Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Form & Player Linking

Had a nice thought, we should have our forms accounts linked to our in game characters/accounts in a way similar to Destiny Item Manager. This would be beneficial in a ton of ways:

1: players would be able to write guides similar to fextralife wiki's but actually good and with their own proven items.

2: players banned in game would lose their public form access/ would have to go through support instead of messing up the forms.

3: Great character Management for when you aren't able to login, maybe auction house viewing, or just bank/inventory management convenience.

4: this would wildly incentivise players to actually look at and interact with the forms. Many casual players tend not to go out of their way to look at forms, but if they are already on the forms site then they're more likely to engage.(similar to Hoyolab)

I know this would be a rather gruesome feature to make but the long-term benefits are sure to shine through- especially if this is out at launch.

~Okaume

Comments

• Options
    NiKrNiKr Member
    As long as this is absolutely optional - I wouldn't be against it.
  • Options
    NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    As an option, yes, good idea.
  • Options
    What sort of impact do we see it having on inter-guild/inter-node/inter-etc espionage?
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    NiKrNiKr Member
    daveywavey wrote: »
    What sort of impact do we see it having on inter-guild/inter-node/inter-etc espionage?
    Main one I see is the absence of forum trolling/flaming from non-perma-banned players. And those are usually the cinders of great in-game fires. And we gotta let those cinders burn.
  • Options
    AszkalonAszkalon Member
    edited March 17
    Okaume wrote: »
    2: players banned in game would lose their public form access/ would have to go through support instead of messing up the forms.

I see one Instance and Case where this wouldn't be a good Idea.

Unironically, just today i saw a Video of "Phönix Bote" - a German and hence, german-speaking YouTube Channel who features Contents of Ashes of Creation,

for Example how Ashes will tackle Bots. And i got some interesting Information from that.

Apparently " MANY " Players in different MMO's fell Victim to an unjustified Ban because they were nearby "Bots".

You know ?
    These annoying, A.I.-controlled P~O~S Characters who farm Ressources in Games like ESO, World of WoW-Token Craft - and some other MMO's - and are in general a pain in the butt to deal with.

Sometimes apparently,
    Players can get banned because they were nearby them and a GameMaster may confused them, with a Bot.

I even heard of ONE Instance in which the Player affected couldn't get her(?) Account back even after several Years of asking Customer Support or so for Help,
    but was only getting "auto-generated Answers" who weren't helpful in the least apparently,

- ( which sounds REALLY fxxxed up, if you ask me ) -

and that Person just gave up trying to get herself unbanned and now she just waits for Ashes of Creation.

Oh what for a joyous Time and Occasion to have Friends - who can function as Witnesses and hopeful Help to prove that Oneself is not a Bot. (lol)

If they could contact even the Forums even when oneself is banned and for some Reason the Customer-Support isn't doing Jackshxt to get an innocent Person unbanned - then this would be really appreciated.

But jeah. This is the only Instance in which i can see locked Forums for banned Players as a Minus Point. What if innocent Players can't appeal their Unban with the Customer-Support and would need to try their Luck with the Forums ?
    a50whcz343yn.png