Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

internal communications question

what is planned or being done to keep communication between community managers and the rest of the team at intrepid post release to help keep the team in touch with the community long term?

Comments

• Options
    Communication & Reports from Feed Back probably.

Could always becomes besties with a community manager so your opinions are top priority :lol:
  • Options
    well I don't really care if my opinions are heard personally, I doubt I would have much to contribute.
    this is more of a general concern question to see if we can avoid things like what is happening with Bungie right now. or how it's been hard for the community of many MMO's to be heard.
  • Options
    True. Most of them don't waste their time with the forums post launch. The company does what the company wants essentially regardless of feed back.
  • Options
    NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited December 2023
    Kyskei wrote: »
    well I don't really care if my opinions are heard personally, I doubt I would have much to contribute.
    this is more of a general concern question to see if we can avoid things like what is happening with Bungie right now. or how it's been hard for the community of many MMO's to be heard.

Are you referring to the layoffs of the Bungie community managers?

The only thing that can be done by Intrepid is to keep paying their community managers a fair wage, and to keep having them gather feedback like they do now.

I would honestly like Intrepid to continue having the monthly dev discussions and feedback threads after release too. Feedback on specific aspects of the game and feedback on events, etc., so @Vaknar and @Roshen and others can continue gathering focused feedback and feeding it to the dev teams.
  • Options
    @Nerror think they referring to using the managers as a bridge to relay information between the community that uses the forums to the developers.
  • Options
    @Nerror think they referring to using the managers as a bridge to relay information between the community that uses the forums to the developers.

Yes. I am confused now. :smile: Isn't that what I wrote about?
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    Nerror wrote: »

Yes. I am confused now. :smile: Isn't that what I wrote about?

Yes, yes you did write about that haha. I think it has nothing to truly do with wages and bungie though. Just integrity of the employee and employer.

I've worked with quite a few different generations and some people feel they deserve the world when it comes to their wages. Don't get me wrong. I believe in fair wages too. but "fair" can be be perceptively different from person to person.
  • Options
    it didn't have anything to do with wages.
    I've heard that in a few of these companies community managers know about issues that the community have with the game that is causing a lot of people to quit playing or is otherwise damaging to the game. but because of either office politics or indolence on part of their superiors they are not able to bring these things up with the team so it can be addressed. now I'm not saying this is a problem at intrepid in fact I feel like things are going great here.
    but I think that it would be nice if there were internal structures or systems within the company to insure that it continues to operate smoothly post release.
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    True. But as we learned from WoW and other MMORPG's...

They took too long to listen to the community, then when they did, they listened to the wrong community members as the consumer demographics of the game changed and constantly rolled, they lost sight of what made their game so beloved.

When subs start dropping, they scramble to find out which to cater to. Do they try and get back their original loyalists? listen to the current gamers? prepare for the next generation?

Ashes has attracted a large mixed demographic pool unfortunately and fortunately.
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    Right. The fair wages part was mostly my way of saying they shouldn't fire them after release, or cause them to leave for better paying jobs :smile:

As for the rest, if they keep doing what they do now and gather feedback from several platforms, and possibly scale up the team to meet the hopefully increased number of players after release, they should be good :smile:

• Options
    I would think there will be a significant bump in workload for certain Intrepid staff at launch and going forward.

However smoothly it goes, there will be bugs (always is), customer service issues with transactions (always is) and a spike in feedback from those not finding the game exactly to their liking. Then there will be a ton of questions on events and aspects of the game that Intrepid kept back until launch.

And the CC program will really hit it's stride. I can see Maggie's team needing more bodies on deck for all this.
    The girl watched the last of the creatures die and murmured a soft 'Thank you' to her rescuer.

The stranger's eyes lifted to the blood red cloud on the horizon.

'We have to move. It's not safe here.'