Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

I can't believe I just did that

TRULYRULYTRULYRULY Member
edited January 17 in General Discussion
I really just spent $375 on a game that quite possibly doesn't exist. Help me cope!

EDIT: grammar

Comments

• Options
    George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited January 17
    Whoops my bad.
  • Options
    pyrealpyreal Member, Warrior of Old
    It exists. The pie is true.
  • Options
    TyranthraxusTyranthraxus Member
    edited January 17
    Well, at least they didn't make that clear, before you did.

Oh, wait....

• Options
    TRULYRULY wrote: »
    I really just spent $375 on a game that quite possibly doesn't exist. Help me cope!

It's done now, just live with it and with the smug grin of satisfaction you've also purchased.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options

EDIT: grammar

American?
  • Options
    NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited January 17
    Welcome aboard :smile:

The game exists! I completely disagree with Narc on that. We just can't access it yet. ;)

You also get some months subscription when it releases and you get to influence the game in the direction you want before, so honestly just consider it a proactive investment into your future entertainment.

And besides, what else would you spend $375 on? A selfie toaster that can burn your selfie on to a piece of toast? A bunch of Nicholas Cage sequin pillows? A Cat Butt Tissue Holder? Those are the only other sensible options that come to mind, and do you really need those more than A2 access?
  • Options
    Only $375?

You lucky, lucky bastard.
    The girl watched the last of the creatures die and murmured a soft 'Thank you' to her rescuer.

The stranger's eyes lifted to the blood red cloud on the horizon.

'We have to move. It's not safe here.'
  • Options

Hello my fellow Order Member. Maybe you just had it in you, to financially support a Team of Developers you deem worthy.

Sometimes it just happens, lol.
    a50whcz343yn.png
  • Options
    Nerror wrote: »
    A selfie toaster that can burn your selfie on to a piece of toast?

sarcastic-kirk.gif
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    I got the pack below that, but most likely I'll upgrade my pack at a later date. I wonder how many people decided to buy the pack last minute. Really looking forward to Alpha 2.
  • Options
    JhorenJhoren Member
    edited January 18
    Jazebel wrote: »
    I got the pack below that, but most likely I'll upgrade my pack at a later date. I wonder how many people decided to buy the pack last minute. Really looking forward to Alpha 2.

Probably quite a few. :smile: I decided not to. I am content with watching and waiting.
  • Options
    I "only" paid 250$ yesterday

Why did you have to pay >400$?
    I don't get it, were there additional packs you have bought?
  • Options
    I wish I didn't miss it by a day....
  • Options
    hangmanN wrote: »

Voyager plus gave a name reserve plus a few other perks. but both packages had the A2 access dw.

C'yall in Verra, welcome to the copium circle jerk.
  • Options

potentially exchange rates for currency.
    Voxtrium wrote: »

Voyager plus gave a name reserve plus a few other perks. but both packages had the A2 access dw.

C'yall in Verra, welcome to the copium circle jerk.

lol
  • Options
    nanfoodlenanfoodle Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    edited January 18

Ya in Dec I upped my pledge to Alpha 2 for my account and my wife's. Many of the Alpha 1 posts here made me want to though. Their positivity sold me.
  • Options
    nanfoodle wrote: »

Ya in Dec I upped my pledge to Alpha 2 for my account and my wife's. Many of the Alpha 1 posts here made me want to though. Their positivity sold me.

That makes me regret I didn't opt into Alpha 1, but the updates I've seen, and the livestreams pushed me towards buying into Alpha 2.

Also I'm a sucker for summoner classes and multiclassing. Still thinking about Guild Wars 1, loved that game to death.
  • Options
    nanfoodlenanfoodle Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    nanfoodle wrote: »

That makes me regret I didn't opt into Alpha 1, but the updates I've seen, and the livestreams pushed me towards buying into Alpha 2.

Also I'm a sucker for summoner classes and multiclassing. Still thinking about Guild Wars 1, loved that game to death.

You will be playing before ya know it =-)
  • Options
    Lmao! What I did, i bought the lowest pack first, waited a couple of months, upgraded and then finally upgraded to the top pack last week lol. It made me feel a little bit better :joy:
    m6jque7ofxxf.gif
  • Options
    VulfrVulfr Member
    I have found that alphas and betas can be more fun than release (like New World). Either way, you get to play for months, and its cool to give feedback and actually see it fixed!
  • Options
    OtrOtr Member
    Me too!
    We luv those freehold skins.
  • Options
    LinikerLiniker Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    welcome aboard guys!
    img]
    Recrutamento aberto - Nosso Site: Clique aqui
  • Options
    I have been playing MMos since Meridian 59 (1996) I saw a tons of waporware, I could easily afford $400, if I wanted to, but I will wait until open beta. Its been in development since 2015, hopefully they will finish some day.
  • Options
    HinotoriHinotori Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    nuri123 wrote: »
    I have been playing MMos since Meridian 59 (1996) I saw a tons of waporware, I could easily afford $400, if I wanted to, but I will wait until open beta. Its been in development since 2015, hopefully they will finish some day.

There's currently no plan for an open beta, but I'm sure there'll be plenty of creators and kickstarters throwing out beta 2 keys when it rolls around.
    lsb9nxihx5vc.png
  • Options
    NateDogg187NateDogg187 Member
    edited January 23
    I bought the beta 1-2 pack last week. I figured, well hoped really, that I'll be playing something long term by Q3 of this year. The problem was me assuming A2 would be for only a month or so and I wouldn't have the time to break off what I'm doing. When I saw it was until launch, I quickly spent the extra money to get A2, I'm thankful they allow upgrades. Having beta tested T&L, and seeing it is a 1-2 month game tops (max leveled in under a week of casual/work week by myself - I was hoping they'd make leveling 3x harder but apparently they didn't in S Korea, ppl level maxed quick), I'm very happy I got A2. AoC is basically my dream game with all of the systems and open pvp/flag system. I've always wanted an L2 mechanics mixed with Aion's combat MMO, but this could actually be better.
  • Options
    MahesMahes Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I have always wanted an EvE Online(Space based MMO) with a fantasy setting. I am hoping this game goes a long way towards that idea.
  • Options

copium-pepe.gif

Keep inhaling brother.
    Your faith will be rewarded.
    I am sure of it. Together we rise.
    6h4yddoh6t31.jpg