Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

action combat idea

this is a small one that just is a suggestion for the ui as a person who plays eso, i think if the action combat side of things sticks with having only 2 bars with 20 ABILITES, thats gonna make action combat tedious and i think that there should be a ui option that lets you change the bar setup to be 4 bars of 5 or something like that so that way action combat users dont need to constantly hotswap to tab to use an ability and can just bar swap to the abilites they wanna use.

Comments

• Options
    fenn1539 wrote: »
    this is a small one that just is a suggestion for the ui as a person who plays eso, i think if the action combat side of things sticks with having only 2 bars with 20 ABILITES, thats gonna make action combat tedious and i think that there should be a ui option that lets you change the bar setup to be 4 bars of 5 or something like that so that way action combat users dont need to constantly hotswap to tab to use an ability and can just bar swap to the abilites they wanna use.

I think there is only an option to have 10 abilities on a bar at a time now - someone correct me if I am wrong. I think they want you to think about what setup you want to use as a playe on a specific class, so you dont have all abilities running.
  • Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Tab is about target lock - really has nothing to do with how many hotbars are available.
  • Options

We don't need 5 bars of abilities with boat...... I'm for more 2 bars at most with detailed elements of combat between them and feeling unique.

What makes action good isn't about 100 abilities, its about the feeling and flow of the abilities together with movement....Having a high amount of abilities to be using all at the same time makes action worse. You lose on synergy, what action game are you playing where you have 50 abilities at the same time?
  • Options

i prefer having my whole keyboard as an ability, instead of having to swap bars.

when i started playing ragnarok, you only had 3 bars of 10 or so slots each. for some classes this was enough, but not for some others (you didnt have 30 abilities but you had to be swapping gear mid fight, a bunch of consumables, etc) and you could only see 1 bar at a time and you couldnt "skip" bars. if you were on your first bar and wanted to swap to your third, you had to go through the second one, and if you were on your second bar and wanted to swap to your first one, you had to go through your third.

so basically, using a skill or a slot on your bars was "skill", "swap, skill" or "swap, swap, skill" and this changed for the same skill depending on which bar you were. for example, lets say i wanted to use heal and it was on the first button of my first bar. if i was already on the first bar id do "1", if i was on my second bar id do "swap, swap, 1" and if i was on my third bar id do "swap 1" and had to do this for everything i had slotted. too extreme!

about a year later i discovered there was an option in the game to use every key on your keyboard as a shortcut and to use all bars at the same time. this was life saving and made everything easier ;3

ha dto switch bars too on l2 too until they added a 4th and a 5th ;3

i much prefer having everything on my keyboard where i can see everything i need to press at the same time ;3
  • Options
    Ap0ph1sAp0ph1s Member
    ok so i think people missed the entire point which was that it was me asking for the OPTION for this other style and reccomending it be added as a choice in the settings because a full list of all 10 keys having abilities on them would be cumbersome and restricting. basically it was me saying that for tab, all 10 keys having abilites makes sense since your mouse is always on screen by for both hybrid and especially more action style stuff, it would just make it nonsenseical to try with each key having an ability.