Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Store (or rewards!) suggestions esp. with respect to backers

MissionCreepMissionCreep Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
TLDR: KS Packages (and pre-order packages) have gaps in cosmetics, please make those cosmetic types available for individual purchase rather than asking us to spend a LOT more money to get those missing categories of cosmetics.

Can you please offer solo cosmetic items that are NOT part of backer packages, namely Caravans and Ships. I think there might be some levels of freehold or housing missing as well (by building level) and perhaps Skins and Mounts? [Although I've seen those in the shop, at least.] It varies with pledge level (or pre-order package) but for sure Ships and Caravans..

It's also a bit strange that Freehold cosmetics were given out even though not everyone can obtain a Freehold...but Caravans and Ships--which anyone can own--were not.

I've backed at a high level as well as purchased limited cosmetics from the shop and these things just don't come with backing even after a substantial pledge. To the extent that they are made available, they require a large additional pledge ($250-375) to find a ship or caravan. [Let alone one you like!]

All I'm asking for is to make some of these types/categories of items which have been omitted from backer pledges available on an individual basis, rather than as part of an expensive package. In the future...so before launch. Not today and obviously not before Jan 17. There's plenty of time.

Of course I would *love* to have my pledge updated to simply include that stuff for "free" (it wouldn't be free). That would be ideal.
But I'm not even asking for that, just to put the cosmetic types we don't have available on individual offer on a regular basis. That's it.
It could be available to everyone or it could be for backers/pre-orders only. I don't care about that, but others might want something more limited, or to feel more rewarded for being early adopters.

Obviously I don't know whether this omission was an oversight or intentional, but assuming that it was unintentional, it would be nice to see the situation remedied and give all backers the opportunity to start with custom cosmetics in every category without asking for hundreds of dollars.

PS I do understand that I can also earn cosmetics through playing the game! I'm not suggesting that there's NO way for a backer to get these items without paying $250+.

Comments

• Options
    HinotoriHinotori Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    TLDR: KS Packages (and pre-order packages) have gaps in cosmetics, please make those cosmetic types available for individual purchase rather than asking us to spend a LOT more money to get those missing categories of cosmetics.

Can you please offer solo cosmetic items that are NOT part of backer packages, namely Caravans and Ships. I think there might be some levels of freehold or housing missing as well (by building level) and perhaps Skins and Mounts? [Although I've seen those in the shop, at least.] It varies with pledge level (or pre-order package) but for sure Ships and Caravans..

It's also a bit strange that Freehold cosmetics were given out even though not everyone can obtain a Freehold...but Caravans and Ships--which anyone can own--were not.

I've backed at a high level as well as purchased limited cosmetics from the shop and these things just don't come with backing even after a substantial pledge. To the extent that they are made available, they require a large additional pledge ($250-375) to find a ship or caravan. [Let alone one you like!]

All I'm asking for is to make some of these types/categories of items which have been omitted from backer pledges available on an individual basis, rather than as part of an expensive package. In the future...so before launch. Not today and obviously not before Jan 17. There's plenty of time.

Of course I would *love* to have my pledge updated to simply include that stuff for "free" (it wouldn't be free). That would be ideal.
    But I'm not even asking for that, just to put the cosmetic types we don't have available on individual offer on a regular basis. That's it.
    It could be available to everyone or it could be for backers/pre-orders only. I don't care about that, but others might want something more limited, or to feel more rewarded for being early adopters.

Obviously I don't know whether this omission was an oversight or intentional, but assuming that it was unintentional, it would be nice to see the situation remedied and give all backers the opportunity to start with custom cosmetics in every category without asking for hundreds of dollars.

PS I do understand that I can also earn cosmetics through playing the game! I'm not suggesting that there's NO way for a backer to get these items without paying $250+.

Uhhhh what?

You have braver of worlds... if you ever logged into the shop you would have found that you could purchase every single ship/costume/freehold/caravan/accessory/mount for its individual price between $5-$25 dollars.

2e4j6z6klhl6.gif

There's never been a need for you to pledge an additional 250+ dollars for those skins. As you can see here: the current caravan (as have all the previous ones.) Is listed for 25 dollars.

oav5hs2qnwnf.jpg
    lsb9nxihx5vc.png
  • Options
    Undead CanuckUndead Canuck Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I backed at the same level as you (not that high a level, just about middle), and we have always had the option to buy each piece instead of ordering another package. I loved being able to just pay for a single piece at a time instead of packs.
    I never wanted any of the ship or caravan skins, so I just bought some random outfits, pets, and mounts / barding.
  • Options
    Hinotori wrote: »
    You have braver of worlds... if you ever logged into the shop you would have found that you could purchase every single ship/costume/freehold/caravan/accessory/mount for its individual price between $5-$25 dollars.

This is the answer, MissionCreep.

Sorry it was the rest of us in the Forums to break the news.

You could have bought any or all of those items a la carte.

Just remember that in case Intrepid brings along any new cosmetic packs after Alpha 2.

Unless you're trying to leverage your Braver of Worlds status to bring back past cosmetic items. Steven's already been pretty clear about that not happening.
  • Options
    Erpee Durr....

Eyez wants to plays th' gam-um NOW....

Were Keren't eyes durn't?

Her-Keren't ezz plays urn't play-es NER?

Huh.. Ewe means bee-curz th' gam-um erren't OOT newerz, muh coo-cuuz-meekt-plaay-unt neerz?

Boot th' Ahl-fa isn't Uhn-oonline?

Whoopie-DoooHHHHHH!