Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Caravan Attackers

Ethanh37Ethanh37 Member
edited March 8 in General Discussion
so iv seen vids and comments about the caravan dev update, and that a lot of people couldn't see the down side of the attackers, and even disappointed from when Steven got asked the very question and he didn't answer it very well.

well

what if when attacking a caravan the attacking group/single peoples starts a event(defend your caravan we did see a event much like this in an earlier caravan show case but from AI) and the defending side are not flagged as combatants but defenders the attacking side will, if successful all become super corrupted for murdering a caravan the more value lost the higher the corruption. I would think this type of corruption should be two fold global and local to the node travelled from and travelled too by the caravan... this would significantly up the risk to the attackers and would need you to attack caravans a long way away from your nodes system or trade routes.... its also something Steven wouldn't talk about yet as they might not of got the coding down for the amount of corruption or event start conditions.... i think a corruption dev update is the next big thing for ashes, and I'm hoping its ready for testing in alpha 2......

Edit: so iv just re-read some of the caravan PvP posts in the wiki and from what i can understand ashes might seem to have a system( highwayman) that will track caravan events for successful defends and attacks, defender points and bandit points that can be used within the highway system for Quests and event im guessing at..

In my opinion this still very much needs the corruption system in place here its players attacking players in the open world murder for gains. If not tied to the corruption system it will be abused and as such will be a under used system except for larger guilds, alienating smaller guilds or casual players to never be able to gain the bigger profits of the caravan system.