Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

I wanted to date in the game

Will there be a way to date in the Ashes? I never dated in real life and I wanted to get married at least in the gamew2l0k1a7c3em.jpg

Comments

• Options
    edited February 28
    I don't think there is dating mechanics, but if your end goal is marriage, that mechanic is in the game.

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Marriage
  • Options
    Roleplay wise, people are dating in many games already and having their in-game marriages, I don't think it will be any different in AoC
    PvE means: A handful of coins and a bag of boredom.
  • Options
    nanfoodlenanfoodle Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    edited February 29
    I love role playing and all things Devs add that help with that. I wish dating and marriage would be added to Ashes and benefits from it.
  • Options
    po-facepalm.gif
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    LinikerLiniker Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited March 1
    Maybe this is the game you should be playing my brother

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_LiLyqvdHM
    img]
    Recrutamento aberto - Nosso Site: Clique aqui
  • Options
    tautautautau Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Don't criticize, folks.

First of all, let people have harmless fun, it is no skin off your back.
    Second, I know two couples from my guild in L2 who got together in real life. One didn't work out, but the other folks are still together 20+ years later.
  • Options
    VaknarVaknar Moderator, Member, Staff
    Marriage will exist in game! @SkylarckTheBotanist provided that wiki link for you @castuskrait in case you're wanting to learn more!

As for dating, this might be something best left to player creativity, rather than an in-game system to support it ;)
    community_management.gif
  • Options
    PyrololPyrolol Member
    gm0mqj529uj9.jpeg
    rvid9f6vp7vl.png
  • Options
    6n5wcrxx15jo.jpeg
    j2p8mdmovgu9.jpg
  • Options
    WuqingYeWuqingYe Member
    My two best friends back in my glory WoW days met on the game/guild and ended up marrying IRL. We even had an in-game wedding for them!! It was so much fun. Even Chibi and Virtek of The Golden Feather Tavern here on Ashes got married after meeting in one of the Ashes Discord lobbies! HOW FUN!! <3 There are tons of stories like this and it's actually more common than people think.

As for Ashes itself, yes, there will be in-game marriages. As for dating in the game, I'd just assume you'd kinda do it like how you would IRL (just use emotes and buy pixel flowers or something haha). The main thing with dating itself (no matter IRL or in-game) is the conversations and fun you have with the other person :) no limits on that!
  • Options
    SunboySunboy Member
    A date is any activity romantic undertones. Don't lay the responsibility of your life on someone else and certanly not a company.

Join a guild.
    Do quest with them.
    Talk to people.
    Gain friends.
    Maybe of opposed sex.
    Have common interests.
    ???
    Propose date.
    Profit.

And dont give up. Practice does not make perfect. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Much love <3
  • Options
    FantmxFantmx Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    For everything making fun, I guess we are removing the RPG elements to the game?

Strip away everything outside of PvP conflict and see what you end up with a year after launch.
  • Options
    DepravedDepraved Member
    Fantmx wrote: »
    For everything making fun, I guess we are removing the RPG elements to the game?

Strip away everything outside of PvP conflict and see what you end up with a year after launch.

what are the rpg elements of the game? you will still have your personal story and you can control your character's development. if you take out those 2 things, then the game isnt an rpg anymore. rpgs arent about acting in a game.
  • Options
    FantmxFantmx Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Depraved wrote: »

what are the rpg elements of the game? you will still have your personal story and you can control your character's development. if you take out those 2 things, then the game isnt an rpg anymore. rpgs arent about acting in a game.

:D
  • Options
    GrimmsleyGrimmsley Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Not sure if this will be that kind of game to incentivize having a "Dating System" in the game.
    Don't think its necessary at all apart from a basic marriage system and just socializing normally with others and or RPing with them about it.

Most asian mmos have this to the max and while it may seem nice on the surface, especially if you're with someone IRL, a lot I've seen implemented have resulted in cliques + elitist snobbery within the community.
    You're already competitive in PvP for this game, why do you want a game to have "Romantic competition".

Unless it was offering buffs for creating a consistent group of players (like friends) with a point system / synergy system, I'd be okay with that.....but not with the added notion of "intimacy" or "romance".
    Guilds would usually implement this feature as a member-wide benefit.

Hard pass for me?
  • Options
    Mag7spyMag7spy Member
    edited March 7
    Depraved wrote: »

Stop the cap, you just let him emoji on you hard.
  • Options
    DepravedDepraved Member
    ill emoji back

;3