Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Musical Synergy in AoC

As someone who is both, a musician, and has played Archeage, both pre and post 2.0, I would like to know if music will be in the same key, or will be developed in a key that can synergize with a key that is the main. The reason why I ask, is because often times, conflicting keys will result in:

1: Musically annoying gameplay
2: Will result in many people muting that section of the Audio Options

Maybe I'm alone in this, but personally, I would love to finally see some musical synergy in a game I love. Feel free to bully me or whatever as a musician, but musically, if you intend to take music and environment seriously, this is something you need to think about.

PS: Making music synergize with each other with massively entice musicians to inspire and credit music with this game. Yeah, it's "dumb", as your community like to remind me of, but this is the musical reality.
Love the game!! And thank you for all your hard work! <3

Comments

• Options
    NiKrNiKr Member
    As not a musical person, I got no damn clue what ya talking about. I can point you to this composer
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Bear_McCreary
    And tell you to check out the stuff he's done and see if he's done what you're asking for.

Unless Steven goes back on this promise, Bear is supposed to be the Lead Composer for Ashes.

On the general note of "music in games", I'm a hardcore Genshin enjoyer and music there is divine. Now, I'm not asking to replicate a $multibillion company's genius composer (with several other superb people), but having some accordingly-culturally inspired themes for races would be amazing.
  • Options
    pizzagodpizzagod Member
    edited February 1
    pizzagod wrote: »
    As someone who is both, a musician, and has played Archeage, both pre and post 2.0, I would like to know if music will be in the same key, or will be developed in a key that can synergize with a key that is the main. The reason why I ask, is because often times, conflicting keys will result in:

Maybe I'm alone in this, but personally, I would love to finally see some musical synergy in a game I love. Feel free to bully me or whatever as a musician, but musically, if you intend to take music and environment seriously, this is something you need to think about.

PS: Making music synergize with each other with massively entice musicians to inspire and credit music with this game. Yeah, it's "dumb", as your community like to remind me of, but this is the musical reality.

This has nothing to do with "live streams" btw, on twitch or whatever tf y'all use. This is a question about music. This is not a response to pre-existing publicly shown ideas, based on the lack of knowledge that was provided to me. If there is another thread that is more suitable, please redirect me.

- also apologies for my lack of understanding of English, this is not my first language and am not native to it. Please be patient with me! ^^
  • Options
    NiKr wrote: »
    As not a musical person, I got no damn clue what ya talking about. I can point you to this composer
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Bear_McCreary
    And tell you to check out the stuff he's done and see if he's done what you're asking for.

Unless Steven goes back on this promise, Bear is supposed to be the Lead Composer for Ashes.

On the general note of "music in games", I'm a hardcore Genshin enjoyer and music there is divine. Now, I'm not asking to replicate a $multibillion company's genius composer (with several other superb people), but having some accordingly-culturally inspired themes for races would be amazing.

Maybe I should find a way to speak to him directly then. I'm no one important, just a local musician in a small town that reads and listens a lot. Thank you for your lead, It's a lot of help! ^^
  • Options
    pizzagod wrote: »

Having a group of four Bards all playing in different keys could be rather unpleasant, for sure.

If there are multiple tunes all playing at once for different buffs, and the tunes don't complement each other, it could very easily become a "STFU BARDS" moment! :D
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    mobtekmobtek Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    Just gimme an option to either midi upload to the instrument or direct midi support so I can re-write some of my pieces for instruments in game ;)
    My dreams for an in-game battle harpsichord or virginal are just that :p hell while I'm dreaming I even want change a=440Hz to a=415Hz hehehe (that's just different tunings btw)
    being able to play for others using a manual rather than the 'keyboard' would be amazing hehe
    Maybe later on an expert mode for instruments in game. Us amateurs would be composing some music for playing in Taverns and busking for sure :)
    for example
    ugv9toaa9apd.png

• Options
    well, practical deduction would conclusively suggest synchronisation for all instruments based on their role in the song/music/dance within the group/raid with proximity to prevent several groups songs overlapping. A simple toggle option for the group with song/music/dance preferences and personally for players to listen to it if they want to based on the primary archetype.