Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

some fun agument speculation and build concepts

so this is a simple one but seen as how every time we see the ranger, they have abilities that use plants and in this case, vines, i would LOVE seen a plant augment that perhaps could let you turn your ranger into a master of creating maybe like thorny vines with all your abilities basically being a heavy cc ranged attacker who more so is a support rather than outright dps perhaps also with plant abilities you can shoot at your allies instead to maybe make a healing mushroom sprout at their feet or maybe inversely you could even use these plants as status effect debuffs against your enemies as well the spores lower enemeis defenses or attack or maybe even do funky things like limit their FOV or cause a blur effect on their screen :D

Comments

• Options
    maybe ranger/summoner teehee
  • Options
    I fully support the idea of the augment system being capable of blurring the lines between a characters roles given the appropriate skill selection and gearing.
  • Options
    CROW3CROW3 Member
    The bard summoner who can summon two bard summoners who can summon two bard summoners who can summon…

AoC Philharmonic incoming.
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options
    CROW3 wrote: »
    The bard summoner who can summon two bard summoners who can summon two bard summoners who can summon…

giphy.gif
  • Options

giphy.gif

dnd echo knights.......
  • Options

giphy.gif

dnd echo knights.......

By all that is dear, please no. //DM to a group with a echo knight...
    lizhctbms6kg.png
  • Options
    I think ranger augments are going to be nature/animals/something else, maybe. How I think this will affect classes is by making their spells nature-based/animal spirit-based. Like a mage/archer could skill into a woodmage/plantmage. Summoner/archer is going to use either flesh-eating plants, etc., with the plant augments or summon animals with the animal augments, etc.

Same for other classes with the ranger second archetype.
    For the empyre !!!
  • Options
    oOLu_BuOo wrote: »
    Summoner/archer is going to use either flesh-eating plants, etc., with the plant augments or summon animals with the animal augments, etc.
    Summoner+ ranger is known as beast master, so probably the second option.
    lizhctbms6kg.png
  • Options
    I don't think a Ranger should have any plant 'control' abilities. Extra knowledge of, yes (for some potions/poisons ability) but not control. Just some creatures.

Even with 64 classes I think there's a Nature Druid gap. With spells like Barkskin, Spike Growth, Stoneskin, Web, Nature's Balance etc.

I'm surprised Steven hasn't found a way to include them as an ex NWN player. Elanee wasn't a bad character.

The girl watched the last of the creatures die and murmured a soft 'Thank you' to her rescuer.

The stranger's eyes lifted to the blood red cloud on the horizon.

'We have to move. It's not safe here.'
  • Options
    AnimusRex wrote: »
    I don't think a Ranger should have any plant 'control' abilities. Extra knowledge of, yes (for some potions/poisons ability) but not control. Just some creatures.

Even with 64 classes I think there's a Nature Druid gap. With spells like Barkskin, Spike Growth, Stoneskin, Web, Nature's Balance etc.

I'm surprised Steven hasn't found a way to include them as an ex NWN player. Elanee wasn't a bad character.

well for one thing, if they dont than no one really does and rangers are kinda in fantasy the quinitsential nature style guys seen with bear companions in the woods and stuff hunting there prey AAAANNNNDD we have already seen plant based abilites from the ranger so i was more so saying that i hope its an augment you can use to make any of the classes much more nature themed.
  • Options
    like i would love to run around as a thorn wizard whos a mage primary and ranger secondary with everything about their magic being based around these engtangling thorns that they use to close in on and destroy their foes!!! and stuff like that
  • Options
    like i would love to run around as a thorn wizard whos a mage primary and ranger secondary with everything about their magic being based around these engtangling thorns that they use to close in on and destroy their foes!!! and stuff like that

Well, you'll be happy that the devs have given every Ranger the Vine Field skill, in lieu of a genuine Druid , the quintessential nature/plant class.

The girl watched the last of the creatures die and murmured a soft 'Thank you' to her rescuer.

The stranger's eyes lifted to the blood red cloud on the horizon.

'We have to move. It's not safe here.'
  • Options
    AnimusRex wrote: »

Maybe that should be an archetype for future expansions or DLC? As someone who mains druid in WoW, I would love to see a shapeshifting class.
  • Options
    SoSpokeMikaSoSpokeMika Member
    edited February 11
  • Options
    Summoner/archer is going to use either flesh-eating plants, etc., with the plant augments or summon animals with the animal augments, etc.
    I try not to base my class theory crafting on the actual names of the classes until I've got real information on whether every augment type can augment every main archetype ability or if certain abilities/archetypes can only choose a specific augment of the second class. But yeah, Beastmaster would suggest more beasts.
    For the empyre !!!
  • Options
    I try not to base my class theory crafting on the actual names of the classes until I've got real information on whether every augment type can augment every main archetype ability or if certain abilities/archetypes can only choose a specific augment of the second class. But yeah, Beastmaster would suggest more beasts.

Fair enough!
    lizhctbms6kg.png