Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Too.... many.... *HUMANS*, in the previews!

I *think* we saw 1 Elven mage, in the counter-party's POI video cuts - but it might also have just been the helmet the fellow was wearing.

Didn't spot a single Dwarf, even though we've seen them in the previews, before. I know Verra's a fictional world, but there's something to be said about "equal opportunity" policies....

Comments

• Options
    NiKrNiKr Member
    I'd imagine those are getting reworked and might be currently borked :)
  • Options
    maybe its related to the region? and in the other regions we will see the others a lot
    PvE means: A handful of coins and a bag of boredom.
  • Options
    Let the people play what they want even if they all want to play Humans whats the problem ?
    it wasnt a race showcase today maybe they reworked the other races.
    uwu
  • Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited February 1
    The Dünir have been in the process of being reworked for over 2.5 years.

There were some Vek and some Py'Rai, I think, but probably were wearing Helms.
    We don't necessarily need to see a "Race showcase", but it would be nice to compare the height of Dünir against some of the taller Races.
  • Options
    VaknarVaknar Moderator, Member, Staff
    Only Vek and Kaelar were turned on for this test :) We're excited to show off some other races, as well as feature races previously showcased, in future Dev Updates!
    community_management.gif
  • Options
    Rather than the race of the character, I was curious as to why so many of them looked the same. It is an optimisation thing? Many of the characters had on the same set. I assume this is to improve performance?
  • Options
    Some to show guild affiliation or group affiliation.
    Some because it's the coolest new outfit to demo...
  • Options
    I *think* we saw 1 Elven mage, in the counter-party's POI video cuts - but it might also have just been the helmet the fellow was wearing.

Didn't spot a single Dwarf, even though we've seen them in the previews, before. I know Verra's a fictional world, but there's something to be said about "equal opportunity" policies....

Clearly racism.... Only logical answer :lol:
  • Options
    DiamahtDiamaht Member, Braver of Worlds, Alpha One

Im sure there were dwarves there. You just can't see them over the grass and bushes.

Plus the river was at least waist high so no chance there.
  • Options
    The unopened crates were full of dwarves.

They were meant to break out in a surprise counterattack but were drunk and fell asleep.

The girl watched the last of the creatures die and murmured a soft 'Thank you' to her rescuer.

The stranger's eyes lifted to the blood red cloud on the horizon.

'We have to move. It's not safe here.'
  • Options
    edited February 1
    it was humans and vek in the showcase . only these 2 races
    ykwk7qwgw5os.jpg
  • Options
    If you're testing one specific thing, it makes sense to keep as much of everything else as similar as possible, so there's less chance of that everything else affecting your testing.

You've been here long enough to know that it's still a work in progress. Let it unfold naturally.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    This was a demo; not a test.
  • Options
    Dygz wrote: »
    This was a demo; not a test.

Everything is a test at the moment.
  • Options
    Not really.
  • Options
    I believe they don't have animation for all classes yet, amongst other reasons, I'm sure. Doesn't mean they aren't coming along.
  • Options
    Diamaht wrote: »
    Im sure there were dwarves there. You just can't see them over the grass and bushes.

Plus the river was at least waist high so no chance there.

Haha! Yours truly has always thought that the natural bouyancy of fictional, DnD/Tolkien-esk Dwarves would cause them to sink like a stone. It's why gorillas can't swim, IRL.

• Options
    bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I agree with the OP.
    To many humans not enough Tulnar.
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • Options
    I agree with the OP.
    To many humans not enough Tulnar.

Nah, the horses they had there were able to pull the caravan sufficiently well. They didn't need Tulnar slaves to do it instead.
  • Options
    Too.... many.... *HUMANS*, in the previews!

Right ?? This lack of Tulnar, Dunir and Ren'Kai and Vek' !!

This must have been HUMAN Supremacists (lol) who made this Video !! This lack of Diversity shows the utter Disdain for pointy Ears and mighty Teeth. :D
    a50whcz343yn.png
  • Options
    Want to see The VEK and Dunir Dwarves! Death to the humans!