Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

could someone explain me please simplist way what is commissions ?

could someone explain me please simplist way what is commissions ?
i watched official video and others explianing it but i still don't get what is that
i understood cities node system but commission no i need explain please
thank you

Comments

• Options
    CROW3CROW3 Member
    Quest board.
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options
    AzheraeAzherae Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    There are some monsters outside a node.

There are some interesting locations outside a node.

There is a message board inside the node. If you read the messages on the message board, you will see a request to kill some of the monsters outside the node. You might see a request to go to one of the interesting locations outside the node.

If you complete this request, your node will gain experience. You might also gain a reward.

Then, because you completed the request, the state of the game world will change a little bit. The monsters outside the node might be different. Or an elite monster might appear because you defeated the monsters from the request.

If you read the messages on the message board, they will be different. You might see a request to kill the Elite monster, but the request for killing the simple monsters would not appear on the board. Because you killed enough of those monsters, so the world state changed. Even if the monsters still exist outside the node, the Node does not need to make another new request to kill more of them. The Node requests for you to kill the Elite one instead.

When you do this, the same thing happens again. The messages on the board don't have any requests for killing the simple monsters, or for killing the Elite monster. This will happen even if you are not the person that kills them.

So, the situation can change for you, without you doing anything personally. It is not a 'quest chain' because you don't have to complete each part. This is good because you can choose to do only the parts that you like to do.
    Sorry, my native language is Erlang.

• Options
    @Azherae thank you so much now i totally understand it
    but i don't know why they named it commission where is the commissions with these quests i feel it misleading name
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    My guess is they workshopped a name without using the terms quest, mission, errand or task, and couldn't come up with anything better.
  • Options
    Azherae wrote: »
    There are some monsters outside a node.

There are some interesting locations outside a node.

The Presentation with the Minotaurs was literally like the Meme or Slogan.

" Don't go alone. There are Monsters outside. " - or so. Sir Steven needed help at some Point. And i like that the "normal Ingame PvE World" can be to tough in simple Environments outside a Node, for single Players.

Makes Sense, right ?
    The Minotauers also weren't alone. It was the Place they used as their Camp, right ?
    a50whcz343yn.png
  • Options
    VyrilVyril Member
    Noaani wrote: »
    My guess is they workshopped a name without using the terms quest, mission, errand or task, and couldn't come up with anything better.

an instruction, command, or duty given to a person or group of people.

Pretty much exactly what is.