Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

a couple of summon ideas

this is a idea i wanted to put in its own post just for a bit of extra maybe eyes on it specifically cause i just wanna suggest some options for summons that dont force summoners to ONLY use simplistic as all hell and hoenstly TOO simplistic for summoning to be all that fun, tank, dps, or healer.

this idea would fall into support/utility and i think would be best suited for either the shadowmancer or necromancer with basically its a summon that can do literally NOTHING with for the shadowmancer would be a shadow guardian you hide in your shadow so your shadow becomes darker when its summoned and its ONLY purpose is that when you die, it takes the dmg and either instantly dies or it can never be healed so its a ultimate tank in a manner of speaking. beyond that i think it might even be fun to have it be that rather than what i suggested it do in the original post i made where i mentioned the idea, after it takes the damage for your, instead of full healing you and just insta dying on the first hit it takes, it could be more interesting and justifiy it having such a high mana cost that its basically 'you only summon this ONCE in town with it taking up a 1 slot or maybe at most a 2 slot with basically it heals you to full at the cost of its own health with maybe it doesnt even take the hit but instead just revives you by channeling its energies into you so it would have a RIDICULOUSLY high hp pool of like maybe 2 or 3 like dps or healer players so that so long as you dont have much health, it can bring you back a few times and if you maybe didnt spec into health at all, it would be able to bring ya back 4 or 5 times but you would be a glass cannon.

as for the second idea, this still only riffs off of a post i made about this general summon type a while back but just shows another way it could work out with since the shadowmancer is on the mind, it would be a shadow summon where you summon a bunch of humanoid shadows, maybe like 5 ot 6 of them whose level ultimately even at max level 50 would still AT BEST each individually maybe amount to a lvl 30 so that they would be able to do some work against max levels and at least kinda hurt them BUUUTTT a good player at level 50 would know to have a option or a teammate with an option to wipe em all out instantly with a single skill with these multi summons coming with no abilities of their own really aside from maybe in this case since they are shadows, advanced regeneration and also giving you more exact control of their movements and who they target almost like those command and conquer style games like i think banner lords and some other one i cant remember the name of.

hell while thinking of the bannerlords gameplay, you could even have a horde of say level 5s or maybe even level 1 enemies be summoned that for a max level player get their damage at least scaled to the point that if they all attacked a single level 1, it would amount to maybe half or 3 quarters of what a dedicated dps could do or maybe even match your average dps outright BUUUUUUTTT again, if ALL of the horde attacked just one person so you could have like 30 level 1 troops and have your own legion of like maybe zombies or shadows or maybe even a almost dnd chaos magic style random summoning of forest creatures like wolves, bears, and maybe even comically large eagles or like crows or ravens or something :D