Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Warming Up With Lineage 2

2»

Comments

• Options
    NiKrNiKr Member
    Not in my experience. I've been playin Lineage 2 Classic on a public server and A and D are strafe by default
    Is there footage of that somewhere? I doubt any streamer plays WASD, so looking up streams would be pointless. And I already posted a video from a private classic server where it wasn't strafing (I didn't change any settings).

Can you record the game if you have access to it? And if its fp2 then give me the link and I can check it, if you can't record it.
  • Options
    patrick68794patrick68794 Member
    edited January 26
    NiKr wrote: »
    Not in my experience. I've been playin Lineage 2 Classic on a public server and A and D are strafe by default
    Is there footage of that somewhere? I doubt any streamer plays WASD, so looking up streams would be pointless. And I already posted a video from a private classic server where it wasn't strafing (I didn't change any settings).

Can you record the game if you have access to it? And if its fp2 then give me the link and I can check it, if you can't record it.

I'm playing the official version of L2 Classic on a public server. Just have to create an NCSoft account if you don't have one, download the NC launcher, and then download the game. When you select your world/server there are a couple of L2 Classic servers available. Visually it's not "strafing" in the sense that your character faces the camera direction and moves sideways but functionally it's the same thing, especially in a tab targeting based game. The keybinds are even labeled "go left/right" and the descriptions say "character or mount moves to the left/right"

The strafe left/right keybinds in WoW work exactly the same (I think in WoW they're Q and E by default though)
  • Options
    xDracxDrac Member
    edited January 26
    Whoa! I also just started playing Lineage 2 again, and it's been an absolute blast!
    I can wholeheartedly recommend L2Reborn (x10 Interlude) server, but any of theirs will do!
    It's so massively populated, it's absolutely ridiculous! Feels like the game just came out again haha.
    (little tip, if you do decide to check it out... make a mage! It's a lot easier to level up than a fighter with the sheer amount of people playing atm)
  • Options
    xDrac wrote: »
    Whoa! I also just started playing Lineage 2 again, and it's been an absolute blast!
    I can wholeheartedly recommend L2Reborn (x10 Interlude) server, but any of theirs will do!
    It's so massively populated, it's absolutely ridiculous! Feels like the game just came out again haha.
    (little tip, if you do decide to check it out... make a mage! It's a lot easier to level up than a fighter with the sheer amount of people playing atm)

i was gonna play there for funsies but the game wouldnt launch on my pc >:(
  • Options
    NiKrNiKr Member
    Visually it's not "strafing" in the sense that your character faces the camera direction and moves sideways
    Ok, so it's simply not strafing and just running to the side, just as it is in the video I posted. Good to know.

I can't install L2C from official sources because fuck NCsoft (they don't provide their cervices for non-BnS games in Ukraine) :)
  • Options
    xDracxDrac Member
    Depraved wrote: »

Wouldn't launch as in what was the problem?
  • Options
    Dukien wrote: »
    Would you pals say it's a good idea to play some Lineage 2 to warm up in these months before Alpha2 since Ashes of Creation is highly inspired by its design compared to other MMORPGs?
    I'm currently mainly on Guild Wars 2, which looks kinda similar, but maybe some L2 would be more accurate, I don't know.
    Thoughts?

stick with gw2 .lineage 2 is meh
  • Options
    Depraved wrote: »

Wouldn't launch as in what was the problem?

i fixed it lol
  • Options
    HughJardon wrote: »
    You can't strafe in L2. A and D rotate you.

I played since retail OB. It's click to move. WASD moves forward and rotates