want to take some time to consider where they want that line.
  • Options
    SolvrynSolvryn Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    My bigger questions is how in hell is Mag and George are 5* and Noaani is 6*?

I feel personally attacked and abused :'(

Also
    hi1jyt7otjoh.png
    onctxoo11595.gif

Like, I've seen their messages and even liked them, but I got no recollection of this person somehow :D Are the Nelson Mandela? Am I?

They changed their name.
  • Options
    FantmxFantmx Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    While I sit here at just 2 stars. Sad.
  • Options
    cgfi0zt2atck.png
    I was wrong, I must apologize, I shall repent.

damn i suddenly got 2 more stars, and u as well xD
    Noaani wrote: »
    Well, system failed, everyone can go home.
    My assumption is that there is still some more tweaking to do.

The level system was turned on almost 24 hours ago at this point, they have been changing the settings since then - there are more to change still.

The thing with it is that it is a question of balance. With this level system, you make it harder for someone to spam new threads, but you also make it harder for someone new to start asking questions about the game. I imagine they want to take some time to consider where they want that line.

new accounts will most likely need manual approval from mods. this prevents bots from auto spamming.
  • Options
    Fantmx wrote: »
    h5q5qv7s9u4n.gif
  • Options

You just to need to spam the forums with constant reiterated back and forth conversations until you can feel more special by getting more stars so sheeple can ignorantly trust your opinions more...lol
  • Options

The Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One plus is the stars is what counts more than just being a badgefarmer.
  • Options
    Depraved wrote: »
    Why do we have them?

the star system is most likely to prevent the spam...

edit: why do u have more stars than me? ;-; i have more posts, more visits and more likes >:

He is a ninja.
  • Options
    Solvryn wrote: »
    being a badgefarmer.
    du22ds4xmfny.gif
  • Options
    The Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One plus is the stars is what counts more than just being a badgefarmer.
    Oh, and btw, every single of your posts gets you closer to being a badgefarmer as well. So pot kettle and all that.
  • Options
    This is vertical leveling.
    Now people with many alts are at disadvantage.
    Maybe this should be taken as a learned lesson :wink:
  • Options
    Oh, and btw, every single of your posts gets you closer to being a badgefarmer as well. So pot kettle and all that.

Yeah but I actually test the game.
  • Options
    NiKrNiKr Member
    edited December 2023
    How could you test the game when there is no game to test.
    w2asaqcbd6tp.gif

Also, you're simply a p2wer, and we don't appreciate p2ws in these here parts.
  • Options

pfft I'd test circles around you :smile:
  • Options
    Raven016Raven016 Member
    edited December 2023
    How could you test the game when there is no game to test.

Maybe Alpha One people help record that stream we will see in January?
  • Options
    Raven016 wrote: »
    Ohh, and we'll see how truly awful they all are at pvp :D
  • Options
    Raven016 wrote: »
    Ohh, and we'll see how truly awful they all are at pvp :D

They will act until Steven gets the movie as he wants it :smile:
  • Options
    @Raven016 Ashes of Creation... THE MOVIE?!?!?! soon TM :lol:
  • Options
    AszkalonAszkalon Member
    edited December 2023
    Hmmm.

edit : OH !! Is "that" why i have two Stars next to " Member " right now ? I got "promoted" to LvL 1 and 2 in the last Days, i think. It's in my ... ... Notifications(?). I assume these are these Stars. :smile:
    a50whcz343yn.png
  • Options
    Aszkalon wrote: »
    Hmmm.

edit : OH !! Is "that" why i have two Stars next to " Member " right now ? I got "promoted" to LvL 1 and 2 in the last Days, i think. It's in my ... ... Notifications(?). I assume these are these Stars. :smile:

(in a joking tone)

pfft typical 2 star plebian :tongue:
  • Options
    (in a joking tone)

pfft typical 2 star plebian :tongue:
    (not in a joking tone)

pfft typical 4 star plebian :tongue:
  • Options
    NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited December 2023
    I wonder what those stars are based on. Post count? Likes?

Edit: It looks like it's this plugin: https://success.vanillaforums.com/kb/articles/21-ranks and they've done some custom ranks.
  • Options
    Nerror wrote: »
    I wonder what those stars are based on. Post count? Likes?

You need a pps meter to find out :tongue:
  • Options
    NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    @Enigmatic Sage and I both have a bit over 1500 posts and 4 stars, and @NiKr has over 6k posts and 6 stars. Noaani with over 13K posts and also 6 stars. I am sure if someone cared enough they could figure out the system, if it's post count, likes, badges, some combination, etc. :wink:
  • Options
    some combination
    I think it's this, cause I looked at some lower-starred people and the range on post/like values was quite vast. Potentially there could be some "date created" weights as well, cause that'd be the most logical thing when trying to fight off spam from literally newborn accs.
  • Options
    @Enigmatic Sage and I both have a bit over 1500 posts and 4 stars, and @NiKr has over 6k posts and 6 stars. Noaani with over 13K posts and also 6 stars. I am sure if someone cared enough they could figure out the system, if it's post count, likes, badges, some combination, etc. :wink:

Quality over Quanity :wink: I could spam useless shit reiterated for 20 pages with the same people and be 6 star too If I wanted lol
  • Options
    some combination
    I think it's this, cause I looked at some lower-starred people and the range on post/like values was quite vast. Potentially there could be some "date created" weights as well, cause that'd be the most logical thing when trying to fight off spam from literally newborn accs.

Getting likes in the pinned threads might be important ^^
This discussion has been closed.