Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

When a METRO gets destroyed?

AbaratAbarat Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
edited January 19 in General Discussion
Ok. There is a lot of talk about node sieges, etc. But, what happens when a Metropolis gets destroyed. It might be a bit more complex than, at least I, previously thought.

When a fully developed METRO is destroyed... two tier 5 nodes will be exactly tied on development. It will be a race to see which node reaches Tier 6 first... in other words, which node type will achieve Metropolis first and, therefore, gain control of the AoI (locking out the METRO benefits of other node types).

Let's say not everyone agrees with the node type that is advancing first...or they have a strong desire for a particular Node Type to advance. Could there be node warfare which forces a node type to METRO level in a way that is not good for the citizens of that node or aoi? For example, enemy players actively working to advance the node type that is disadvantageous for the aoi.

I think there will be NODE TYPE (Divine, Economic, Military, Scientific) wars.

Comments

• Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    I mean, yeah.

This has long been talked about as one of the main reasons why nodes at metropolis would be sieged - and not just for people in those nodes.

Sieging and destroying an economic metropolis and leveling up a nearby scientific node will have serverwide reprocussions.
  • Options
    I dont think vassal nodes are allowed to seige the mother node which is a bit of a shame sadly so u kinda gotta wait or pay somone to seige it for u so u can advance.
    I feel you should be able to do a civil war and declar or a node 1 rank above you so ur able to progress ur node however there should be a downside if u loose maybe getting deleveled in return back a stage
  • Options
    Node advancement depends on contributions of and participation by players.
    So either the desire for two particular Node type is equally high so they advance at equal speed or one outpaces the other, leading to its advancement before the competing Node reaches the threshold.
    The answer is probably >>> HERE <<<
  • Options
    NiKrNiKr Member
    Veeshan wrote: »
    I dont think vassal nodes are allowed to seige the mother node which is a bit of a shame sadly so u kinda gotta wait or pay somone to seige it for u so u can advance.
    I feel you should be able to do a civil war and declar or a node 1 rank above you so ur able to progress ur node however there should be a downside if u loose maybe getting deleveled in return back a stage
    I think that pushing people to socialize outside of their node at this scale is a good thing. It will also lead to more overall drama, cause there's gonna be more people involved in such a huge change.
  • Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Node Type wars is a primary motivation - yes.
    And, one of those Stage 5 Nodes might also be destroyed to ensure it's the other one that becomesthe Metro.
  • Options
    I wants me on that airship; Will be supporting any vs. Node level 6 wars on my server against ANY non-Scientific Metros, to ensure there are always at least 2 Science Metros that are alive and well.

• Options
    OtrOtr Member
    Abarat wrote: »
    When a fully developed METRO is destroyed... two tier 5 nodes will be exactly tied on development. It will be a race to see which node reaches Tier 6 first...

https://youtu.be/4XLJelgfO3g?t=4115
  • Options
    Otr wrote: »
    Abarat wrote: »
    When a fully developed METRO is destroyed... two tier 5 nodes will be exactly tied on development. It will be a race to see which node reaches Tier 6 first...

https://youtu.be/4XLJelgfO3g?t=4115

Thank you. Very helpful.
  • Options
    On Danger of sounding boring here,

if i can be part of a cool LvL 3 Node or maybe above that, in the Region of my Choice - with the Players of my Choice, with our great, collective Culture/Race Print of our Choice - why should i care if my Node is a Metropolis or not ? ;)

Where our cool Du'nir Dwarves yet ? Where our cool Kaela Viking-like Villages at ? 😁
    a50whcz343yn.png
  • Options
    Because a Metro gives different mobs, dungeons, raids, quests and events for the entire server based on Node Type.
    What you can and can't do based the Node Type of the Metro will still impact your gameplay significantly - even if you aren't a citizen of that Metro.
  • Options
    edited January 20
    @Dygz
    My man... for a guy that will not play this game (at the very least, not play it the way it is intended, although your message has migrated a bit and I suspect it will again if the game is good), you sure have some f**king staying power here. Respect.

I have missed your show in the recent weeks. I hope that everything is well you with you and others on the Ashen Forge.
  • Options
    Break for the holidays.
    We should be back to regular schedule in Feb.
    <3
  • Options
    nanfoodlenanfoodle Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    Myself, I look forward to the conflict. The fact I can take a break from Ashes and come back to an entirely different world to explore.