Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Cinematics

ChicagoChicago Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
Would anyone else be interested in seeing cinematics made by intrepid sort of like they did for wow classic tbc and wrath, I feel it would be a cool way to see some of the lore, classes and world and if done properly they become timeless, what's peoples thoughts

Comments

• Options
    Chicago wrote: »
    Would anyone else be interested in seeing cinematics made by intrepid sort of like they did for wow classic tbc and wrath, I feel it would be a cool way to see some of the lore, classes and world and if done properly they become timeless, what's peoples thoughts

Most likely to come out when Ashes is live, Steve's been keeping the LORE pretty close to his chest
    rvid9f6vp7vl.png
  • Options
    VyrilVyril Member
    Yes?

But, don't need them.
  • Options
    CROW3CROW3 Member
    Definitely - good way to establish tone and ground us in lore.
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options
    ChicagoChicago Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Pyrolol wrote: »

Most likely to come out when Ashes is live, Steve's been keeping the LORE pretty close to his chest

Would be a nice wayto build hype pre launch, I'd love to see something that shows off all the classes
  • Options
    George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited February 3
    Waste of resources. Eventually, to attract new customers.
  • Options
    Pyrolol wrote: »

if you look on the wiki you can see they're doing the common story trope for pantheon of gods, celestial powers/realms, rise and fall of civilisations throughout time, calamites and events. Wouldn't really say there is to much to the chest except for the tangential story threads to pull on for specific names.

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/The_Essence
  • Options
    Waste of resources. Eventually, to attract new customers.

They probably do have the resources. Probably just see intro cinematic and/or expansion intro cinematics. I wouldn't expect much more than that currently.
  • Options
    No. I'd rather they spent time on content
  • Options
    Would only support this if it were done in the UE5 game-engine they are already using. Both DnD and SWTOR hired-out 3rd parties to make their cinematics, and that's money that could just be going towards further game-content development efforts.

• Options
    edited February 3
    I would 100% support launch + expansion trailers like in ESO made by outsourcing agency; Blur Studio. They do such a phenomenal job setting the tone for each expansion and makes everyone tune in to announcement livestream every year just to watch them. "I don't want them spending money on that"... These trailers not only gets existing players excited to play, but it also gets studios boardmembers/shareholders excited.

Ashes deserves a proper EPIC launch. So I support a full stylized launch trailer.

Intro below is from their recent chapter (expansion) announcement in January, 2024.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ou-ZqYZVrjA
    m6jque7ofxxf.gif
  • Options
    edited February 3
    HughJardon wrote: »

No trailers are EVER done in-house... Same with film studios. It's all outsourced from post-production/AV agencies. Ex, most Disney trailers are done by Bond Studios or Midnight Oil.
    m6jque7ofxxf.gif
  • Options
    CROW3CROW3 Member
    HughJardon wrote: »

Establishing story is content.

AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options
    Absolutely cinematics would be amazing for this game. I remember the extreme amounts of hype surrounding WoW's cinematic trailers for their expansions and the same for other MMOs like Final Fantasy XIV.
  • Options
    I would 100% support launch + expansion trailers like in ESO made by outsourcing agency; Blur Studio. They do such a phenomenal job setting the tone for each expansion and makes everyone tune in to announcement livestream every year just to watch them.

While i sometimes miss to have a clearly oversightly, chronological Order -> i was always a huge Fan of the long Cinematics of ESO.

Since the "newest"(?) Ones - and in which a Breton(?) Knight fought all Three of these Cinematic-Maincharacters and kicked lots and lots of Asses,

( also another Person here who is simping on how cool the Knight managed his Greatsword in Battle ),

i am down for such cool Cinematics. One could do it like in World of WoW-Token Craft. Bring like One such a Cinematic each Expansion or so. Maybe one for the End(?) of each Expansion as well.

Not only "Nord-Guy" was at least once punched so hard from the Knight, that he could see Elderscrolls 6.
    I was as well. The Animation absolutely rocked.
    a50whcz343yn.png
  • Options
    Certainly would like these. Whether that is per expansion or maybe the start of a season as it were. The fact they are not doing voice acting and such though idk if they want to use funds towards such a cause yet. We shall see. I am all for ways to explain the lore of the land any way I can learn it
  • Options
    Would we not need to have a lot more of the game finished before they even think about this?
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Cinematic_events
    south-park-rabble-rabble-rabbl-53b58d315aa49.jpg
  • Options
    I mean sure I'd like them, but I'd prefer to see the money spent on the game development.
  • Options
    i4x2opljm45e.gif
    a50whcz343yn.png