Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Oh Holy God.

I want to go from town to town and build churches and then when you get enough followers you assent to GodHood and as long as your town’s go***.. Devotion is enough then my loyal children will come to defend your town in times of great Peace..

Any suc*….. anyone in need of a patron god?

Comments

• Options
    I want to go from town to town and build churches and then when you get enough followers you assent to GodHood and as long as your town’s go***.. Devotion is enough then my loyal children will come to defend your town in times of great Peace..

I mean this would be a new level of deranged in a world were gods have physically helped mortals multiple times and are all known... but have all the fun you want RPing that.
    5000x1000px_Sathrago_Commission_RavenJuu.jpg?ex=661327bf&is=6600b2bf&hm=e6652ad4fec65a6fe03abd2e8111482acb29206799f1a336b09f703d4ff33c8b&
    Commissioned at https://fiverr.com/ravenjuu
  • Options
    Oh well, I roam from town to town
    I go through life without a care
    And I'm as happy as a clown
    I with my two fists of iron but I'm going nowhere

Yeah I'm the wanderer
    Yeah, the wanderer
    I roam around, around, around.
    The girl watched the last of the creatures die and murmured a soft 'Thank you' to her rescuer.

The stranger's eyes lifted to the blood red cloud on the horizon.

'We have to move. It's not safe here.'
  • Options
    TyranthraxusTyranthraxus Member
    edited February 9
    I don't think you'll be getting a chance at THIS, but....

It was rumored earlier in development that the big surprise about the Gods is that they will be avatars, in the game; Actual NPCs.

Not sure how this would work - BUT: we've purposefully been given very little info on the Religion-systems. It's an area of the game I'm excited about. Yours truly bought the lavalier for the Goddess of Creation that was offered 1-2 months before the final pre-order package, just out of concern that there might not be a similar accessory available in-game, like there are with the clothing/armor.

Am VERY eager for news on the to-be Religion system of AoC. SS even purposefully avoided showing us the interior of a church, in a recent update-video; I don't suspect we'll be disappointed in what comes to be.

• Options
    AszkalonAszkalon Member
    edited February 9

Sounds incredibly much Dungeon and Dragon'ish, to be honest.

I personally think i have read already something that Players can become something like the holy Pope (lol) of their Religion or something. Like the upper highest Uber-Superduper-Highpriest or something, who is basically the Speak-Pipe of the God of the Religion this Player is part of.

Could be that i misunderstood something, but i think this will be possible. It sounds kinda overpowered though, if Players could ascend to Godhood.
    a50whcz343yn.png
  • Options

That's essentially what a Guild is. I suggest you get organised and make a thread: https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/categories/aoc-guild-recruitment
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    That's not really the way gods work in Ashes, but...
    Doesn't mean that being at the top of a Religious Org would not be close to what you are envisioning.