Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Testing Length of Alpha Two ... ... ... ( Discussion Video )

People are saying interesting Stuff in this Video's Comment Section and the like.

Like : the Alpha 2 is allegedly lasting half a Year. Or full a Year. And "allegedly" Sir Steven himself has stated this - and so on and so on ... ... ...

But that sounds weird. Because when the Statement of the End(?) of September 2023 holds true -> and the Game is not "Years*" away, it would mean the Release would be around End of September in 2025.

Which means if People would be right and the Alpha Two would last all the way up until then -> Alpha Two would need to more or less seamlessly go over into the Beta at some Point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9f-PPBIx04

While i always welcome these Speculation and Discussion Video's - i wish i would have an easy time to find the alleged Statements in which for Example Sir Steven himself stated all these cool things like the Alpha Two lasting a hella long time.

I mean,
i was kinda there and got Wind of when he stated, that Ashes of Creation is no longer " Years* away " - but that was it. That was the only Statement i more or less happened to witness. :D
a50whcz343yn.png

Comments

• Options
    NiKrNiKr Member
    A2 will be at least 2 years, probably 3.
    jmqqpu7hr7mo.gif
  • Options
    I wonder if this would piss off the People who keep trolling like the Game comes out in 2030 at first, or around 2035. 😁
    a50whcz343yn.png
  • Options
    1-3 years i would say i think it further along than people think but it still gonna be min 1 year most likly aroundd the 2 year mark roughtly
  • Options
    According to the Ashes of Creation Wiki, Alpha 2 will last until Launch and run in parallel with Beta 1 and Beta 2. Source https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Alpha-2
  • Options
    OtrOtr Member
    666 days
  • Options
    tautautautau Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    @Dannoi is correct. Alpha 2 will last as long as it needs to last to get the game right, then we will have short Betas and release.

How long will it take to get the game right? That is unknown. The Devs (I get the impression) are further along than most people suspect. They may hope, in a best-case scenario, to get finished in six months or less. But problems could easily stretch that out to nine months or more. I have a prediction about when release will happen, but I'm not sharing it because it is an ill-informed guess by someone who has only played games, not developed them.
  • Options
    Otr wrote: »
    666 days

I know, wrong Game. But you brought this over yourself. :-P

68sbmygwde1x.gif
    a50whcz343yn.png
  • Options
    The honest answer is no one knows. Even the devs don't know. It's whenever the game is ready to release to the public.
  • Options
    I don't get why people are so impatient the game will take as long as it needs to take, myself and i am dam well sure others would rather a finished game on release :)
    hgadl7e44g58.gif
  • Options
    My felt Estimation is -> the Alpha Two Testing Time Window will be about a few Weeks -> to a maximum of a few Months.

Two to Three Weeks maybe. Two to Three Months at Maximum.

Why ?

Hmm just a gutfeeling. Nothing big.
    a50whcz343yn.png
  • Options
    DezmerizingDezmerizing Member
    edited February 13
    Aszkalon wrote: »
    My felt Estimation is -> the Alpha Two Testing Time Window will be about a few Weeks -> to a maximum of a few Months.

Why ?

Alpha 2 will last until launch:] https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Alpha-2

So unless you believe the game is like 6 months from complete... :d
    lizhctbms6kg.png
  • Options
    nanfoodlenanfoodle Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    A2 will at minimum be 2 years if there is not a single hickup. Single hickup could add 1 to 6 months easily.
  • Options

Why ?

Alpha 2 will last until launch:] https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Alpha-2

So unless you believe the game is like 6 months from complete... :d

* Hugs and pokes to You * , Dezmerizing,

but you JUST MADE it sound actually scary. The Alpha Two should by all means NOT LAST UNTIL the Release of the actual Game.

Alpha is not Beta. The "BETA" may last until Release, but never the Alpha. Alpha means still not finished by what the Developers really want to do.

I hope i don't sound hysterical when i state this. An Alpha should "NEVER" be the last Step before the actual Release. There should alway be a Beta,

a Beta with many, many, "MANY" Bug-Reports so that the Release-State of the Game has a very good, successful time.

Oh by the Gods above AND below - don't Please ever make a Game come into the Release State without the many Bugs fixed that will inevitably show up before Release.
    a50whcz343yn.png
  • Options
    AzheraeAzherae Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Specifically, it says that the Alpha-2 will become the test server as they go.

That's the thing that 'lasts until launch'.
    Sorry, my native language is Erlang.

• Options

but you JUST MADE it sound actually scary. The Alpha Two should by all means NOT LAST UNTIL the Release of the actual Game.

Alpha is not Beta. The "BETA" may last until Release, but never the Alpha. Alpha means still not finished by what the Developers really want to do.

I hope i don't sound hysterical when i state this. An Alpha should "NEVER" be the last Step before the actual Release. There should alway be a Beta,

a Beta with many, many, "MANY" Bug-Reports so that the Release-State of the Game has a very good, successful time.

Oh by the Gods above AND below - don't Please ever make a Game come into the Release State without the many Bugs fixed that will inevitably show up before Release.

Oh don't worry! A2 is not the last step before launch. c: beta 1&2 is also planned, but they will run in parallel with A2. c:

lizhctbms6kg.png
  • Options
    Dannoi wrote: »
    According to the Ashes of Creation Wiki, Alpha 2 will last until Launch and run in parallel with Beta 1 and Beta 2. Source https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Alpha-2

Sounds like an amazing lot of Work.
    a50whcz343yn.png
  • Options
    TenguruTenguru Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Because when the Statement of the End(?) of September 2023 holds true -> and the Game is not "Years*" away, it would mean the Release would be around End of September in 2025.
    Just a quick correction, Steven did not say the game was not years away, he said Alpha 2 is not years away.

Just looking at all of the things we have not been shown is enough to convince me we're at least 2 years away. You can say they'll work much faster now that they have many more devs, and I can say that opening A2 is just going to give those devs a mountain of more work to do on top of what they were already doing, etc. But we'll never really know until A2 ends :'(
  • Options
    NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited February 15
    A2 lasting a couple of years, with some downtime inbetween, seems about right. It all really depends on how many iterations the different systems need, and if some major systems needs re-designing because A2 reveals they are fundamentally flawed in implementation.
  • Options
    Tenguru wrote: »
    Just a quick correction, Steven did not say the game was not years away, he said Alpha 2 is not years away.

Just looking at all of the things we have not been shown is enough to convince me we're at least 2 years away. You can say they'll work much faster now that they have many more devs, and I can say that opening A2 is just going to give those devs a mountain of more work to do on top of what they were already doing, etc. But we'll never really know until A2 ends :'(

OOOFFFFF, Thanks for telling me. My Memory is a fuzzy Pile of obscured Nonsense regarding this.

Welp, this sounds harsh. Suddenly all the People saying Alpha Two will last a Year or Two sound much more believable. 😳
    a50whcz343yn.png
  • Options
    To fully test the core game mechanics of growing node territories, fall of nodes etc, it will easily take a year.
    With that being said, the map needs to be opened up more than it seems to be planned for the Alpha 2 launch (from the biomes Steven mentioned in an interview it sounds like we will have no ocean access and only the south-west to begin with), so that'll take some time as well. With that being said, Alpha servers are said to run until launch and I guess they will continue to remain an important source for data gathering until then.

So I gues the TL;DR answer is: it'll go all the way till launch
    The answer is probably >>> HERE <<<