Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Speaking of unility abilities, here is a showcase

George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
edited January 12 in General Discussion
Tanks. For starters, let's rename the archetype to knights and be done with it.

Here is a unique utility ability in the form of unique weapon access: lance.

When mounted, the knight archetype can access the weapon type lance. The lance has a single melee ability, with high cooldown which deals high piercing dmg on a target at 5m distance after gaining a speedbuff and charging a minimum distance (on horseback) of 100m.

The knight also has unique access to horse plate armor and a passive ability that deals mediocre aoe dmg when charging after 20m (force atk, like with other AoE abilities, if you want to dmg green players). The mechanic is considered an aura aoe dmg ability.

This unique utility pretty much introduces a cavalry gameplay thay can be used as a valid tactic mostly on sieges and a lot of fun for Knight mains, combined with their natural high defence, to start the conflict.
They would become the innitistors of conflict, trumpling down enemy players with the AoE (which should stack with the other knights' AoE) and having determined the critical targets, penetrate the enemy possition with high, controlled, impact dmg using the lance.

There can be counter abilities with pikes, or the spear-type weapons can offer a unique stance "Stand your ground" which provides high armor for a few seconds and a mediocre AoE dmg, which should be used cleaverly upon the impact moment of a charging enemy cavalry.

Oh and Knights have to use horses for this gameplay mechanic. None of that craziness of tames lions and bears and whatnot.

Also, I will main a fighter, so no bias.

Comments

• Options
    nanfoodlenanfoodle Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    I think Tanks should be called Meat Sheilds
  • Options
    meat shield is only way id b willing to accept name change. People want a personal edgy name for their archetype when they are meant to be basic and to the point.
  • Options
    NiKrNiKr Member
    Also, I will main a fighter, so no bias.
    And you should have this utility ability, cause as a TANK main I don't want it and don't consider it a part of the tank's theme :)
  • Options
    Any class can use any weapon, so you should be able to kit your entire guild out with lances, and all charge as one!
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited January 12
    As daveywavey mentions - any Archetype can use any weapon, so...
    This is really asking for some form of Active Skill which would essentially boost the effects of a Lance physical weapon.
    Or it's asking for an Active Skill that causes a giant, golden Lance to appear, similar to the Cleric's Castigation Whip or the Fighter's "Hammer Strike" Hammer.

Intentionally, "unique weapon access" is not really an Ashes design feature.