Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Castles

ILLPeonUILLPeonU Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
So there are 5 castles, my question is and maybe I missed it on the WiKI , can any guild own them and or take them over? So say I'm all the way in the desert but I want to attack and try to hold a castle that's in the Riverlands. Is this possible, also can a guild hold more than one castle?

Now I know with fast travel being limited this is a tall order, I just want to know if it's feasible.

Thank you
TwitchTV Streamer: The Hidden Dagger Inn Saturday's 5:00 PM Cst
7wg8px59ktyc.jpg

https://youtube.com/@TheHiddenDaggerInn

Comments

• Options
    NiKrNiKr Member
    edited February 19
    Any guild can try to get into a siege as an attacker - yes. There's no assurance if you'll get in, but you can try.

Don't think we can have multiple castles.
  • Options
    Ohhh i "HOPE" we can have our cool, stylish Castle in the snowy Biome's in the Middle Region Area of the World. I would parade it's Halls, Corridors and Walls like it would be Sovngarde all over again. :sunglasses:
    a50whcz343yn.png
  • Options
    ILLPeonUILLPeonU Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Ya I was just thinking if a very powerful guild on the other side, would be able to own 1. and it appears that's the case. Maybe holding it while in transition to coming or starting a newer node.
    TwitchTV Streamer: The Hidden Dagger Inn Saturday's 5:00 PM Cst
    7wg8px59ktyc.jpg

https://youtube.com/@TheHiddenDaggerInn
  • Options
    akabearakabear Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I hope the castles have some degree of customization both for prestige and for creating variations to layout within the castle walls to reduce attacker predicable scenarios.
  • Options
    From what I read it will be difficult to occupy a castle whilst not making it your base. Which makes sense from a point of realism but let's leave that aside.
    The reason why that might not be possible in Ashes is: The "siege cycle". In the first 3 weeks of the cycle the Vassal Nodes of the castle will be in some way involved in the objective based PvP. If I understood it correctly, there will be Caravan events transporting goods to the castle in preparation of the next siege. Defending those is primarily in the interest of the guild occupying the castle, not being there to defend those means lower chances of staying in control of the castle. So each week one of the castle vassal nodes will be involved in PvP, requiring someone to defend it. During the 4th week the casle itself will be sieged, which definitely requires the guild to actually be there.

So if a guild does not intend to have someone stay at the castle as their homebase, I don't think they have a realistic chance to hold the castle. With that being said: I assume there will be guild hall like benefits to controlling the castle which makes desirable to all guild members to remain in the area during crucial times.
    The answer is probably >>> HERE <<<
  • Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    akabear wrote: »
    I hope the castles have some degree of customization both for prestige and for creating variations to layout within the castle walls to reduce attacker predicable scenarios.
    Seems like the 3 Military Nodes associated with each Castle should be "customizable" rather than predictable.
    Especially dependant upon how successful their Caravan runs are.
  • Options
    Dygz wrote: »
    Seems like the 3 Military Nodes associated with each Castle should be "customizable" rather than predictable.
    Especially dependant upon how successful their Caravan runs are.

Am i weird when i say,

i freakin' " WANT " my/our Castle to be connected to our Node, Military-Node, up to "Metropolis-Level" Node/Military-Node ?? I WANT that we can represent indeed something like an Empire. Like it is in actual Canon Lore for the Empyreans. ;) . 😁

And i am not saying this with any kind of obnoxious Energy behind me. I know exactly that many others want the same. Let's pave a Road to Greatness on the countless Skulls and Bones of our Enemies. >:)
    a50whcz343yn.png