Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Ren'Kai, identify yourselves

blatblat Member
edited March 27 in General Discussion
Ren'Kai featuring in this friday's showcase:

f6agf9blw4j5.png

Comments

• Options
    blatblat Member
    Actually, thinking of names for my Ren'Kai. Opinions?

(These are all variants of characters I've used before)
    Jekki
    Jek'Kai
    Jek
    Phlegm

Anyone got opinions to share? I'm going for a PvP-oriented Ranger, possibly Ranger/Fighter. Patrolling the swamps.
  • Options
    edited March 27
    Steven said:

k4k6g2vgm4e2.gif
    :heart:
    m6jque7ofxxf.gif
  • Options
    image.png?ex=66168598&is=66041098&hm=aec4b4f4138b97b157a6f20af1d588fbda092ae914d6a84adf3ca546112490b6&
    ykwk7qwgw5os.jpg
  • Options
    blatblat Member
    image.png?ex=66168598&is=66041098&hm=aec4b4f4138b97b157a6f20af1d588fbda092ae914d6a84adf3ca546112490b6&

Careful, trip hazard
  • Options
    OtrOtr Member
    edited March 27
    They look better in this picture

SSLivestream-2022-07-29-49%3A04.00.png
  • Options
    Otr wrote: »

I hope they develop more towards this concept idea. This concept art and their architecture really give off a non-traditional orc aesthetic. Sadly both showcases of the Ren'Kai have been more orc zug-zug than what this art shows.
  • Options
    This is also why i said i want to see more. ;)

I wish for two Presentations monthly. One around 15th of a Month and one Presentation around the last Day of the Month. Now i am aware of Course, that maybe even awesome Intrepid can not cast so much Wonders until Alpha Two,

but damn i wish there would be more Info. More Feedback. More 2024 Knowledge about all the Races. About the Lore. About Node Evolution. And maybe even about the Underdark/Underworld of Verra. ;)
    a50whcz343yn.png
  • Options
    blatblat Member
    How many examples have we seen? Maybe it's just a character selection thing, and you can... dial up the "Asian" Vs zug zug
  • Options
    blat wrote: »
    How many examples have we seen? Maybe it's just a character selection thing, and you can... dial up the "Asian" Vs zug zug

Apparently the Ren'kai are scaley due to dragonborn heritage. It might be possible we can scale up the scales during character creation. Who knows.
  • Options
    blatblat Member
    koltovince wrote: »

Apparently the Ren'kai are scaley due to dragonborn heritage. It might be possible we can scale up the scales during character creation. Who knows.

Sweet.
  • Options
    Ren'Kai featuring in this friday's showcase:

f6agf9blw4j5.png

Here.

I hate it.

1. Mouth to nose distance is ridiculous.
    2. Sunken cheeks
    3. It seems like you are stuck with one type of pointy nose
    4. Head is too narrow and unproportionally to his body.
    5. Philtrum is fused with nose and way too long
    6. Ridge of the lips doesn't fade into skin
    7. Tusks are tiny
    8. Upper lip is too full, making him look like he has done some plastic surgery

It's like an odd mix of WoW orc (body) and githyanki's head.
    If they really wanted to experiment with races, they should add the ones with the classic look first. Utterly disappointed.
  • Options
    SathragoSathrago Member
    edited March 28
    they gotta pull out some sort of bad ass lizard/dino/dragon man stuff with the Tulnar for me to not now be a Renkai main. Now that's a damn orc.
    5000x1000px_Sathrago_Commission_RavenJuu.jpg?ex=661327bf&is=6600b2bf&hm=e6652ad4fec65a6fe03abd2e8111482acb29206799f1a336b09f703d4ff33c8b&
    Commissioned at https://fiverr.com/ravenjuu
  • Options
    NiKrNiKr Member
    [If they really wanted to experiment with races, they should add the ones with the classic look first. Utterly disappointed.
    You do realize that this is not an enforced preset, right? You can change literally all of the things you complained about. We'll have a character creator that's supposedly one of the best in the genre. Of course there's gonna be some limitations, but all of your complaints are also tiny details.
  • Options
    NiKr wrote: »
    [If they really wanted to experiment with races, they should add the ones with the classic look first. Utterly disappointed.
    You do realize that this is not an enforced preset, right? You can change literally all of the things you complained about. We'll have a character creator that's supposedly one of the best in the genre. Of course there's gonna be some limitations, but all of your complaints are also tiny details.

I will believe it when I see it.
  • Options

And they look even better in this picture:
    ss-2022-02-27-00_59_16-00008.png
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    blatblat Member
    Would be sweet if we could dial up/down the beef levels, "Asian" vs zug aesthetic, and the dragonscale stuff.

That'd give quite a lot of customisability straight off the bat.
  • Options
    Is this the race that's supposed to be the tallest in the game? Want to say I recall either Steven of Jeff saying in a video the orcs would be the tallest/largest.

• Options
    Vaempy wrote: »
    I can't wait to see the range of the character creator.

RING DING DING DING !!! ;) Exactly.

This total Info-lull, or lack of Information - is seriously hard these Days. I am not imagining this, am i ? People like Narc are already bringing out fearful Videos that Alpha Two might be very, very small in Comparison of what People hope for,

and are acting like it is the End of the World and Ashes will flop or something. I mean, i can understand the "Thirst" for the Game and Knowledge about it has gone up again,

after all, Sir Steven announced the Alpha Two last Year - and the sweet, monthly Presentations are nice as well. Makes Hunger for more. 😁
    a50whcz343yn.png
  • Options
    Yenn0warYenn0war Member
    edited March 28
    daveywavey wrote: »

And they look even better in this picture:
    ss-2022-02-27-00_59_16-00008.png

Whats with the orc having such a short nose?
    Why is there a such a large distance between the nose and mouth?

This is horrible. New iteration suffers from the same thing, but at least this one has a wider jaw.

Also, whats with the small tusks and full upper lip? Whatever fantasy setting you pick, orc lips are either nonexistant or a lower one is just full. Upper on is either thin or almost like its sucked in into mouth.

Check any orc in existence (WoW, LoTr, Rings of power, Hobbit, Dnd...) and you will see what I am talking about.

• Options
    AszkalonAszkalon Member
    edited March 29
    Yenn0war wrote: »
    Whats with the orc having such a short nose?

Maybe this is an Offspring between a Verra-Orc and a Githyanki from Toril. Who knows ? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Why is there a such a large distance between the nose and mouth?

Maybe the Developers were pressured by Sweet Baby Inc to let the Orc look "more modern and progressive" in how some wannabe-progressive Ladies Nobody needs to give Attention to, imagine a modern Orc to look like.

Since the Developers don't want to get fired and cancelled over Accusations of Racism against a Fantasy-Race that quite literally does not exist - they had no choice but to give in. 😁

( This Post is mostly Satire and i admit i had a bit to much Fun writing it. Still grinning like an Idiot over here, or like these Emoji's ) 😁

This is horrible. New iteration suffers from the same thing, but at least this one has a wider jaw.

Also, whats with the small tusks and full upper lip? Whatever fantasy setting you pick, orc lips are either nonexistant or a lower one is just full. Upper on is either thin or almost like its sucked in into mouth.

All Jokes aside for a bit,

i have seen quite a lot of amazing Character-Models inside the last Year, or Artworks of how Orc's and other Races can look like in the Game -> with me thinking the somewhat "ASIAN Looking", green Orc's were a very fresh and cool-looking Invention,

maybe what You critizise there is just one of many Options that might be available when the Game come out. Maybe it is a Work in Progress that will be discarded until then.

You can be confident it will get interesting the Moment the "Character Creator" is out for the Phönix Initiative Members.

Out as in - out in a way that they HOPEFULLY share lots and lots and LOTS of Footage about what they can create in the Character Creator. Damn my Hunger and Thirst for more Information about Ashes is real. 😁
    a50whcz343yn.png
  • Options
    Jam21Jam21 Member
    Renkai, lol.

"Asian orc" fr
  • Options
    blatblat Member
    Jam21 wrote: »
    Renkai, lol.

"Asian orc" fr

nq4igbf7wuri.png
  • Options
    I hope the Ren'Kai are given Shakespearian like voices and statements, instead of offish and primitive demeanors.

The greatest thing to ever added to Star Trek Klingons was making them fans of Shakespeare.

Imagine a hulking Orc, in full armor and greatsword, charge at you, while reciting lines from Macbeth or Richard the Third.
  • Options
    if you arent an elf, you dont matter.