Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Forum vibe

Hello, old school gamer here. 50 y old and still gaming. I read a few post here, and I got to say I'm impressed by the community. It seems to be a forum where people can share their opinion without being slammed by censorship. Everybody seems to have a different opinion about different subjects, but I also don't find it overwhelmingly toxic. Hope it stays that way!

Comments

• Options
    blatblat Member
    Here here! It's a massively complex project so there'll be a tonne of different takes, but everyone's here with good intentions.
  • Options
    ILLPeonUILLPeonU Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Europa wrote: »
    Hello, old school gamer here. 50 y old and still gaming. I read a few post here, and I got to say I'm impressed by the community. It seems to be a forum where people can share their opinion without being slammed by censorship. Everybody seems to have a different opinion about different subjects, but I also don't find it overwhelmingly toxic. Hope it stays that way!

Welcome fellow old dude, 52 here!
    TwitchTV Streamer: The Hidden Dagger Inn Saturday's 5:00 PM Cst
    7wg8px59ktyc.jpg

https://youtube.com/@TheHiddenDaggerInn
  • Options
    McShaveMcShave Member
    Hmm, I'm not sure. It can get pretty toxic if you have some opinions that come in conflict with the design ideology set by Intrepid, but some tough correction is sometimes necessary.
  • Options
    Generally the most toxic I have seen the forums get is if you type in PVE/PvX/PVP. Otherwise the forums are very nice, and the community discussions can have very interesting discourse.
  • Options
    edited March 25
    We def have some toxic vibes here and there. But most of the time, it's just mature constructive feedback and balling ideas with one another.

I am sure, it'll change once the game releases and more people join. But we will see. So far I am liking a lot of people on here and looking forward to play with them or alongside them in A2 :)
    m6jque7ofxxf.gif
  • Options
    FantmxFantmx Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    It has been a great community to be with for the past 7 years. Welcome aboard!

I will say the forums are different from discord are different from reddit.
  • Options
    PyrololPyrolol Member
    We def have some toxic vibes here and there. But most of the time, it's just mature constructive feedback and balling ideas with one another.

I am sure, it'll change once the game releases and more people join. But we will see. So far I am liking a lot of people on here and looking forward to play with them or alongside them in A2 :)

Should see the old WoW forums
    So entertaining 😂
    rvid9f6vp7vl.png
  • Options
    Pyrolol wrote: »

Should see the old WoW forums
    So entertaining 😂

Hah! I'd rather not. I have PTSD from ESO forums as is lol
    m6jque7ofxxf.gif
  • Options
    koltovince wrote: »
    Generally the most toxic I have seen the forums get is if you type in PVE/PvX/PVP.

You typed it.......

comedysportz-comedy.gif
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    and I got to say I'm impressed by the community. It seems to be a forum where people can share their opinion without being slammed by censorship.

I must admit, i was positively surprised by how relaxed and peaceful (lol) this Forum is, also.

This Forum lacks the usual Toxicity which is for Example present in World of WoW-Token Craft Forums,
    or on most Gaming Websites i have ever visited, who have Subforums for quite a handful Number of Video Games everytime.

And i mean somewhat big Titles. But that is insignificant there -> as the Communities in those Websites are usually completely useless for the most simple, social of Talks. :D

Everybody seems to have a different opinion about different subjects, but I also don't find it overwhelmingly toxic. Hope it stays that way!

Hmmm 😁 hopefully i am wrong, but it will get interesting the Moment Alpha Two hits the Stage - and then the Forum might get a huge Number of People visiting it either for the first Time - or People returning who have quit this Forum in the last Years. ;)
    a50whcz343yn.png
  • Options
    MybroViajeroMybroViajero Member
    edited March 27
    daveywavey wrote: »
    koltovince wrote: »
    Generally the most toxic I have seen the forums get is if you type in PVE/PvX/PVP.

You typed it.......

comedysportz-comedy.gif

qtpb7riw7fl2.png

toxic !
    EDym4eg.png
  • Options
    What I like about this community is that they try to improve AoC in their own way, with their opinions but without being overly toxic.

There will be differences but the vast majority have a common vision, to see that AoC can improve.

Welcome bro !
    Have this pineapple pizza and enjoy the forum.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avkj4-5z7io
    EDym4eg.png
  • Options
    OtrOtr Member
    I am curious about that pineapple on the pizza...
    I cannot say if I like it...
    Looks good but is it PvP or PvE?
  • Options
    NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited March 27
    On the forums it's PvP. In RL it's divine. Ate some a couple of hours ago.
  • Options
    SinderSinder Member
    edited March 28
    Nerror wrote: »
    On the forums it's PvP. In RL it's divine. Ate some a couple of hours ago.

You poor creature.
    wbauorbolxt1.png
  • Options
    HinotoriHinotori Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    ENOUGH PINEAPPLE PIZZA HERESY

makbcpud3ngt.gif

lsb9nxihx5vc.png
  • Options
    VaknarVaknar Moderator, Member, Staff
    ty9nbox2d856.png
    community_management.gif
  • Options