Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

another augment idea for the mage

just another one since im liking making these right now and have too many damn ideas in my head but i figured there was one type of magic that is poorly explored in D&D which is of course one of the bigger inspirations for ashes that i always felt sad due to its lack of exploration especially since my favorite class in the game was made for it but than abandonded when some polishing woulda made it a great class that wouldnt outshine the rest but woulda been a fun addition being psionic magic which for those who dont know is basically all that telekinesis and telepathy type stuff that actually doesnt use magic but instead pure mental energy to let you control the world and others mental energy a.k.a also giving ya a mind control option depnending on how its used.

beyond that if ya want an idea of how say a mage/mage with full psionic augments would look than just look up videos talking about the mystic class from D&D since i would imagine it would be somehting similar to that with plenty of spells to affect the emotions and even just fully control people as well as a bunch of telekinesis attacks where you can throw the ground or launch concentrated telekinesis orbs and stuff at your enemeis as well as induce psychic damage where you attack their mind directly bascially killing their soul instead of aiming for their physical body.

Comments

• Options
    NerrorNerror Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Psionics can be fun, with mind damage as a special damage type. I can see it perhaps as a part of an expansion even, with psionic augments coming from that.

Big no to mind controlling other players. Mind controlling mobs? Sure, perhaps, as long as standard flagging rules apply. As in, if you mind control a mob to attack a green player, you should become flagged and even corrupted if the mob kills the player. I think it's safer/better to not have mind control in the game though.
  • Options
    AnimikiiAnimikii Member
    Nerror wrote: »
    Psionics can be fun, with mind damage as a special damage type. I can see it perhaps as a part of an expansion even, with psionic augments coming from that.

Big no to mind controlling other players. Mind controlling mobs? Sure, perhaps, as long as standard flagging rules apply. As in, if you mind control a mob to attack a green player, you should become flagged and even corrupted if the mob kills the player. I think it's safer/better to not have mind control in the game though.

100% agree on the expansion bit as that would make for a fun new addition for all the classes to enjoy and be some great content that everyone can use even on their older characters since it would be the augment which CAN be changed after character creation.
    as for the part about mind controlling, think of it more like CC where you force players to stop or run away or even towards you which could be great for a tank or even a mage mage with pure psionics who than becomes an off tank with pve mobs being especially affected as they are more able to be forced to do things like 'drop' their weapons or even turn on their allies with hell, they could even introduce something fun where perhaps muiltiple psionic mages could do what the summoners could do and induce these effects more liberally at the cost of all movement and HEAVY mental energy consumption with it perhaps being a resource that as opposed to mana which would be average size and recovery, mental energy would be a bigger resources pool with almost no recovery to speak of with the smaller solo stuff like again, causing like 3 seconds of fear and cowering in place or forcing them to 'drop' their weapon which would in actuality just force them to unequip them so they dont actually loose them with they would need to click the weapon on the ground to 'pick it back up' since i imagine changing items in the inventory in combat wont be allowed like how it works in most games.