Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Guild-Owned Shops: Community Input Wanted!

KalnazzarKalnazzar Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
edited March 22 in General Discussion
Greetings fellow adventurers!

I've been pondering a concept regarding guild-owned shops in Ashes of Creation, and I'd love to hear your thoughts and opinions on the matter. I recently posed a question about this in the upcoming Q&A session with Steven, and now I'm reaching out to the community for further discussion.

The idea is to explore the possibility of guilds establishing independent shops with unique names, allowing guild members to serve as merchants even without personal freeholds. This could greatly enhance the economic dynamics within the game and foster a stronger sense of community involvement.

What are your thoughts on this concept? Do you believe it would enrich the gameplay experience and promote camaraderie within guilds? Share your insights, ideas, and suggestions here, and let's delve deeper into this intriguing possibility together!

Looking forward to hearing from you all!

Kalnazzar Wrin

Comments

• Options
    OtrOtr Member
    You mean instead of players, each having their own shop, the guild to provide them a `bigger common shop?
  • Options
    NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I am not against it as such, but what need does it fulfill really?

Players can have their own stalls and their personal shops regardless of any freehold. https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Player_stalls

And there is the auction house in economic nodes.

The obvious place for a guild shop would be at a guild hall, but only a few guilds will ever own one of those. Regardless of rarity, how would the shop work? What items would be sold? All the proceeds would go to the guild? Or do you envision something like a mini-auction house where each member can put something up for sale? Because if the latter, I think that will conflict with the one of the main purposes of the economic nodes.
  • Options
    Otr wrote: »
    You mean instead of players, each having their own shop, the guild to provide them a `bigger common shop?

The idea of a centralized guild shop really resonates with me, especially considering the dynamic economy and trading system in Ashes of Creation.

As a player, I've seen the opportunities that come with owning personal stalls or shops in town, but honestly, it's not always feasible for everyone. Some of us might not have the time or resources to invest in these personal assets, and that's where a guild shop steps in.

For me, having a centralized guild shop means I can still actively participate in the economy and benefit from trading within the guild, even if I don't have my own storefront. It offers a convenient alternative that allows me to contribute to guild commerce without the added pressure of managing my own shop.

Plus, being part of a guild shop fosters a strong sense of community and cooperation. It's not just about buying and selling goods—it's about coming together with fellow guild members, sharing resources, and supporting each other's economic endeavors.

I also love the idea that a guild shop can offer a wider range of goods and services than individual stalls. It becomes a bustling hub of activity where I can interact with other players and explore new opportunities for trade.

And let's not forget the strategic placement of our guild shop near thriving nodes and trade routes. It opens up doors for me to reach a broader market and expand my trading network, all while earning a share of the profits.

In essence, the centralized guild shop offers me a chance to be part of something bigger within the guild—a collaborative platform for economic activity where I can thrive alongside my fellow members.
  • Options
    Nerror wrote: »

Players can have their own stalls and their personal shops regardless of any freehold. https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Player_stalls

The obvious place for a guild shop would be at a guild hall, but only a few guilds will ever own one of those. Regardless of rarity, how would the shop work? What items would be sold? All the proceeds would go to the guild? Or do you envision something like a mini-auction house where each member can put something up for sale? Because if the latter, I think that will conflict with the one of the main purposes of the economic nodes.

While it's true that players have the option to own their own stalls and personal shops, the centralized guild shop serves a different need within the guild community. It provides an inclusive platform for all members to participate in the guild's economic activities, regardless of individual ownership of personal assets.

As mentioned earlier, not everyone may have the means or desire to acquire personal stalls or shops. The guild shop offers an alternative avenue for these members to still engage in trading and benefit from communal commerce within the guild.

Regarding the auction house in economic nodes, it's indeed a valuable resource for trading within the broader world of Ashes of Creation. However, the guild shop complements this by offering a more localized and community-focused trading experience. It becomes a centralized hub where guild members can come together, interact, and support each other's economic endeavors in a more personal and collaborative environment.

As for the logistics of the guild shop, there are various approaches we could take. One possibility is to operate it as a mini-auction house, where each member has the opportunity to put items up for sale. This not only encourages participation from all members but also fosters a sense of ownership and contribution to the guild's economic activities.

Regarding the distribution of proceeds, this would ultimately depend on the guild's policies and agreements. Some guilds may choose to allocate profits to guild funds for collective use, while others may opt for a system where individual sellers retain a portion of the proceeds. It's all about finding a balance that aligns with the guild's goals and values.

In terms of conflicting with the main purposes of economic nodes, the guild shop can actually complement these nodes by providing additional avenues for trade and commerce within the guild community. It serves as a localized extension of the broader economic ecosystem, enhancing the trading experience for guild members without undermining the functionalities of economic nodes.
  • Options
    OtrOtr Member
    Kalnazzar wrote: »
    Otr wrote: »

The idea of a centralized guild shop really resonates with me, especially considering the dynamic economy and trading system in Ashes of Creation.

As a player, I've seen the opportunities that come with owning personal stalls or shops in town, but honestly, it's not always feasible for everyone. Some of us might not have the time or resources to invest in these personal assets, and that's where a guild shop steps in.

For me, having a centralized guild shop means I can still actively participate in the economy and benefit from trading within the guild, even if I don't have my own storefront. It offers a convenient alternative that allows me to contribute to guild commerce without the added pressure of managing my own shop.

Plus, being part of a guild shop fosters a strong sense of community and cooperation. It's not just about buying and selling goods—it's about coming together with fellow guild members, sharing resources, and supporting each other's economic endeavors.

I also love the idea that a guild shop can offer a wider range of goods and services than individual stalls. It becomes a bustling hub of activity where I can interact with other players and explore new opportunities for trade.

And let's not forget the strategic placement of our guild shop near thriving nodes and trade routes. It opens up doors for me to reach a broader market and expand my trading network, all while earning a share of the profits.

In essence, the centralized guild shop offers me a chance to be part of something bigger within the guild—a collaborative platform for economic activity where I can thrive alongside my fellow members.

I've seen a similar concept and I liked it a lot. But advantage would come only for guilds which can place such a shop strategically as you say.
    In AoC maybe is not needed because the guild has already the capabilities to have freeholds.
    The freeholds themselves could get some of these features to help players trade within and outside the guild. But the freeholds are limited to be used by a small number of players so a bigger guild would need more freeholds. And your suggestion was to actually not rely on freeholds at all.
    I think your suggestion is worth being considered by Steven, as a progression reward for large guilds, with some bonus in economic nodes.
  • Options
    BergundBergund Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Spoke a little about this in Discord, but I see this as a permanent farmers market, where the guild would own the structure in a barony, and the guild members would rent out stalls to sell their wares, knick knacks, etc. An actual "middle space" in the physical map between guild halls and freeholds, but also a "middle space" economically. I really like this idea, and I hope Intrepid Studios sees your post/question.

5p8kqsk705xz.png
    The coin is a rite of passage.
  • Options
    Bergund wrote: »
    Spoke a little about this in Discord, but I see this as a permanent farmers market, where the guild would own the structure in a barony, and the guild members would rent out stalls to sell their wares, knick knacks, etc. An actual "middle space" in the physical map between guild halls and freeholds, but also a "middle space" economically. I really like this idea, and I hope Intrepid Studios sees your post/question.

5p8kqsk705xz.png

Thank you for the support and the Thumbs Up :) it helps to get the post seen I would imagine.
  • Options
    The idea is to explore the possibility of guilds establishing independent shops with unique names, allowing guild members to serve as merchants even without personal freeholds. This could greatly enhance the economic dynamics within the game and foster a stronger sense of community involvement.

I am a solid 100 Million Thousand Percent for the Concept that we Players can " name " a lot of our Stuff. Be it the Name of the Estate that is a Freehold - or a Tavern that one can build on/inside the Estate of a Freehold,

and maybe we can even have a Name Plate on a "static House" inside a Node. ;)

What personally strikes me as something i would love to have from your Comment, is :

- " establishing independent shops with unique names "
    - " even without personal freeholds "

I wonder if there could be Places - > or if there " should be Places " - in which for Example one or several Players can in fact build and open up a Tavern of their own.

Like : Nodes and Cities can have Taverns - no Idea if they are ALL owned by Players and not just by NPC's, but if Players may be able to have the Possibility of owning secluded Taverns between Nodes.

Like for Example the two Nodes shown in the Presentations since the last Months of last Year. The Windstead(?) Node and Miraleth(?) Node - from One which started the Caravan that reached the other Node. ;)

What if in the Middle between - on some lonely Road - or nearby or even inside a dark Area of Woods,

or on a Riverside or on Top of a high, rocky Hill or so - what if Players could build just a s~IIIIINGLE Building there, like for Example a Tavern ?

I know of a certain, amazing Person that would like to have his own Hidden Dagger Inn,
    probably on such a Place maybe ... ... ... 😁 . 😁 . 😁
    a50whcz343yn.png
  • Options
    Aszkalon wrote: »

I am a solid 100 Million Thousand Percent for the Concept that we Players can " name " a lot of our Stuff. Be it the Name of the Estate that is a Freehold - or a Tavern that one can build on/inside the Estate of a Freehold,

and maybe we can even have a Name Plate on a "static House" inside a Node. ;)

What personally strikes me as something i would love to have from your Comment, is :

- " establishing independent shops with unique names "
    - " even without personal freeholds "

I wonder if there could be Places - > or if there " should be Places " - in which for Example one or several Players can in fact build and open up a Tavern of their own.

Like : Nodes and Cities can have Taverns - no Idea if they are ALL owned by Players and not just by NPC's, but if Players may be able to have the Possibility of owning secluded Taverns between Nodes.

Like for Example the two Nodes shown in the Presentations since the last Months of last Year. The Windstead(?) Node and Miraleth(?) Node - from One which started the Caravan that reached the other Node. ;)

What if in the Middle between - on some lonely Road - or nearby or even inside a dark Area of Woods,

or on a Riverside or on Top of a high, rocky Hill or so - what if Players could build just a s~IIIIINGLE Building there, like for Example a Tavern ?

I know of a certain, amazing Person that would like to have his own Hidden Dagger Inn,
    probably on such a Place maybe ... ... ... 😁 . 😁 . 😁

Hey there! Thanks for sharing your thoughts and ideas about player-owned establishments and guild-operated shops. It's great to see fellow players enthusiastic about enhancing our in-game experiences.

Your suggestions really resonate with me, especially the concept of giving players the freedom to name their own places, whether it's an estate, a cozy tavern, or a bustling shop. It adds so much character and personalization to the world, making it feel more immersive and engaging.

The idea of guild-operated shops with unique names, even for those without personal freeholds, got me thinking. It's a fantastic way to promote collaboration within guilds and ensure that everyone can participate in the economy, regardless of their personal assets.

But I also understand the importance of keeping certain assets, like freeholds, valuable and meaningful. It's all about finding that balance between player freedom and maintaining the integrity of the game world.

Your suggestion about player-owned taverns between nodes really sparked my imagination. Imagine stumbling upon a hidden tavern in the middle of nowhere, owned by a player or a guild. It adds a whole new layer of depth to exploration and immersion.

As for implementing such features, I think the idea of guilds renting out designated spaces for temporary use could work well. It gives players a taste of ownership without the long-term commitment, while also introducing dynamic elements to the world.

Overall, your ideas have inspired some exciting possibilities for Ashes of Creation, and I can't wait to see how they evolve. Thanks for sharing your perspective,
  • Options
    Arya_YesheArya_Yeshe Member
    edited March 23
    It's effective; we already have that in EVE. We can operate a structure for the alliance, appoint a few individuals to oversee it, and establish a market there. Sometimes when we wish to start fights, we head to the system where the rival alliance lives and deploy a structure right in front of theirs, then tensions escalate instantly when your rivals logon into the game and see a structure right in front of theirs in the next day, imagine.

I love the idea if we are able to declare guild war and then go raid their shops. That would be incredible! Turning the other guild's shop into a blazing inferno would be a sight to behold, this could be a thing in AoC.
    PvE means: A handful of coins and a bag of boredom.
  • Options
    But I also understand the importance of keeping certain assets, like freeholds, valuable and meaningful. It's all about finding that balance between player freedom and maintaining the integrity of the game world.

Can you expand on this point a bit more, Kalnazzar?

Many freeholds will be controlled by guilds anyway ... due to the fact that the estate auction goes to the highest bidder. The highest bidder will commonly be the guild master or guild treasurer with pooled funds from the guild.

Freehold business buildings will have stalls to offer guild services (to sell to guildies and to other non-guildies that wander in). And, freehold owners will be able to set permissions that grant seller access to those services. Some of these functions will be testable in Alpha-2.

However, if the slim number of available freehold plots is scaring players into designing other marketplaces to masquerade as "freeholds" ... that's not really a good reason to implement this idea.

Bottom line, I think guild-owned shops is a great concept.

But, the smaller details need to be vetted.

So that the devs (and Steven) feel comfortable that it fulfills a unique mechanic that has not already been planned for Ashes.
  • Options

Can you expand on this point a bit more, Kalnazzar?

Many freeholds will be controlled by guilds anyway ... due to the fact that the estate auction goes to the highest bidder. The highest bidder will commonly be the guild master or guild treasurer with pooled funds from the guild.

Freehold business buildings will have stalls to offer guild services (to sell to guildies and to other non-guildies that wander in). And, freehold owners will be able to set permissions that grant seller access to those services. Some of these functions will be testable in Alpha-2.

However, if the slim number of available freehold plots is scaring players into designing other marketplaces to masquerade as "freeholds" ... that's not really a good reason to implement this idea.

Bottom line, I think guild-owned shops is a great concept.

But, the smaller details need to be vetted.

So that the devs (and Steven) feel comfortable that it fulfills a unique mechanic that has not already been planned for Ashes.

I mentioned that because acquiring freeholds is challenging, as the developers (and Steven) aim to preserve their significance. Personally, owning a freehold would feel less meaningful if it became easily accessible to everyone. Having a freehold would lose its special quality if it became commonplace. My comment about inns, in response to the previous post, reflects my skepticism about the feasibility of guild-rented inns. Inns are envisioned as long-term establishments, and I struggle to see how they could function as short-term rentals. Allowing inns to be rented out widely might diminish their value, as they would no longer offer that unique sense of ownership. While I don't have a solution for inns, it's worth noting that this is just my perspective as an individual player.
  • Options

While it's true that players have the option to own their own stalls and personal shops, the centralized guild shop serves a different need within the guild community. It provides an inclusive platform for all members to participate in the guild's economic activities, regardless of individual ownership of personal assets.

As mentioned earlier, not everyone may have the means or desire to acquire personal stalls or shops. The guild shop offers an alternative avenue for these members to still engage in trading and benefit from communal commerce within the guild.

Regarding the auction house in economic nodes, it's indeed a valuable resource for trading within the broader world of Ashes of Creation. However, the guild shop complements this by offering a more localized and community-focused trading experience. It becomes a centralized hub where guild members can come together, interact, and support each other's economic endeavors in a more personal and collaborative environment.

As for the logistics of the guild shop, there are various approaches we could take. One possibility is to operate it as a mini-auction house, where each member has the opportunity to put items up for sale. This not only encourages participation from all members but also fosters a sense of ownership and contribution to the guild's economic activities.

Regarding the distribution of proceeds, this would ultimately depend on the guild's policies and agreements. Some guilds may choose to allocate profits to guild funds for collective use, while others may opt for a system where individual sellers retain a portion of the proceeds. It's all about finding a balance that aligns with the guild's goals and values.

In terms of conflicting with the main purposes of economic nodes, the guild shop can actually complement these nodes by providing additional avenues for trade and commerce within the guild community. It serves as a localized extension of the broader economic ecosystem, enhancing the trading experience for guild members without undermining the functionalities of economic nodes.

I'm so confused about your idea. so how does it work? if I farm 100 iron ore, instead of selling them to other players I sell them to a special guild npc and someone else from the guild can buy them? huh?

just talk to people in your guild and sell them the items instead of setting up a personal stall (not sure what you mean by commitment to it, you could just leave it there while doing other things) or selling at the auction house. o-o
  • Options

I've been pondering a concept regarding guild-owned shops in Ashes of Creation, and I'd love to hear your thoughts and opinions on the matter. I recently posed a question about this in the upcoming Q&A session with Steven, and now I'm reaching out to the community for further discussion.

What are your thoughts on this concept? Do you believe it would enrich the gameplay experience and promote camaraderie within guilds? Share your insights, ideas, and suggestions here, and let's delve deeper into this intriguing possibility together!

Kalnazzar Wrin

Hello, I would like to take up my 2 cents on this topic. From what I read on the wiki player stalls are enabled on a freehold, economic node, or marketplace. In my opinion, why must the economic node which specializes in trade not expand upon stalls, and only give an auction house at max level. My idea is why not have the economic node allow the stalls to be expanded to guilds rather than players. This could allow more trade to flow through an economic node than say a military node with freeholds and a marketplace.

As I say this though, I can see freeholds or stalls becoming designated guild stalls already. All it takes is for a player to set up shop and have the guild funnel materials to sell through the stall with a little bit of advertising to make clear this shop is from X guild.
  • Options
    Depraved wrote: »

I'm so confused about your idea. so how does it work? if I farm 100 iron ore, instead of selling them to other players I sell them to a special guild npc and someone else from the guild can buy them? huh?

just talk to people in your guild and sell them the items instead of setting up a personal stall (not sure what you mean by commitment to it, you could just leave it there while doing other things) or selling at the auction house. o-o

My idea revolves around providing players with the opportunity to immerse themselves in the role of a seller by owning a shop and displaying goods they have for sale. Imagine a bustling marketplace akin to a mall, where one big building houses numerous individually owned shops.

Players would have the ability to purchase or craft various display furniture such as shelves, bookcases, and stands to showcase their wares. Alternatively, they could hire NPCs to manage their shops and sell goods on their behalf. This system offers players the flexibility to engage in commerce without the need for personal stalls or the commitment of setting up and maintaining an individual shop.

By centralizing these shops within a communal space, players can browse through a variety of offerings conveniently while fostering a vibrant economic ecosystem within the game. This concept not only enhances player interaction but also provides an avenue for those who may not have the means or desire to acquire personal stalls or sell through the auction house.

Ultimately, the goal is to enrich the player experience by offering diverse gameplay opportunities and promoting community engagement through player-driven economic activities.
  • Options
    koltovince wrote: »

Kalnazzar Wrin

Hello, I would like to take up my 2 cents on this topic. From what I read on the wiki player stalls are enabled on a freehold, economic node, or marketplace. In my opinion, why must the economic node which specializes in trade not expand upon stalls, and only give an auction house at max level. My idea is why not have the economic node allow the stalls to be expanded to guilds rather than players. This could allow more trade to flow through an economic node than say a military node with freeholds and a marketplace.

As I say this though, I can see freeholds or stalls becoming designated guild stalls already. All it takes is for a player to set up shop and have the guild funnel materials to sell through the stall with a little bit of advertising to make clear this shop is from X guild.

My idea revolves around providing players with the opportunity to immerse themselves in the role of a seller by renting a limited-time space to display and sell their goods, mirroring the experience of owning a shop. Imagine a bustling marketplace akin to a mall, where one big building houses numerous individually owned shops.

Players would have the ability to rent these spaces for a set period, during which they can set up and manage their shops, showcasing their wares to potential buyers. This time-restrained approach offers players a window into the life of a shop owner without the long-term commitment, recognizing that not everyone may have the time, resources, or desire to acquire personal assets such as stalls or shops.

By centralizing these shops within a communal space, players can browse through a variety of offerings conveniently while fostering a vibrant economic ecosystem within the game. This concept not only enhances player interaction but also provides an avenue for those who may not have the means or desire to acquire personal stalls or sell through the auction house.

Ultimately, the goal is to enrich the player experience by offering diverse gameplay opportunities and promoting community engagement through player-driven economic activities, all within the framework of a time-restricted rental system within the centralized guild shop.
  • Options

Kalnazzar Wrin

My idea revolves around providing players with the opportunity to immerse themselves in the role of a seller by renting a limited-time space to display and sell their goods, mirroring the experience of owning a shop. Imagine a bustling marketplace akin to a mall, where one big building houses numerous individually owned shops.

Players would have the ability to rent these spaces for a set period, during which they can set up and manage their shops, showcasing their wares to potential buyers. This time-restrained approach offers players a window into the life of a shop owner without the long-term commitment, recognizing that not everyone may have the time, resources, or desire to acquire personal assets such as stalls or shops.

Ultimately, the goal is to enrich the player experience by offering diverse gameplay opportunities and promoting community engagement through player-driven economic activities, all within the framework of a time-restricted rental system within the centralized guild shop.

Forgive me, but isn't this communal space already in the game? According tot he wiki once a node hits stage 4 the mayor of any node type can build a marketplace which allows players to build up stalls with the economy node and freeholds being the same. And for the marketplace specifically there would probably be a limited time span to own a spot. The only aspect lacking is it wouldn't be centralized within a guild, but a guild determined to make money would find a way through existing market place or freehold functions.
  • Options

Kalnazzar Wrin

Forgive me, but isn't this communal space already in the game? According tot he wiki once a node hits stage 4 the mayor of any node type can build a marketplace which allows players to build up stalls with the economy node and freeholds being the same. And for the marketplace specifically there would probably be a limited time span to own a spot. The only aspect lacking is it wouldn't be centralized within a guild, but a guild determined to make money would find a way through existing market place or freehold functions.

You've made some excellent observations about the existing mechanics in Ashes of Creation, particularly regarding the establishment of guild-owned shops within the node system.

It becomes evident that guild halls and freeholds play integral roles within the node system of Ashes of Creation. Guild halls serve as central hubs for guild activities and offer various benefits to their members, depending on their placement within a node or its surrounding baronies.

Baronies, designated areas within a node's Zone of Influence (ZOI), provide parcels of land specifically reserved for the establishment of freeholds and guild halls. These baronies are crucial for guilds looking to establish a presence within a node's territory.

In terms of guild halls, only one can be constructed within a barony, and the number of active guild halls is determined by the node's stage. However, guild halls owned by patron guilds may confer benefits to surrounding estates within the node by investing in specific passives and completing quest lines. This dynamic not only enhances guild cohesion but also fosters community engagement within the node's territory.

Expanding on this foundation, one exciting feature we could explore is allowing individuals, both guild members and non-guild members, to rent space within guild-owned shops. This feature would enable players not affiliated with a guild to showcase and sell their goods within the bustling marketplace housed in the guild hall.

Players would have the flexibility to purchase or craft various display furniture, such as shelves, bookcases, and stands, to showcase their wares within the rented space. Alternatively, they could opt to hire NPCs to manage their shops and handle the selling process on their behalf.

Moreover, the strategic placement of guild halls within a node or its surrounding baronies ensures accessibility and visibility for potential customers, further enhancing the economic viability of the marketplace.

By introducing this comprehensive system, we can offer players a diverse range of options to engage in commerce, promote inclusivity, and foster a vibrant economic ecosystem within the game. It not only enriches the gameplay experience but also strengthens community involvement and interaction in the world of Ashes of Creation.

In essence, while the existing mechanics provide a solid foundation for player-driven economic activities, exploring innovative features like the ability for non-guild members to rent space within guild-owned shops can further enhance the gameplay experience and strengthen community engagement in the world of Ashes of Creation.
  • Options
    NiKrNiKr Member
    A NODE building. We already have this and there's no reason to limit this to guilds only. Guilds will already have literally everything else (freeholds, inns, in-node housing, etc etc)
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Markets
  • Options
    NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I am getting too curious not to ask.. @Kalnazzar are you running all your posts through chatgpt? Because it really, really looks AI written. :D
  • Options
    AzheraeAzherae Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I am getting too curious not to ask.. @Kalnazzar are you running all your posts through chatgpt? Because it really, really looks AI written. :D

Aww and I held back, too.

Parser says Very High on structuring, but I did want to do some adjustments if it was only partially so, since it only got a medium on meta.
    Sorry, my native language is Erlang.

• Options

I am running my reply, through the chatbot because my grammar and spelling are atrocious. I type out what I want to say and I tell it to fix the grammar and spelling issues.
  • Options
    AszkalonAszkalon Member
    edited March 24
    I am running my reply, through the chatbot because my grammar and spelling are atrocious.

My own Grammar and Spelling are atrocious as well, at times. I am way to lazy to use any kind of help for it however. 😆 . 🤣
    a50whcz343yn.png
  • Options
    tautautautau Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Regarding the idea presented by the OP:

I have been in guilds which had expert crafters in a game where player shops were allowed (Lineage2). The crafters, or sometimes their alts on a 2nd account, would function as the 'guild shop' that the OP suggested.

Since the guild name was on the character (and the shop was always located at the same place), it became known as the guild shop. Other guilds did the same and set up shops nearby. Eventually, the marketplace self-organized into the weapons sellers tended to be together, armor sellers together, potions together, and so forth. It had a delightful feel of a middle-eastern market back in the days of the Roman and Persian Empires.

In other words, we may not need a 'game imposed' guild store system. The players will probably organize it all themselves, which I find preferable.