Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

simple class suggestion for a post full release expansion dlc type thing

this is a simple one and before you worry, im not gonna suggest monk even tho i do like monks and still hate how apparently steven hates monks as a concept as well as unarmed fighting but hey, im not the one making the game so all i can do is say my take and leave it at that but anyways, i would love to see a dnd style barbarian with a proper rage mechanic that perhaps locks you outta spell casting alltogether but at the benefit that you get boosted strength and defense making you a sheer massive health bar tank like in dnd. honestly i just like my simple and fun barb builds and would love to see after the games full release, it become a possibility especially since it would be easier to make balanced as it shouldnt really have that large a list of abilites anyways and what abilites it would have would be simple pure brute strength thing.

Comments

• Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    To be balanced, Barbarian would need the same number of Active Skills and Passive Skills and Augments as the original 8 Primary Archetypes.
    And... adding a Barbarian Primary Archetype would also be adding 8 new "classes".
  • Options
    Druid!

I am still very curious as to why Druid isnt even a class (primarily archetype + secondary archetype) ... *Thinking*

My guess would be that Druid would be the first archetype added post launch.
    lizhctbms6kg.png
  • Options
    this is a simple one and before you worry, im not gonna suggest monk .

I suggest Monk.

Seriously, the gap is Shamanistic Druidic type Shapeshifter. Both the studio and players could have fun with that.

The girl watched the last of the creatures die and murmured a soft 'Thank you' to her rescuer.

The stranger's eyes lifted to the blood red cloud on the horizon.

'We have to move. It's not safe here.'
  • Options
    chibibreechibibree Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Druid!

I am still very curious as to why Druid isnt even a class (primarily archetype + secondary archetype) ... *Thinking*

I hope so, I'd class change in a heartbeat haha
  • Options
    People have already been saying that 64 Classes is too many, and now you want 81?!
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    Dygz wrote: »
    To be balanced, Barbarian would need the same number of Active Skills and Passive Skills and Augments as the original 8 Primary Archetypes.
    And... adding a Barbarian Primary Archetype would also be adding 8 new "classes".

hence why i tried very hard to say several times this is an idea for like the first expansion dlc type thingy after the full release. not something something to even consider doing for at least till beta 2 XD
  • Options
    Druid!

id also love a dedicated druid tho given the plant like ability we saw from the ranger and how they seem super animal themed, im guessing they basically roled the dnd ranger and druid together banking on how dnd rangers also are heavy pet summoners and often nature related going with the idea proly of making one of the rangers augmetns to be nature so you can do a mage/ranger to make or a summoner/ranger to make a proper druid whether you want plant magic or nature animals magic.
  • Options
    AnimusRex wrote: »

I suggest Monk.

Seriously, the gap is Shamanistic Druidic type Shapeshifter. Both the studio and players could have fun with that.

i would love that but steven has already stated he HATES the idea of monks and unarmed combat (even tho apparently a dude killing a dragon thats like 30m tall with a fucking dagger thats like half a foot long is apparently totally sensible) and unless there was SERIOUS outcry for a monk, we'll likely never see one and at least many of the community have already taken his side on this.
  • Options
    daveywavey wrote: »
    People have already been saying that 64 Classes is too many, and now you want 81?!

its not 64 classes tho in reality. even with 4 augment types for each class, they have stated before its more akin to ESO's morph system where each class has different version of the same abilty that at its core is no different no matter the version but just uses different damage types with different vfx maybe and the occasional extra effect and again, I SUGGEST AFTER LAUNCH AFTER THE BALANCE HAS ALREADY STARTED TO BE WORKED OUT XDXDXD i feel like my effeorts i took to not have to say that part are more meaningless than tits on a radscorpion.....
  • Options
    daveywaveydaveywavey Member
    edited February 14
    FYI: I have you muted, so I've no idea what you're replying with. All I can see is your initial post.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    this is a simple one and before you worry, im not gonna suggest monk even tho i do like monks and still hate how apparently steven hates monks as a concept as well as unarmed fighting but hey, im not the one making the game so all i can do is say my take and leave it at that but anyways, i would love to see a dnd style barbarian with a proper rage mechanic that perhaps locks you outta spell casting alltogether but at the benefit that you get boosted strength and defense making you a sheer massive health bar tank like in dnd. honestly i just like my simple and fun barb builds and would love to see after the games full release, it become a possibility especially since it would be easier to make balanced as it shouldnt really have that large a list of abilites anyways and what abilites it would have would be simple pure brute strength thing.

I'm not a DnD player, so I don't know exactly how barbarian plays, but Steven said his idea of a warrior is someone that gets stronger as he fights or the longer he fights. I guess you can specialize in that very aspect by choosing the right secondary archetype (maybe warrior-warrior) and the right gear to complement that playstyle. To me, that sounds kind of like the barbarian-type playstyle you mentioned.
    For the empyre !!!
  • Options

I suggest Monk.

i would love that but steven has already stated he HATES the idea of monks and unarmed combat (even tho apparently a dude killing a dragon thats like 30m tall with a fucking dagger thats like half a foot long is apparently totally sensible) and unless there was SERIOUS outcry for a monk, we'll likely never see one and at least many of the community have already taken his side on this.

I think monk is hard to combine with the other classes. The only augment types I can think of for a classical monk would be Wind (that's fine) and maybe alcohol/brewing (kinda hard to combine with others). Also, you can already become a Monk/priest through the religious system, so I don't know if this class would fit into the game lorewise.

Also, you would have to introduce a whole new weapon (since every class can have every weapon) like Brass Knuckles, which I guess is technically possible, but I'm not sure if it fits into that universe.
    For the empyre !!!
  • Options

I suggest Monk.

The monk, was (clearly ineffective) sarcasm. Because I know it triggers El Stevo.

Druid is my choice as a later addition if that is to happen.

Just to be clear - Druid.

The girl watched the last of the creatures die and murmured a soft 'Thank you' to her rescuer.

The stranger's eyes lifted to the blood red cloud on the horizon.

'We have to move. It's not safe here.'
  • Options
    A tank + Fighter (or the other way around) plus some proper two handed weapon could do the trick.
    The answer is probably >>> HERE <<<