Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Well ain't that the Truth ... ... ( waiting Neckbeard-Status/Culture ) (lol)

AszkalonAszkalon Member
edited January 24 in General Discussion
After being bugged to look at a certain Man's Wisdom for several Years now, my Patience finally snapped and i entered a certain Phrase into Auntie Google, inside Quotation Marks.

" The Neckbeards aren't gone. "

(lol)
H~aaah. Why must it be Reddit of all Places ? I am reminded of this damn Cantina Bar in Mos Eisley in Star Wars, whenever i see Reddit, or Gods below - Tik Tok.

Welp, here is the Notorious Comment.

I tell people, right... "MMOs are a dying genre!" etc. It's like 10 million people. Like today WoW was number one on Twitch. It was above League of Legends, it was above everything. The reason for that is, because the neckbeards aren't gone. They are waiting.

We are waiting. We are not sitting there...you know we haven't grown up. There are a lot of guys, that...they are waiting for a game, that they can waste their life on and feel good about it...and vanilla WoW delivered that. Burning Crusade delivered that. Wrath of the Lich King still did kind of delivered that, and that's been something that has been eroded.

But that core element, that visceral need to succeed and to be part of something and to enjoy an MMO in the way we did with vanilla WoW is not something, that can be replaced with League of Legends. That is something that people will wait for until the ends of time. And they did with vanilla WoW and they are still waiting right now.

~ the neckbeards aren't gone. They are waiting. ~

Well ain't that the f~in Truth. Curses. No matter how often and how clean i shave my neck, i feel addressed. (lol hahahahah)

Aren't in fact many of us in such a Position ? We loved playing a fresh, good Experience for the first time. We entered an MMO and this amazing World was there for us to explore and find our Place inside in.

How many of us aim for the exact same, good Amount of Dopamine by exploring the World of Verra just the same ?
And find our Place inside it ?
If i would like to have a thicc beard (lol), i would wear it like this ... ... ^^

0e1qzktccn3q.jpg

The Quote is from the very known VideoGame-Jesus of Texas, Asmongold. 😁

: https://www.reddit.com/r/classicwow/comments/9tiwqo/until_the_ends_of_time_asmongold/
a50whcz343yn.png

Comments

• Options
    Most gamers usually end up spoiling their first play throughs by watching streamers, guides or even how to video's on YouTube etc. It's usually just the same shit but different pile.
  • Options
    Most gamers usually end up spoiling their first play throughs by watching streamers, guides or even how to video's on YouTube etc. It's usually just the same shit but different pile.

While i immediately get what you mean with mentioning this - i just can't understand why People would do something, that literally takes part of their Fun away when venturing through a cool Videogame World. o.Ô
    a50whcz343yn.png
  • Options
    Aszkalon wrote: »

While i immediately get what you mean with mentioning this - i just can't understand why People would do something, that literally takes part of their Fun away when venturing through a cool Videogame World. o.Ô

For what few games that actually interest me these days, I play them blind (especially for my first play through). There's a loss of magic in games these day because of how dependent gamers are with spoilers/guides. That said, Ashes will be no different. People will pick it clean for content and how to min/max their play time. Does not matter if the neck beard meme/comment has any actual weight to it anymore. Just reality unfortunately.
  • Options
    I greatly enjoy " Enshrouded " right now, Enigmatic Sage. Especially Dripyula and me since we played V Rising and enjoy building our cool Mansions and Castles a lot. :D
    a50whcz343yn.png