Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Meet your divine Masters and pray/speak, to them ... ... ?

AszkalonAszkalon Member
edited March 21 in General Discussion
Be it in a possible, Divine Node,
or in a secluded heathen Temple almost in the middle of nowhere,

What if we could - as Part of spicey Questlines or otherwise - meet with the Divine Beings known as the Gods of Verra,

or maybe also - the Others ?

ueuz2kpx2tp4.jpg

What if we could meet something, like an Avatar, a single Shard or Manifestation of the whole - an Individual that functions as the Speaking-tube of one of the Gods ? As a Speaker of one or maybe even several of them ?

For Example in the "Decision", if a Summoner becomes a "Good" Necromancer, who summons Spirits to his Aid -> or an "Evil" Necromancer, who probably commands Zombies and or Skellies as his Minions ?

Should it be in the Game ? That we might be able to get involved with these mighty Beings ? They, giving is a tiny bit of their unlimited, immortal Time - to either give us a Quest or tell us if we are worthy to ascend to a certain "Sub-Class" that we can attain at a certain Level ?

Divine Nodes will definitely exist ... ... ... ... and Temples around the World most likely, as well.
a50whcz343yn.png

Comments

• Options
    edited March 22
    I think it could be cool to incorporate the gods into trials. You could pray/kneel to certain statues of the gods to receive a bonus. X% more healing done, X% higher spell penetration etc.

Recently saw Dune 2. And I just loved the black and white arena scene with Austin Butler. I wonder if there could be group trials/arenas made by the gods with different waves of enemies. Sorta like Maelstrom Arena in ESO.
    m6jque7ofxxf.gif
  • Options
    Haven't seen anything confirmed - but closer to the start of the project, it was rumored that each god would be *in* the game, as an NPC.

They keep all information about the religion system very close-to-the-chest, and it was a tease to see a church/temple in one of the monthly previews - though Steven specifically mentioned that we wouldn't be getting a look inside. Am eager to see how the religion system ends up playing, once Launch-Day finally arrives!

• Options
    McShaveMcShave Member
    In a more general sense, I am excited to see how they implement religions into the game. It is one of the many factions that players can form a community around, so hopefully it is more than just an aesthetic option. After the commission dev update, I got excited to see how this quest format could be implemented for different types of quests, like religion or class quests.

We know that you can rank up in your religion of choice, maybe you can meet the god of the religion if you reach the top rank or something, that would be very cool.

Also they said in one dev update that we cannot worship the "others", sorry to be a debby downer. Maybe this can change tho, we're still early in development.
  • Options
    McShave wrote: »
    In a more general sense, I am excited to see how they implement religions into the game.

I promise by Innos, Adanos and Beliar. Faiths, Religions - their Groups - it was done in the Past nicely already, since a certain Video Game Series which's first Two Games were an absolute Masterpiece. ;) . :sunglasses:

McShave wrote: »
    It is one of the many factions that players can form a community around, so hopefully it is more than just an aesthetic option.

I personally think "Religions" are great for Roleplay. Like : make a Believer. Or a Fanatic. Or a Cultleader. Or Crusader. Or Inquisitor. Etc. etc. etc. ... ... ... 😁
    a50whcz343yn.png