Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

NEW QUEST SPEC... READ AND LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK!

GodawfulGodawful Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
The Adventurer travels south of the Sandsqual coastal lines across from the Jundark coast. He sees a fellow traveler (NPC) asking for help.
TRAVELER: Good day adventurer, sorry I don't have time to talk, I seemed to have misplaced my chicks! theyre small now but one day they will be able to fetch a fair price at the market...

PLAYER COM OPTIONS:
A. OK, no problem, good day. (end convo)
B. Is there anything I can do to help? (continue convo)

(B)TRAVELER: Yes, if you would be so kind as to help me find my lost chicks, ill be of great gratitude! at last I counted there was 8 in total.

QUEST: FIND ALL 8 CHICKS AND BRING THEM BACK TO THE TRAVELER

The chicks can be found in various locations around the region. under rocks, bushes, by the shore, running from predatory creatures, maybe head first in the ground and has to be dug up...ETC

The last chicks location is revealed when the player has found 7 of them. The last chick is in the stomach of a beast (Elite boss) and the player must defeat the creature and cut the chick out of the stomach of the beast.

*PLAYER TURNS IN CHICKS*

TRAVELER: WOW! You found them all! How could I ever thank you?! Here, take this for your troubles...Someone gave me it a long time ago, supposed to be some sort of map to a hidden treasure. its all I have, take it. Maybe you have better luck with it than I did.
*ITEM RECIEVED: HIDDEN TREASURE MAP*

The map is a worn piece of parchment paper with only Symbols in the middle.

xkfx938j1er2.jpg

The map given to the player unlocks the new quest line "Secrets of the map".

The map has a SUN, WAVE, A DOWNWARD ARROW AND EYE.

SOLUTION TO THE MAP : The map can be solved by bringing it to a body of water during sunset (1400-1900), diving in, and the map can be read underwater.
The real map is revealed and highlights a location deep into the Jundark forest. surrounded by trees, various creatures and SHEEP.

upon following the map, the player lands on a "ruin" site with a giant flat stone circle on the ground, in the middle with a text saying "The blood of a sheep turned, when the moon can be seen, the eyes will tell the truth"

SOLUTION : At night time when the moon is in the sky, different sheep around the area will have glowing yellow eyes, alongside the regular sheep in that area. When attacked, the sheep will turn into a "Were" creature the player must defeat and collect a vial of its blood. 7 were-sheeps must be killed before the sun comes up. The "were" sheep do not exist in the day.

When the player spills the vials onto the circle, it opens up into a winding staircase leading down. Now entering SHEEP DRAGONS LAIR.

When entering the Lair, the player is met with 10 prisoner beings, chained to the wall, holes in the middle of their chests, claiming to be human once, begging for a sweet death.
the first being tell the player

UNDEAD PRISONER : Another has come for the treasure!

PLAYER : Who are you? Why are you chained up like this?

UNDEAD PRISONER We were like you once, we received a map and deciphered its clues that lead us here. We sought fortune and adventure. However, it comes with a risk. Deep in this dungeon, if you make it that far. lies a Dragon. Don't worry, this Dragon will not kill you...but he will rip out your heart.

PLAYER : my heart?

UNDEAD PRISONER : YES! YOUR HEART! That's what it needs to survive, it collects human hearts & then chains you up to keep your soul imbued into the walls of this dungeon. It feeds off of it. forever.

Please traveler, slay the beast for us, destroy our hearts so our souls may leave these rotted bodies finally and we may be at piece. do this for us and you may collect what treasures we brought with us before we became forever bound tenants of this vile place.

NEW QUEST: SLAY THE HEART COLLECTOR : The new quest upon accepting is given to the player, to scour the dungeon and find the Dragon who dwells inside, slaying it, and destroying the hearts of the undead adventurers it has collected over the years.

THIS IS THE END OF THE 3 PART QUEST STORY. HOPE YOU LIKED IT! MAKE SURE TO LIKE AND COMMENT & CRIT. IS THERE SOMETHING YOU WOULD ADD? CHANGE? ANY IDEAS, LET ME KNOW! HOPEFULLY THE DEVS SEE THIS AND LIKE IT. I WOULD LOVE TO SEE VERRA FILLED WITH QUESTS AND STORIES LIKE THIS. ONCE WHERE YOU HAVE TO USE YOUR MIND AND NOT JUST YOUR WEAPON.

Comments

• Options
    I really like this type of quest line the first two parts could be done solo but the dragons lair might be a party based quest... and it easily could come from a commissions board "help me find my chickens" as well as the man out in open world. i would also think of reason to tie in the ware sheep to the dragons lair, vampire/lycan guards/sect maybe. also thinking about if this fits into the lore of Vera as a whole is important..

for your next one, how about one that has branching lines to the quest were you can complete it in says 4 different ways. so players choice is also present.