Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

I know where all 4 pre planned DLC's are going to be located

NoelzyNoelzy Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
edited February 22 in General Discussion
all 4 edges of the world map have a continent NAME, not a label like the jundark or the riverlands but just SUJOMA VANDAGAR PELIGORA ELYRIUM,
all 4 edges expand outwards into the 4 planned expansion zones all expanding the world in their little direction, either sujoma
or peligora will be the first then elyrium then vandagar
Reasoning below
Peligora, look at this mf on the world map, tell me right now with a straight face that the cutoff of its eastern border is natural and not deliberate photoshop obfuscation, same goes for Elyrium and Sujoma corners of the map if you look close enough their edges look like nothing else in the world map and its clear photoshop to try and hide the real edges of these areas
Peligora will be a desert continent expansion
Sujoma will be an ice continent expansion
Elyrium will be a lava/cloud continent expansion
Vandagar will be an underdark expansion

q3h4s8iwgni7.jpg
1f0avs4gstyo.jpg
ag13vcb4gpq3.jpg

Comments

• Options
    giphy.gif
    The answer is probably >>> HERE <<<
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    Nah dude, you're looking too much in to it.

That map isn't "the game map", it is a quick throw together someone did to show us what the world kind of looks like. It's all copy/paste assets.

If you look at the mountains in any one given region, they are one of usually three or four assets copied multiple times. If you look at the mountains at the very south east of the Sandsquall Desert, they are rotated almost 90 degrees so they fit.

The entire coastline is simply a "shotoshop obfuscation". If you look at the palm trees around the coast to the north west of the riverlands, you'll see that some of the trees are left whole, going over the coastline - while other trees are cut off at the coastline.

The costlines you pointed out look no more obfuscated than any others on the map.

But hey, if you want to believe what you've come up with, have at it.
  • Options
    nanfoodlenanfoodle Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    edited February 22
    Interested can't wait to hear more.
  • Options
    HinotoriHinotori Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Noelzy wrote: »
    look

6tzjcboud0dj.gif
    lsb9nxihx5vc.png
  • Options
    NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited February 22
    Noelzy at home:
    Saruman_uses_the_Palantir.jpg
  • Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Launch already has all of those Biomes.
    Why would we need expansions to introduce a new continent for each of them?
  • Options
    Dygz wrote: »

are you asking why the four small and unique(ish) areas are going to be expanded upon? ...... why wouldnt they be?
  • Options
    tautautautau Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    @Dygz may be implying that any expansion would include new and unique biomes. This means that the map that shows existing biomes should not imply that the existing biome will just grow larger. If we are going to get NEW content in an expansion, isn't it likely that the content will be NEW, not just an expansion of the OLD?
  • Options
    AbaratAbarat Member, Alpha One, Adventurer

LOL. Many, many MMO expansions do not introduce new entire biomes... You can have all new content in an existing biome.

I do, however, think those are just the names of the continents.

But, I like the way the OP is thinking.
  • Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited February 22
    I'm saying that it's unlikely that each expansion would just introduce one new continent comprised of just one, already existing Biome.

Also, keep in mind that Ashes' initial launch is intended to have seasonal Weather... and Dragons that bring Perpetual Winter, regardless of what Biome they appear in.
  • Options
    Also, keep in mind that Ashes' initial launch is intended to have seasonal Weather... and Dragons that bring Perpetual Winter, regardless of what Biome they appear in.
    you realise that biome != weather right? it can snow in the desert just the same as it can snow in the frost
  • Options
    Noelzy wrote: »
    I know where all 4 pre planned DLC's are going to be located

First DLC -> Shadows of the Verra Tree (lol)

Second DLC -> Dawnguard of Node Winterstead

Third DLC -> On more salty Tides (Ocean PvP DLC)

Fourth DLC -> Horse Armor DLC. (😁 🤣)
    a50whcz343yn.png
  • Options
    In the released videos, there is that big, half destroyed planet or moon in the sky. Different worlds would make for good expansions.
  • Options
    TenguruTenguru Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    willsummon wrote: »
    There is that big, half destroyed planet or moon in the sky.
    The "Harbinger Moon" as Steven called it
  • Options
    AbaratAbarat Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I'm saying that it's unlikely that each expansion would just introduce one new continent comprised of just one, already existing Biome.

I have not been on the forums much lately. It is good to see things have not changed.