Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

corruption value decrease suggestion

I did not see if this had been suggested elsewhere. There are limited ways of decreasing corruption and as stated the main way is through death.

If a corrupted player kills another corrupted then they stay corrupted. Is the only risk here for the person dying, loss of gear if their corruption level is high enough? They get a decrease in corruption so that is a positive and maybe they choose to die. Shouldn't the other corrupted player get some decrease in their corruption for killing another corrupted player? Maybe not much but some benefit to it?

Can corrupted players become bounty hunters and hunt other corrupted players? What happens if a bounty hunter becomes corrupted if not?
64mtni3lz7d1.png

Comments

• Options
    DepravedDepraved Member
    why would a corrupt player should lose corruption for killing another corrupted player? @_@
  • Options
    NiKrNiKr Member
    Depraved wrote: »
    why would a corrupt player should lose corruption for killing another corrupted player?
    Cause corrupted dudes are closer to mobs than people, so why the hell not. I think that'd be interesting :) Highly unlikely to happen outside of PKing groups, but still kinda interesting.
  • Options
    BroJCBroJC Member
    I don't think it would be much corruption loss. I could ask you the same question. Why would a corrupted player kill another corrupted player? There is not much of an incentive to. If you become corrupted or you are planning to then why would you 1) have any resources on you that you want to keep...so nothing drops on 4 times greater chance, and 2) before you get to the geardropping point just go get yourself killed by NPC's or other players to get rid of it.

My point there is people are gonna limit their risk of dropping any gear they want to keep so there likely won't be any incentive for one corrupted to kill another it would be a race to die to the other or corrupted just team up until going off to get rid of their corruption.
    64mtni3lz7d1.png
  • Options
    DepravedDepraved Member
    BroJC wrote: »
    I don't think it would be much corruption loss. I could ask you the same question. Why would a corrupted player kill another corrupted player? There is not much of an incentive to. If you become corrupted or you are planning to then why would you 1) have any resources on you that you want to keep...so nothing drops on 4 times greater chance, and 2) before you get to the geardropping point just go get yourself killed by NPC's or other players to get rid of it.

My point there is people are gonna limit their risk of dropping any gear they want to keep so there likely won't be any incentive for one corrupted to kill another it would be a race to die to the other or corrupted just team up until going off to get rid of their corruption.

the incentive is their loot...also, since you cant read people's mind, they might attack you, so you should try to kill them before thyey try to kill u xD
  • Options
    tautautautau Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Is this a way for PK groups to try to pick up each other's gear?
  • Options
    BroJCBroJC Member
    They are stating already that if you have a higher corruption score you have a higher chance to drop gear.

You don't have to be in a "PK" group to get a corrupted's gear. Anyone can, even your own guild members, as you can be attacked by anyone. If you have someone you trust you can have them kill you. over and over if you want. They don't even get flagged combatant if they do.

Therefore why would risk it? Like I said I can become corrupted and get a buddy to kill me or an NPC or just a random. Before my chances increase.

But there is not much incentive for say a PK group to fight another PK group if there is not much chance of getting anything. A non-combatant or a combatant does not even risk becoming corrupted so they don't have much risk other than resource loss for dying.

I was just imagining wars between corrupted players at least spurred on by some reward for killing another corrupted.

Maybe I am looking at this wrong but no one is explaining this would be a bad or good mechanic.
    64mtni3lz7d1.png
  • Options
    OtrOtr Member
    What happens if a bounty hunter becomes corrupted if not?
    Server crash.
  • Options
    NiKr wrote: »
    why would a corrupt player should lose corruption for killing another corrupted player?
    Cause corrupted dudes are closer to mobs than people, so why the hell not. I think that'd be interesting :) Highly unlikely to happen outside of PKing groups, but still kinda interesting.

I like this. It's, by doing this corrupted peeps are incentivised to attack each other and it becomes the demonic almost ritualistic fall of that character. Stuck in a cycle of blood and killing to redeem oneself. Seems very cool and grim dark
    giphy-downsized-large.gif
  • Options

the incentive is their loot...also, since you cant read people's mind, they might attack you, so you should try to kill them before thyey try to kill u xD

Yeah exactly. They've likely got whatever excellent loot they took from the person they killed that made it worth killing them, as well as what they had on them already, plus the chance to have them drop a piece of gear.

Why wouldn't you attack a Corrupted player?!
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    That would become a corruption laundry
    PvE means: A handful of coins and a bag of boredom.
  • Options
    unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One

nv8ndpf9hk3r.png
    south-park-rabble-rabble-rabbl-53b58d315aa49.jpg