Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

When is this game coming out?

I have lurked in the shadows for to long!!!

Comments

  • 2030
  • NiKrNiKr Member
    Yes
  • HinotoriHinotori Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
  • Undead CanuckUndead Canuck Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    When Steven says it is ready.
  • MybroViajeroMybroViajero Member
    edited January 28
    AoC is already launched, you are playing PvP on the forum, discord and reddit.

    Check out the DPS meter Megathread topic in the forum , it's pure open world PvP.
    EDym4eg.png
  • Alpha 2 is Q3 of this year.

    Steven is also quoted in saying that once Alpha 2 concludes, beta 1 & 2 will be following not far behind, as most of the model of the game should be solidly in place.

    So I'd say 25' or 26 at the latest for full official release. What we do know though is that progress is going along at an accelerated pace and Intrepid is very pleased with their progression as of late, so that is a positive sign.

    Tune in this upcoming Wednesday (the 31st) for any further development updates. Steven and Margaret will be streaming on Twitch with some fun gameplay footage also! :)
    I am obsessed with anything magic.

  • daewulf wrote: »
    When is this game coming out ?

    My honest Guess is and stays " Autumn 2025 " right now,

    because at the End(?) of September 2023, Sir Steven announced that the Game will not be "YEAR/S*" away, right ? Years as in plural.

    So if the Game is not even 2 Years away < - > because "Plural" - meaning it is at Maximum a time like 1 Year and 364(!) Days,


    this means it would be 2 Years Minus One Day, right ? If it would be around the Time of when September ends in 2025 -> it would be the very early start of Autumn.



    I am never really sure what i should think about the Fact, that everyone usually completely ignores it, when i mention this.

    I mean,
    am i off or something ? Did i misplace this Memory by a Month into the Past or Future ? Is it late Autumn or late October ??


    But then again, who really cares ? All we know is, that it will still take a lot of time.
    0blpmydr0qkc.png
  • Aszkalon wrote: »
    daewulf wrote: »
    When is this game coming out ?

    My honest Guess is and stays " Autumn 2025 " right now,

    because at the End(?) of September 2023, Sir Steven announced that the Game will not be "YEAR/S*" away, right ? Years as in plural.


    Didn't he say that Alpha 2 wasn't years away? I can't see a 2025 release when alpha 2 goes live Q3 2024
  • Aszkalon wrote: »
    daewulf wrote: »
    When is this game coming out ?
    My honest Guess is and stays " Autumn 2025 " right now,
    because at the End(?) of September 2023, Sir Steven announced that the Game will not be "YEAR/S*" away, right ? Years as in plural.

    Didn't he say that Alpha 2 wasn't years away? I can't see a 2025 release when alpha 2 goes live Q3 2024

    Yep, Alpha 2 was not years away, Steven did not talk about the finished game and thinking about what they have to test during the Alpha, I'd say it would be surprising if that phase would be shorter than 2 years. Just seeing the Node succession cycle play out "naturally" will take an aweful lot of time.

    I'd guess that the earliest would be late 2026 if things go extremely smooth from here on out (which I don't think will be the case) but I am more inclined to say late 2027 to mid 2028. And even that with only mild conviction.
    The answer is probably >>> HERE <<<
  • akabearakabear Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    If Beta is two or more years, I imagine there will be fall off... so "soon-ish" is the revised "soon"
  • Aszkalon wrote: »
    daewulf wrote: »
    When is this game coming out ?

    My honest Guess is and stays " Autumn 2025 " right now,

    because at the End(?) of September 2023, Sir Steven announced that the Game will not be "YEAR/S*" away, right ? Years as in plural.


    Didn't he say that Alpha 2 wasn't years away? I can't see a 2025 release when alpha 2 goes live Q3 2024

    Alpha 2 starts in Q3 this year barring any delays. So at most 8 months from now
  • DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Before 2030
  • nanfoodlenanfoodle Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    edited January 31
    Alpha 2 and Beta 1 and 2 are left. 3/4 of 2024 is when A2 starts if it's on time. Most Alpha 2 takes normally takes a year-ish. Beta 1 maybe 6 months + and beta 2 will be a big stress test. So 3 months if nothing gets broken. If the stress test finds flaws from a large population playing. Could add another 3 months. This A2 ride could start as early as July if it's on time. MMOs are rarely on time. My 23 years of MMOing and testing them. My guess, maybe 2 years if everything runs smooth.
  • nanfoodlenanfoodle Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    akabear wrote: »
    If Beta is two or more years, I imagine there will be fall off... so "soon-ish" is the revised "soon"

    If the game launches 2 years from now two things to note. 1 that would be launching a MMO of this size in a timely manner. 2 Many people will shut up and just play the game. Forum warriors will stop bashing and just pay a monthly sub to have some fun.
  • tautautautau Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    The Beta 1 and 2 tests will not last long:

    "The Beta-1 and Beta-2 testing phases of Ashes of Creation will be short.[1]

    The game is intended to be feature-complete before Beta-1.[2]"

    And they will run parallel with the end of Alpha 2:

    "Alpha-2 will last until launch and will run in parallel with Beta-1 and Beta-2.[26][29]
    Alpha-2 is intended to exist up until launch. There's going to be different testing periods that we will be releasing either new content locations or zones or systems that we want to have players focus in on. In those situations, if we're having participation drought because of the length of Alpha-2, we can set them up in a more focused setting. We can even incentivize that. We can offer unique testing to potentially new testers as well.[26] – Steven Sharif"

    Also, with regards to the comment above about the need for a long Alpha 2 to get the nodes to high levels, I think this may not be necessary. High level nodes could be automatically created by the devs, perhaps connected with one of the server wipes. So, after a few months of A2 we may log in one day and "POP" the nodes are level 5+ and our levels might be upped comparatively as well...for test purposes.
  • tautau wrote: »
    The Beta 1 and 2 tests will not last long:

    "The Beta-1 and Beta-2 testing phases of Ashes of Creation will be short.[1]

    The game is intended to be feature-complete before Beta-1.[2]"

    And they will run parallel with the end of Alpha 2:

    "Alpha-2 will last until launch and will run in parallel with Beta-1 and Beta-2.[26][29]
    Alpha-2 is intended to exist up until launch. There's going to be different testing periods that we will be releasing either new content locations or zones or systems that we want to have players focus in on. In those situations, if we're having participation drought because of the length of Alpha-2, we can set them up in a more focused setting. We can even incentivize that. We can offer unique testing to potentially new testers as well.[26] – Steven Sharif"

    Also, with regards to the comment above about the need for a long Alpha 2 to get the nodes to high levels, I think this may not be necessary. High level nodes could be automatically created by the devs, perhaps connected with one of the server wipes. So, after a few months of A2 we may log in one day and "POP" the nodes are level 5+ and our levels might be upped comparatively as well...for test purposes.

    To be honest they'll probably just change XP/drop/progression rates at some point towards the end of the alpha or in one of the betas to speed things up if they intend to fully test metropolis nodes in alpha or beta (they may only test those internally)
  • Game is still in the closet apparently. :lol:
Sign In or Register to comment.