Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Vassals Should Siege Parent Nodes

18910111214»

Comments

• Options
    TenguruTenguru Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    4vub1wuep0ej.png
    09k3tzhja0mc.png
    Another interesting thing you can see happen in the old outdated vid though. The length of this vassalization might suggest more of a dynamic system that connects "adjacent" nodes rather than a static network? Interesting stuff

I know they talked about parts of the node algorithm that are related to like, how far out a node's ZOI can actually reach and what determines that as opposed to it just being tied to the node's level
    ytqg7pibvfdd.png
    I'll tend to the flame, you can worship the ashes.
  • Options
    NiKrNiKr Member
    Mag7spy wrote: »
    Back to why you are counteracting your point though is you all have been advocating the current game design won't cause enough change in the game with nodes falling (also a made up scenario ). So you saying casuals won't be able to afford it yet you are wanting more node destruction, which by your logic casuals can not afford to move (entirely made up)
    So you agree that even if this suggestion was implemented, barely anyone would utilize it, which means that barely any chaos would take place, right?

Great then! You're on our side, because that is precisely what we've been saying. There'd be no sudden chaos or the end of the world, simply because vassals can now siege. There'd simply be an option to take that action if you have the means - that's it.
  • Options
    NiKr wrote: »
    Mag7spy wrote: »
    Back to why you are counteracting your point though is you all have been advocating the current game design won't cause enough change in the game with nodes falling (also a made up scenario ). So you saying casuals won't be able to afford it yet you are wanting more node destruction, which by your logic casuals can not afford to move (entirely made up)
    So you agree that even if this suggestion was implemented, barely anyone would utilize it, which means that barely any chaos would take place, right?

Great then! You're on our side, because that is precisely what we've been saying. There'd be no sudden chaos or the end of the world, simply because vassals can now siege. There'd simply be an option to take that action if you have the means - that's it.

Why are you putting words in my mouth? I'm pointing out you guys are saying random things and contradicting yourself. You are trying to make a argument for the casuals and I just see a picture being painted that would kill off the game. Your points are getting worse is pretty much what I'm saying.

We really are going from you guys saying its a small change, to you can pvp any node and casuals can't afford to move nodes.

Lets get some facts straight idea of you can't afford to be in a node is pretty unfounded. There is a lot more to do with it than simply that and I'm sure ways around some certain issues. This leads up a whole other conversation and it be better to start a new thread around it....

You are effectively putting a burden on everyone in the game because effectively you are talking about this as a lever to control. The only ones that would be suffering are the casuals, not the people that are for warring let alone war loggers that won't care about any of that.

Again this is why i trust what the devs are going for, as your suggestions literally would end up bringing up a T&L situation where the game will die off but for different reasons. Your points are not for casuals or heath of the game, you are pushing for hardcore mechanics and as this goes on its becoming more extreme with your "solutions". To a problem the dev's already solved reduce the negative impacts by reducing the fight beside node to node, and focus more on kingdoms warring with soft friction for more internal node conflict.
  • Options
    AszkalonAszkalon Member
    edited February 26
    Tenguru wrote: »
    4vub1wuep0ej.png

09k3tzhja0mc.png

Everytime i see such Pictures, knowing it is about Nodes - i want more.

I want to see more.
    I want to see more Footage. More Videos. More Stuff. 😁 I want to see Sir Steven give us a cool Update Video in which he and his awesome Colleagues, Co-Workers and Subordinates talk for a handful of Hours solely about Nodes,

about instanced living Spaces/Apartments inside them,
    about how "NPC-Caravans"(?) Spawn between Nodes, Ruler-Nodes, Vassal-Nodes, etc. etc. and how Players should defend them or risk having their Nodes in dire, needy Circumstances,

i wish for a Presentation how a "Castle" could work and affect between Nodes,

how it would work if a Castle is held and managed by People of a Metropolis nearby, who rules a handful of smaller Nodes,

and how all this would work, if a gigantic "War" between Nodes or even whole World Regions would break out. From which i am confident, the latter is probably not necessarily planned and may as well never make it into the Game - aside from if Sir Steven and his mighty Crew really wants it. ;) . :sunglasses:
    a50whcz343yn.png
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    Nepoke wrote: »
    So in short,
    Mr Steven pls!
    The vassal system needs work.

The only real change I can see being worthwhile is making it so vassal citizens can run for (and vote for, in Scientific nodes) leadership of their parent nodes.

That is literally the only change to the system that has any worth, as far as I can see.
  • Options
    edited February 26
    k4h2if33x3mc.png
    Maybe allowing Vassal citizens use the Crafting Stations in the Parent Node would be a nice option too... seeing as how we're meant to be all buddy-buddy lol
    ytqg7pibvfdd.png
  • Options
    k4h2if33x3mc.png
    Maybe allowing Vassal citizens use the Crafting Stations in the Parent Node would be a nice option too... seeing as how we're meant to be all buddy-buddy lol

I don't consider this to be important.

Although, this is working on the assumption that grand master crafting stations are only needed for the absolute best gear in the game. If it turns out that they are needed for all level 50 gear, then I would agree.

If it is only for the best gear in the game, having to have citizenship of a specific node in order to be able to craft the item seems reasonable to me.
  • Options
    Also thought of another method of messing with Parent Nodes without being able to siege them as vassal citizens.

If you could get enough people from your node and their other big vassal node, y'all could decide to just barely make your own node's atrophy exp requirements... starving the parent node of that extra exp they would have gotten lol..

Would be difficult to organize something like that with a bunch of rando civs though.
    ytqg7pibvfdd.png
  • Options
    Yes, that is something that has always been possible, technically speaking.

However, I doubt you'd convince an entire node (let alone many nodes) to stop all activities. If nothing else, most of the people in a vassal node will be quite content with their situation and so will just want to carry on playing the game.
  • Options

OONNLY if they lick my Boot !!

Vassal Citizen : " Ohhh You M~ONSTER !! " * suspiciously masochistic and eager Voice *
    a50whcz343yn.png