Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Unbeatable Boss Concept

I propose a singular boss hidden away, not core to the game, that is so difficult it would take a party of the most skilled players in each class with perfect teamwork to beat as an ultimate test of skill. Rewarding a one time soul bound overlord player title or special mount for those dictated enough.

To make such a pioneering boss, the boss itself would need to be a playable character, so the devs can build a boss with unique skills and powers that play like a real evil deity would. Then train an AI to play millions of matches until it becomes a near god-like being. This would create a boss that has reasonable common sense, so if it had a strong ability, it would use it straight off the bat and throughout the whole fight.

As a programmer myself, I do understand that the difficulty in training the boss AI is having decent player AI’s to train against, that is about the only challenge in creating such an AI system.

Comments

• Options
    neural-net-processor-terminator2.gif
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    wakkytabbakywakkytabbaky Member
    edited February 5
    *excited programmer screaming* Behold we have finally created the most intelligent and perfect Ai. Whats it used for you asked, it is solely used to control an unkillable boss in AoC
  • Options
    I would say it should be a spiral tower with infinite levels, difficulty only ramps up until everybody is dead
    PvE means: A handful of coins and a bag of boredom.
  • Options
    VeeshanVeeshan Member
    edited February 6
    I like the sleeper from Everquest that was spose to be a 1 time boss that was unkillabel so unkillable the devs didnt even give it a loot table but on the last server a pvp server at that it was defeated :P

i do realy want to see one time server events or rediculously hard to kill bosses and all that :p

like imagine if there was an event where if X node dominate arch texture is X race and X requirments were reach something realy bad would happen that might cause that city to get destroyed if not completed :p would be like a memorable ohh shit moment :D
    Like imagine if a node in the mountain and if it a dwarf node and it gets to many artifacts it might awaken a belrog or dragon to come and try and destroy it aka node gets destroyed and become a dragons or balrog den until the world boss is defeated it can never progress from rubble
  • Options
    Wow, as an avid Reddit user, too not be downvoted to hell and insulted for a dumb idea is mind-blowing. Thanks for the replies.

I have been playing a heap of Diablo 4 and a little Lost Ark recently, and Lost Ark has blown me away with its combat. Diablo 4 is a big disappointment in comparison. So an AI is not needed and replacing Lost Ark would be fine. I would still play lots, but a boss that could dodge, use strategic positioning or target specific annoying players along with typical boss abilities would be an interesting concept.