Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Bounty Hunters

ILLPeonUILLPeonU Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
Do we want to see bounty hunting specifically for Corrupted players?

OR would you like to see a option to place them on people who have wronged you? IE: Caravan Attackers who just ganked all your hard work.

TwitchTV Streamer: The Hidden Dagger Inn Saturday's 5:00 PM Cst
7wg8px59ktyc.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/@TheHiddenDaggerInn/featured

Comments

• Options
    Caravan raiding is part of the game design though, purposely grieving lower level players and camping them is completely different and is the main focus of the corruption system
    rvid9f6vp7vl.png
  • Options
    NiKrNiKr Member
    Corrupted only. No need to make a system-based bully feature.
  • Options
    Arya_YesheArya_Yeshe Member
    edited February 6
    Limiting bounty hunters to act only against corrupted individuals would be detrimental to this type of content, resulting in a lackluster experience akin to EVE's kill rights system.

In Ashes of Creation, there's a notable absence of tracking the gold loss suffered by victims based on the extent and costliness of their gear repairs. For instance, if a player is killed by another player and their gear requires repairs costing 2000 gold, who collects this gold? Currently, no one does, the gold disapears and there is no receipt.

Implementing a system where bounty hunters can collect gold based on the gold needed to repair the victim's gear would add depth to gameplay. This system could be employed against corrupted individuals, enemies of the state, war targets, and even nodes could hire bounty hunters as mercenaries to bolster their lines.

Mayors could enact policies to allocate large sums of gold, such as one million, to pay hunters to eliminate war targets. This could pave the way for players to establish real mercenary guilds akin to the Golden Company from Game of Thrones. By knowing the repair costs of defeated players' gear, hunters could receive a percentage of the gold as a reward kill by kill until that one milion gold is consumed.

Guilds could open their coffers to their members and reward them based on their war kills. I fought a war in EVE recently and my CEO rewarded everybody who got kills in the war, I parcipated in 19 out of 20 kills, it feels awesome.

Dedicated hunters would target players with valuable gear and high bounties, forming hunting parties to eliminate such targets. This system could also be applied to pirates; if pirates destroy ships or wagons, the extent of their banditry could be measured based on the repair costs incurred by their victims.

This system certainly isn't a gold faucet; the gold has already been spent on repairs. Later on, when a bounty hunter eliminates his target, it results in yet another loss of gold. Both the victim and the criminal suffer a loss of gold, with a portion paid to the bounty hunter. This amplifies the system as a significant gold sink, increasing the overall loss pool and it will still feel organic and natural, it would be intrusive like taxes in the auction house. Nevertheless, it ultimately benefits the economy by incentivizing combat. If a criminal with a high bounty is killed while wearing no gear, the bounty hunter receives no payment.

Without a record of past events, there can be no accurate projection of future content.
    PvE means: A handful of coins and a bag of boredom.
  • Options
    ILLPeonU wrote: »
    Do we want to see bounty hunting specifically for Corrupted players?

OR would you like to see a option to place them on people who have wronged you? IE: Caravan Attackers who just ganked all your hard work.

There's no reason you can't offer your own rewards to mercenary groups. They're not Bounty Hunters, though, they're just plain Mercenaries.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    I made a solid post here about why bounty hunters should hunt more than just corrupted and voilá! The post needs approval before it can be read by others
  • Options
    Arya_YesheArya_Yeshe Member
    edited February 6
    @ILLPeonU, I really appreciate your takes in the forum so don't miss my post here!

I will try to recreate my own post that is hidden above:

Limiting bounties to only corrupted individuals would be detrimental to this type of content, resulting in a lackluster experience akin to EVE's kill rights system.

In Ashes of Creation, there's a notable absence of tracking the gold loss suffered by victims based on the extent and costliness of their gear repairs. For instance, if a player is killed by another player and their gear requires repairs costing 2000 gold, who collects this gold? Currently, no one does.

Implementing a system where bounty hunters can collect gold based on the damage inflicted on the target's gear would add depth to gameplay. This system could be employed against corrupted individuals, enemies of the state, war targets, and even nodes could hire bounty hunters as mercenaries to bolster their defenses.

Mayors could enact policies to allocate large sums of gold, such as one million, to pay hunters to eliminate war targets. This could pave the way for players to establish real mercenary guilds akin to the Golden Company from Game of Thrones. By knowing the repair costs of defeated players' gear, hunters could receive a percentage of the gold as a reward.

True hunters would target players with valuable gear and high bounties, forming hunting parties to pursue these lucrative targets. This system could also be applied to pirates; if pirates destroy ships or wagons, the extent of their banditry could be measured based on the repair costs incurred by their victims.

This system certainly isn't a gold faucet; the gold has already been spent on repairs, and there's potential for gold to change hands in various transactions. However, when a bounty hunter eliminates their target, it results in yet another loss of gold. Both the victim and the criminal suffer a loss of gold, with a portion paid to the bounty hunter. This amplifies the system as a significant gold sink, increasing the overall loss pool. Nevertheless, it ultimately benefits the economy by incentivizing combat. If a criminal with a high bounty is killed while wearing no gear, the bounty hunter receives no payment.

Without a record of past events, there can be no accurate projection of future content.

• Options
    This bounty hunter talk made me think about player made quest, not necessarily related to killing specific player or even killing at all.
  • Options
    ILLPeonUILLPeonU Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Arya_Yeshe wrote: »
    @ILLPeonU, I really appreciate your takes in the forum so don't miss my post here!

I will try to recreate my own post that is hidden above:

Limiting bounties to only corrupted individuals would be detrimental to this type of content, resulting in a lackluster experience akin to EVE's kill rights system.

Yes I agree, I would like to see some different implementations for BH's, that being said this was just shooting spitballs. I'm more than patient to see how their current idea works out. This is just something to keep in the back of their mind.

I just don't want BH's to have to look to hard for work :)
    TwitchTV Streamer: The Hidden Dagger Inn Saturday's 5:00 PM Cst
    7wg8px59ktyc.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/@TheHiddenDaggerInn/featured